Have switched to San An this year...

In San An right now. The holiday village is fantastic if you have kids. All Inclusive. Just switch off catch some rays. Nice little beach area too.

Only slight downside. The cab fare to and from Pacha last night. Stayed at Bossa first few years. But have started to spread wings a bit and seeing a lot more of the island. Still the most beautiful place on earth regardless of location. Closely followed by Portland in Dorset UK. Grade A wreck diving and fantastic scenery..... Check it out if you haven't been.....
Got to agree with your sentiments about Portland mate, lived in the area all my life.

Got to agree with your sentiments about Portland mate, lived in the area all my life.

Beautiful place. Dorset in general. Lulworth Cove and Swanage.

The Boat that Rocks gets a visit everytime and The Cove pub on Chesil beach. Not to mention Scimitar diving and Skin Deep. With the hundreds of wrecks on offer to dive. In fact I'd say it's close between Portland and Ibiza.......

I've always preferred San Antonio over PdB. With San An there's no pretension, it is what it is and it is what you make of it. It seems to have many more quality places to eat and every visit I find somewhere new with which to excite my tastebuds, staff in the bars and clubs seem much friendlier and there's much less tension about the place. If you want to spend all your time eating English breakfasts and getting drunk in the West End then so be it but you're missing out on such a lot more. Try Kumharas in the bay instead of The Strip for a much more relaxed (and less expensive) vibe during sunset. Go out on boat trips or go scuba diving, try the cafe by the church, check out the restaurant thread for some incredible places to eat. If you can find a night with music you like check out Es Paradis which is gorgeous inside. There's no illusions about San Antonio, unlike Playa den Bossa which pretends to be a cool or rich person's paradise when really it's more like the manky sweat patch under a rich man's Rolex.

Enjoyed reading this post, Give op a job on spotlight.
Years ago I also told everyone to stay in pdb. Now I'm the opposite.
Really enjoyed the last few times from San Antonio side.
Even if space was still there and if bora bora was like back in the day I'd still possibly stay San an .

I really find the 3am strip closing so odd. Not that I spend much time there, but having had a nice meal out in Ibiza town, decided to hit the strip for a few and meet some people. Can’t remember where I was, but come about 02:55 the management started to get very “twitchy” and made it very clear the closing will be at 3 and not a second later. I understand the police come down with their batons if they are not closed bang on 3...

Still, I headed down to Itaca and had a bangin’ Rest of the night till 5. Always a good vibe in there! :) Oh and that was after doing the Slingshot. Scared the s**t outa me 4 years ago and it sure did again!

Dan

Last edited:
I really find the 3am strip closing so odd. Not that I spend much time there, but having had a nice meal out in Ibiza town, decided to hit the strip for a few and meet some people. Can’t remember where I was, but come about 02:55 the management started to get very “twitchy” and made it very clear the closing will be at 3 and not a second later. I understand the police come down with their batons if they are not closed bang on 3...

Still, I headed down to Itaca and had a bangin’ Rest of the night till 5. Always a good vibe in there! :) Oh and that was after doing the Slingshot. Scared the s**t outa me 4 years ago and it sure did again!

Dan

Interesting that the 3am ban is being vigorously enforced. Normally these intitiatives start to get ignored as we get closer to Summer but I suppose its still early June!

Was the Itica-Linekers strip busy at 3am-5am?

Interesting that the 3am ban is being vigorously enforced. Normally these intitiatives start to get ignored as we get closer to Summer but I suppose its still early June!

Was the Itica-Linekers strip busy at 3am-5am?

Yes, was rammed! Took us about 40 mins just to get a drink inside Itica!

Dan

Back