hed kandi - el devino

robbiejc27

i went to last saturdays hed kandi night in ikbiza town. i have never been to el devino before so was looking forward to the glam experiance. however, my friends and myself had to leave after two hours due to the overcrowding. never have i been to a club that was so dangerously overcrowded. i am disgusted that hed kandi would let in that many people. also, the lack of toilets was a joke.

on a good note the music was very funky. at 45 euros plus drinks and taxis i would not recommend this night.

i have emailed hed kandi in complaint but have yet to hear from them. in future i will stick to space club and bora bora.

rob

i will agree with you on this one. i went to hed kandi back in july and it was far to overcrowded this was also my first time at el divino and dont think i would go back. the music was good but when there was no room to dance not really much fun. dont think it was worth the 45 euro's to get in.

yeah i was there on saturday 8th sept aswell...

absolutely rammed, too busy and verging on dangerous, but to be fair thats what i expected cos ive read about it all summer.

El Divino is too small for it, yes. But at the end of the day, thats the way it is.
Writing complaints letters is gonna get you nowhere mate, you're wasting your time.

Also, on the taxi subject, they were free if you got a receipt as El Divino refund taxi costs.
Talking about money is a non starter mate, its Ibiza, its expensive...

...Personally it was the worst night of the week for me, extremely tame and the music was dull as dishwater and if you have to keep recycling Finally by Kings of Tomorrow to get responses then its not good

The whole Hed Kandi brand is out of date, its going to go to the dogs unless they refresh it, at the moment they are putting out the same old ****, with the same old DJ's and the same old rubbish. Its got to move with the times and personally, I hope they do something about it.

I know matt collins posts on these forums, and i think he made a stellar decision getting out when he did. Flee the sinking ship and all that...

I was another one who was there on 8th Sept & agree with what has been said on here. I couldn't get moved in either the club or on the terrace, a certain member of staff on the terrace bar has the worst attitude I've ever come across & a number of us were complaining about her customer service skills if she had any!!

My brother went to the toilets & said that you couldnt get moved on the stairs for lasses queueing for the ladies. It was definitely my worst night having enjoyed Pure Pacha the night before. Hed Kandi is boring and is playing a music style which died about 4 year ago, they need to seriously look at theirselves because according to M8 Magazine this month they're launching beauty products etc!!!! What does this tell you?, sold out commercial rubbish not worth paying your cash out for.

I'm not going to HK next year as El Divino has better nights such as MN2S, Kissdafunk etc.

I think we must have gone on a lucky night, because when we went it was very busy, and the toilets were ridiculous... But it was nowhere near as bad as Cream was.

hed kandi

i agree that complaining about money in ibiza is a non starter. howevr, that doesnt mean that people shouldnt do so. ive been a regular in ibiza for a number of years now. i dont mind paying over the dds s when a have a good night.

what i noticed this week in ibiza is the bad attitude towards tourists in general. taxi drivers were downright abusive and the staff in clubs not interested.

next year i am seriously considering not going to ibiza and going to sonar which is getting realy good reviews.

i thought the music in hed kandi was pretty good for generic funky house. i feel that since ministry bought out hed kandi the qual;ity of the releases has gone to pot.

anyway thats enough of me ranting. apart from hed kandi the rest of the holiday was good.

hed kandi

why doesnt hed kandi and ministry of sound jointly promote a night at space club. im sure the two could fill all the different rooms with the variety of types of music they are linked to. after all ministry now own hed kandi.

El Divino is Hed Kandi all over. Putting the night in space would be ridiculous, space is too 'underground'. Not only do Ministry no longer have any sort of night to speak of that is any good, they're pretty much 100% known as sell outs by the people that frequent space.

Remember that HK is pretty exclusively the San An crowd. That being the people that havent been to Ibiza before. If you have you know that if you want REAL quality funky and deep house you go to MN2S or Def Mix.

El Divino is perfect for HK as its glitzy and thats what HK want. They couldnt work a club like space.

El Divino is Hed Kandi all over. Putting the night in space would be ridiculous, space is too 'underground'. Not only do Ministry no longer have any sort of night to speak of that is any good, they're pretty much 100% known as sell outs by the people that frequent space.

if your put your average saturday night (london) ministry line up in a club in ibiza, it'd be pretty busy i reckon.

To be fair, until around 2am this was probably the best dance I had over the entire holiday. The music was spot on imo, nothing ground breaking but much funkier and uplifting than what I was hearing at Pacha or Bora Bora. I certainly didnt hear anything cheesy or finally remakes.

The problem was the overcrowding which became a complete joke. Me and my girlfriend spent over 2 hours simply battling to keep hold of our dancing spot.. so much pushing and shoving and people were understandably getting annoyed with it all. You could Forget trying to get to the bar or go to the toilets after 2am.

If they could stop letting people in when it reaches capacity it would be a good party. Overall though i really cant recommend it. :(

Hed Kandi tries to be glitzy, but the crowd is nothing but annoying west end piss heads that are too mangled and try to talk to you while their face is moving all over the place.

not fun

Just got back from Ibiza this morning.

Got to agree with you on this one, went Hed Kandi on Sat night and it was over crowded beyond belief. This was my last night out and one I wanted to remember and instead it was spent mainly outside cos you couldn't move inside the club. Therefore you couldn't hear the music and it was a let down. :cry:

Hed Kandi needs to move elsewhere if it continues to pull this many people.

Just got back from Ibiza this morning.

Got to agree with you on this one, went Hed Kandi on Sat night and it was over crowded beyond belief. This was my last night out and one I wanted to remember and instead it was spent mainly outside cos you couldn't move inside the club. Therefore you couldn't hear the music and it was a let down. :cry:

Hed Kandi needs to move elsewhere if it continues to pull this many people.

I ditto that. It wasn't until about 5am that it started to quiet down and that was only marginal. Still had a good night though. A real party atmosphere.

Back