Hospital will start charging for the service now

vedraes

I understand they may be feed up with all the drunks but they keep forgetting where all their money come from (from drunk young tourists mainly and party goers).

http://theibizan.com/drunks-hospital-in-ibiza-to-pay/

Their rob u in clubs, bars, in fake taxis, muggers and now hospital?

Well, good luck. Better be prepared to start growing potatoes and collect salt again. People have got enough of it already.

I understand they may be feed up with all the drunks but they keep forgetting where all their money come from (from drunk young tourists mainly and party goers).

Well, good luck. Better be prepared to start growing potatoes and collect salt again. People have got enough of it already.

^ that has to be the most stupid post on here in some time

Probably one of the most stupid posts.
Tourists injecting the most money, are NOT clubbers.
In Switzerland, most hospitals are charging drunks for their overnight stay, because emergencies were saturated by such scums.
Hospitals budgets are not linked to tourism money.

I thought people here would be more open minded or at least respectful and just well behaved but this is just another forum full of unhappy married and lonely singles trying to swift their angers on others. Well goodbye, hope you u both will get charged for tripping on kerb after having a glass of wine in the marina. Adios

59ae035732c9f8a13cfb70d5cdfde659c99f2009c912d719e4242393c6146cb2.jpg

I thought people here would be more open minded or at least respectful and just well behaved but this is just another forum full of unhappy married and lonely singles trying to swift their angers on others. Well goodbye, hope you u both will get charged for tripping on kerb after having a glass of wine in the marina. Adios

You are the kind of tourists, locals don't want anymore.
Your post was disrespectful toward the locals, the island.
Hoping for an injury for 2 guys you don't even know; sums up your persona.

I agree with it. Every country should do it. Gives the incentive to not 'over do it' and the hospitals are happy. . ish

the hospitals are happy. . ish
and the residents too, who pay it with their taxes but when they have to go to the hospital during the summer often end up waiting for hours due of the collapse caused by drunk young tourists mainly and party goers!

it's perfectly explained in "viaje al turismo basura" (trip to the trash tourism)...

portada.jpg

I think its a good thing, and something they should start doing in the UK.

In fact, wasn't there talk of a £10 charge for anyone that came into A and E? I am not against that either if it helps the NHS

A charge for A&E, or in fact hospitals in general, would only be fair to charge those whose injuries are self-inflicted.. i.e. drunks, idiots, people who have health conditions as a direct consequence of their lifestyle..

Might be worth reading the small print of your holiday insurance, hospital costs might not be covered if you drink too much and injure yourselves.

Also; where do Brits/EU's with the EHIC card stand on this - we are still in the EU and our cards are still valid (thanks, Brexit, for the risk of us losing them) so presumably if you flash your card, drunk or not, you should be entitled to treatment just like the UK?

Might be worth reading the small print of your holiday insurance, hospital costs might not be covered if you drink too much and injure yourselves.

Also; where do Brits/EU's with the EHIC card stand on this - we are still in the EU and our cards are still valid (thanks, Brexit, for the risk of us losing them) so presumably if you flash your card, drunk or not, you should be entitled to treatment just like the UK?

Nice....

Dont get injured in the US. An ER visit for my son last June ran $5000.

Nice....

Dont get injured in the US. An ER visit for my son last June ran $5000.

What happens if people have an accident while drunk and can't afford treatment? Are they just left to die? The correct answer is free treatment but higher taxes on booze, cigs and junk food, to be ploughed back into the health service.

(& booze is relatively cheap in Spain.)

What happens if people have an accident while drunk and can't afford treatment? Are they just left to die? The correct answer is free treatment but higher taxes on booze, cigs and junk food, to be ploughed back into the health service.

(& booze is relatively cheap in Spain.)

you're joking right?

if someone gets paralytic, they should be personally liable for being a dickhead. why should anyone else foot the bill? Why should anyone face a VAT hike because UK society cannot handle its booze? why should Spanish doctors/nurses waste their time/resources on another country's exported social problems?

the last time I got stupidly drunk that I had no idea what was going on was 2002 when I fell down the stairs at Edgware Road after my office xmas party and got taken to St Mary's in an ambulance, after some Australian found me in a mess on the pavement. When I came round on a stretcher in a corridor, I never felt so embarrassed. Someone probably needed that stretcher. I never ever got drunk like that again. An internal warning system has been pretty effective ever since (the narcs are another story, but again never to the point of needing medical help)

whatever happened to this total mutoid? didn't hang about..

What happens if people have an accident while drunk and can't afford treatment? Are they just left to die?

Here, to answer your question, the patient is treated (basic/emergency) regardless of willingness or ability to pay. Nobody is turned away to die on the pavements. Initially, all of your information and ID is taken so they know who you are and you can later be billed. Follow-up care is another story... you may die at home, or be forced to go back to the ER with out the proper follow-on care.

Many uninsured in the US use the ER as their common/primary doctor, unfortunately. Healthcare has been a huge political battle here for the last decade. A giant circle jerk, really. It is a really complicated matter with various characters (Insurance companies, Big Pharma, med schools) all having a hand in maintaining margins, regardless if we have "free" or "personal paid/ private" medicine.

Back