Higher Levels of Wrongness Than The Royal Oak?

Buckley

Da family - I see your Royal Oak and raise you The Fringe in Vauxhall.

Anyone else been? I've been in some shady places in my time but I reckon this could be...well, it's just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Drew said:
Can i play?

I'll raise you 'Niche' in Sheffield :eek:

Course mate.

Yup - although Niche is a club and this place is just a very run-down small dark room/pub with the worst DJs in the world and a clientele mainly comprising crack dealers!

Outbacks in Cleckheaton, West Yorks. That's like having a royal flush and betting your grandma's anal virginity on it. You won't beat that. Ecstasy is what you feel after glassing your third woman, beer flows almost as much as the blood, you can only peel one foot at a time off the carpet and the djs make Dave Pearce sound like he should be playing at DC10.

And it's Australian themed i.e. there's a boomerang on one wall (handy weapon later in the night) and one of the radiators is painted gold and green.

I recommend it.

gingerfreak said:
Outbacks in Cleckheaton, West Yorks. That's like having a royal flush and betting your grandma's anal virginity on it. You won't beat that. Ecstasy is what you feel after glassing your third woman, beer flows almost as much as the blood, you can only peel one foot at a time off the carpet and the djs make Dave Pearce sound like he should be playing at DC10.

And it's Australian themed i.e. there's a boomerang on one wall (handy weapon later in the night) and one of the radiators is painted gold and green.

I recommend it.
PMSL!!!! :lol:

gingerfreak said:
djs make Dave Pearce sound like he should be playing at DC10.

Still reckon The Fringe's DJs had to be worse. One's mixes weren't just clanging, they were proper herd of elephants falling downstairs at speed jobs!

Maybe it got better when we left after some of the resident 'vendors' started scuffling and one ran to his car shouting loudly about getting his 'piece' to ''shoot-up bad' his rival!

Worst thing was there was actually people I know in there!

Buckley said:
gingerfreak said:

Still reckon The Fringe's DJs had to be worse. One's mixes weren't just clanging, they were proper herd of elephants falling downstairs at speed jobs!

Maybe it got better when we left after some of the resident 'vendors' started scuffling and one ran to his car shouting loudly about getting his 'piece' to ''shoot-up bad' his rival!

So did you stay out for friday AND saturday in the end?? sorry for copping out mate.

S Express said:
Buckley said:
gingerfreak said:

So did you stay out for friday AND saturday in the end?? sorry for copping out mate.

Friday night ended at 8pm Sat when I finally got home. Can't wait for the current to return and bring normality with her! :lol:

Buckley said:
S Express said:
Buckley said:
gingerfreak said:

Friday night ended at 8pm Sat when I finally got home. Can't wait for the current to return and bring normality with her! :lol:

I was in Vauxhall too on Saturday morning...although that was a club called Fire/Fist/PM/AM...details are sketchy but it must have been hot in there as everyone seeemed to have their tops off... :eek: :lol: :lol:

MidlifeRaver said:
I was in Vauxhall too on Saturday morning...although that was a club called Fire/Fist/PM/AM...details are sketchy but it must have been hot in there as everyone seeemed to have their tops off... :eek: :lol: :lol:

That will be AM @ Fire, it's a great place isn't it :D

Barbie said:
MidlifeRaver said:

That will be AM @ Fire, it's a great place isn't it :D

Although "Fist" might be a better description :eek: :rolleyes:

Erm, I'm trying to decide between the Royal Oak or Fire....

OK It's got to be the Royal Oak Im afraid! I have had some fun moments in Fire (albeit some very scary moments too :eek: ). But the Royal Oak was just plain scary, full stop. That place should be shut down! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Beckiboo said:
Although "Fist" might be a better description :eek: :rolleyes:

Erm, I'm trying to decide between the Royal Oak or Fire....

OK It's got to be the Royal Oak Im afraid! I have had some fun moments in Fire (albeit some very scary moments too :eek: ). But the Royal Oak was just plain scary, full stop. That place should be shut down! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bec I think you need to pay another visit to the Oak, I think you were too quick to judge last time :lol: It's gone all upmarket now, they have a man on the door now to keep the riff-raff out :lol: and all drinks are served in plastic cups (obviously too many people were getting glassed :eek: )

Next time you've got a spare Sunday we'll take you to the Victoria first and then the Oak, compared to the Victoria the Oak just seems like a quaint little east end drinking establishment :lol:

Beckiboo said:
Sar - I am NEVER going there again! I value my life too much :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly it was really civilised a couple of weeks ago, well until people started dancing on the bar, then proceeded to fall off and crash into the DJ and his decks :lol:

MidlifeRaver said:
Buckley said:
S Express said:
Buckley said:
gingerfreak said:

Can't believe didn't see ya there ML - you could come to The Fringe with us! (We were in Fire first ya see?)

This / these must have been the place we were trying to find on Saturday morning. I could remember someone in Heaven saying about somewhere in Vauxhall that was open Saturday morning, but none of the cab drivers we asked had a clue :(

We had to make do with sitting in Witherspoons at 10:00am :(

For future reference, what places are open Saturday / Sunday am in London?

WeLuvIbiza said:
For future reference, what places are open Saturday / Sunday am in London?

Saturday morning it's AM @ Fire, Sunday morning Beyond @ the Colosseum and Monday morning Orange @ Fire. All in Vaxhall. Or there's also Bleached @ Egg in Kings X on Sunday morning

Back