hed kandi - el devino

hed kandi

i dont see why hed kandi and ministry couldnt go to space. ministry have had nights there in the past. im not the biggest fan of ministry but some of their saturday night line ups are pretty amazing. ministry could do the inside, hed kandi could do the terrace and chill out bit.

hit the nail on the head

I could not agree more with you about Hed Kandi last sat night...we were at el divino on the previous thurs and it was as though they had turned the air con off for Hed Kandi...it was ridiculously and dangerously hot with no areas where you could cool down and still hear the music. When we raised the issue with the staff they obviously couldnt give a sh!t , and why would they when they are flogging small bottles of warm water for €9 a pop.
All in all the absolute low point of our whole Ibiza experience and we wished we had listened to those who warned us that Hed Kandi at El Divino was a crap night...good tunes but absolutely sh!t venue and management

El Divino is Hed Kandi all over. Putting the night in space would be ridiculous, space is too 'underground'. Not only do Ministry no longer have any sort of night to speak of that is any good, they're pretty much 100% known as sell outs by the people that frequent space.

Remember that HK is pretty exclusively the San An crowd. That being the people that havent been to Ibiza before. If you have you know that if you want REAL quality funky and deep house you go to MN2S or Def Mix.

El Divino is perfect for HK as its glitzy and thats what HK want. They couldnt work a club like space.

Agree completely. HedKandi and El Divino are perfect together. It was rammed when I was there in August so we were in the back area next to DJ where there was room. Emptied out around 5 or 6.

I thought that FMIF vs Subliminal was a lot more crowded to be honest.

I loved chilling on the terrace for periods - the view across the bay is brilliant. Overall it was one of the best nights for me this year, along with a Pacha residents party in June.

:rolleyes: well we all had the time of our lives ... drinking dom perignon rose @ 750 euros a pop and throwing shapes like a load of loons .... we had plenty of room and the service was excellent . 4k well spent in my book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdDySHsuLc tune of the night .......

anyone see Rob's chainsaw ??

I just really really hope you're joking...

If you're not, why were you paying £600 for champagne known by those in the know as possibly the worst that money can buy?

You're better off drinking Blue Nun mate.

Still, nice try

to be fair to hed kandi, near enough every club that i went to in ibiza was stupidly over-crowded - wls, ace of clubs, dc10, subliminal, etc. that's what pisses me off about the place now; too many people are being let in to the clubs and it's impossible to stand anywhere without constantly getting people barge past you because there is zero room anywhere.

"...
Club Scene
... Then on Saturday the rain seemed to bring even more people out as 'Hed Kandi' hosted their last party at the chic 'El Divino', well at least that´s what I believed.
Thursday was the official closing party for Hed Kandi ...
... but they have just announced an extra date which is Saturday 29th which is a day after El Divino's closing party, so anyone who couldn´t make it last week and even people who did have the chance to have one more night with the Hed Kandi crew.
Attilio
..."
(ibiza-sun)

I was in HK on the 8/9/07 too and I have to agree, it was stupidly over crowded for a club that is pretty small compared to biggies such as Space. I remember hearing some fab tunes and not being able to dance because I was DYING for the loo and was halfway through a stupidly long queue and didn't want to give up! I mean don't get me wrong, I love HK music, the glitz and the glamour etc but the overcrowding really did affect my experience to some extent. It was really way too hot as well. I don't think the dancers were feeling it much either cos a couple of them looked bored as f*** on the podiums! Because the typical HK crowd is the San An bunch, the overcrowding added to an unnerving atmosphere where people were quite moody, huffy and maybe even up for a fight?! Needless to say, I spent most of the night outside on the terrace and had a little dance with my pals near the door!

HK defo need to update their image a little if they want to justify their prices (not that they give a flying tosspot really) as it is in danger of going to pot with a load of chavs Booty Luvving it all the way down....It has been a gradual decline, I can definitely see the difference between a HK crowd in 2002 and now!

And yes, Axwells I Found U was pretty much the theme of Ibiza 2007 although I remember it mostly for Mr Sanchez's mix in Pacha on the Monday...it was f****** mint!!!!

I'm pretty gutted by all these bad reviews of HK, has anyone been yet this year, what did you think? I'm supposed to be going on 5th July and was looking forward to checking out El Divino as I've not been before but if it's going to be so busy you have to flight for your dancing spot I'm not going to be impressed. I wanted to try out El Divino and I love HK parties in England, I also don't want to be mixing with "West End piss heads" although I have to say to the person (Toms) that said "Remember that HK is pretty exclusively the San An crowd. That being the people that havent been to Ibiza before" that thats not the case, I love San An Bay and am no ibiza virgin. What would people recommend for the sat then, its our first night out of the hol so want it to be a good un'!

Just realised HK not opening at El Divino until this Sat so perhaps we can get some reviews on here next week!! Thanks.

I went last year and it was a joke, way to busy, couldnt move let alone dance. We left afetr an hour

I wouldn't go to Hed Kandi if you paid me, however MN2S on Mondays @ El Divino is a lot better quality funky house and garage and while there is a good crowd there it wasn't overcrowded (and this was the closing party 2007) that's the only nite in El Divino id bother going to.

Hed Kandi Opening Party 2008 June 14th

We were at the Hed Kandi opening party last Saturday Night and I have to say it was a great night. Firstly I have to admit I love El divino. To me it is a wonderful club and the setting on the harbour makes up for a lot of other shortcomings.
As for the night itself it was very busy but not as busy as the closing night last year. In fact it was a perfect sized crowd. Plenty of room to boogy and move around
Hed Kandi seem to be making a big effort this year and the music was awesome right to the end.
To answer your question Helen. El divino on a Saturday night has a reputation of attracting a young crowd and there are some young people there probably mostly staying in San Antonio. But they are not in the majority. There are young people in every club with the exception of Pacha and I feel it is the mix of ages that make Ibiza clubs what they are. While it is true that many of the people going there are more likely to be going to Judgement Sundays rather than Space the following day its not fair to say "it is full of nineteen year olds"
I am in my 30s and would not feel old there. Drinks are not any more expensive in El Divino than anywhere else.
If you like House Music you have to check it out

Denis

Thanks Denis, I think I'm just going to go and make my own mind up and not be put off by the bad reviews as I've learnt from reading on here that everyone likes different things and nights that I have found amazing in the past others have not, it's my first night out of my hol so I'll enjoy it whatever. I'm quite happy for it to be a mixed crowd of different ages, I'm only 26 so hardly old myself it's I just go to ibiza to get away from the "piss head" types who are celebrating their Alevel results in places like Magaluf and Faliraki. I love my house and with the trance and electro I'll be dancing to the rest of the hol it will be good to vary the nights, ;)

I am off to HK this Saturday so I will post a review when I'm back. Hopefully not as crowded this time but I'm sure I'll enjoy it whatever...it's Ibiza!!!!!

Haha absolutely! I am a scouser living in Brum, although i think there's many similarities in Brum/Scousers and their party spirits...:)

Roll on saturday!!!

I just really really hope you're joking...

If you're not, why were you paying £600 for champagne known by those in the know as possibly the worst that money can buy?

You're better off drinking Blue Nun mate.

Still, nice try

Are you talking about Don Perignon or Don Perignon Rose?
The rose is usually quite high rated, isn't it? And £600 is quite cheap for this compared to other places I have seen.

Don Pergnon used to have a reputation for being overpiced compared to for other bubbles in the Lux.Cham. segment but that was some years back when they increased the production too quickly.
I think it sounded like a great night :)

Back