Has this place got more lively recently?

Oh and the whole board turned into a clique against poor Louise Sweeney, just because she was Saskia from Big Brother's relative.

Lol i remeber that, she wasnt real though was she ? Wasnt that a famous psuedo name of another poster Buckers ???????

Lol i remeber that, she wasnt real though was she ? Wasnt that a famous psuedo name of another poster Buckers ???????

Nah, I, of all people, was accused of being her at one point, but her posts now and again over the ensuing years have pretty much proved otherwise.

I'm still speak to her over mail, but she's too scarred by the whole experience to post here regularly.

I'm in. 8) Spotlight's been good to me and long may it do the same for others

Agree - over the past 9 years spent on this site I have met some awesome people and become t'internet friends with people I have never had the pleasure to yet meet (....so far!) but hope to at some point)....
Received invaluable advice and tips about Ibiza Clubbing
Got friends on the Island itself now
Found the most amazing places off the beaten track I would never have bothered looking for if it hadnt been for guru's on this site/the Island
Great restaurant and bar tips

Long may Spotlight reign! 8)

Nah, I, of all people, was accused of being her at one point, but her posts now and again over the ensuing years have pretty much proved otherwise.

I'm still speak to her over mail, but she's too scarred by the whole experience to post here regularly.

Maybe she should start a support group with Hannah :lol::lol::lol:

when is the 10th birthday of the forum and are any celebrations planned?

that's a good question. i guess some time in 2002, but don't know for sure. so it's going to be next year!

may I also add that, since i joined here in 2004, i also met a lot of people from this forum in real life and many members are real friends by now. i also frequent other forums, but none compares to our lovely spotlight forums! :D

that's a good question. i guess some time in 2002, but don't know for sure. so it's going to be next year!

may I also add that, since i joined here in 2004, i also met a lot of people from this forum in real life and many members are real friends by now. i also frequent other forums, but none compares to our lovely spotlight forums! :D

I remember is 04 someone blasted my German. The people I met have been great and as Buckley says spotlight is your friend

Mum:

Sent her a text to say I'd booked Mon & Fri off work.

Text: "hi mum, booked m & f off."

Call in response: "How dare you tell me to f*** off!" *slams phone*

Dad:

(Early 90s) Lived in Tipperary, Ire. I pulled out a bank card & said it's English, but how about I try it on an Irish atm. I suggested if it worked we could be millionaires. He saw cash coming out & got all excited.

"Jesus Christ... Let's do every bank in da fockin' square!"

(He was a bit of a wrongen.)

Very funny

There was a members only forum with it's own Mod (?) to let you join, so that was a clique of sorts. The there was 'da family' which was Babs' gang, Babs and I had a bit of run-in that kind of exploded into The Spotlight Wars during the 'Last Days Of Members'.

There was also 'Sheffield-gate', where a chap called Drew fell out with Babs' gang after they derided the steel city.

Then there was some very old school members who'd pop now again to say that all the good people were gone and the board wasn't as good as it used to be.

Oh and the whole board turned into a clique against poor Louise Sweeney, just because she was Saskia from Big Brother's relative.

I love the way they are in inverted commas, like historical events or summat. Haha

Btw - 10 years next year, lets do it, lets go on a boat and take over the sunset terrace on Sunday early doors. We'll sort out some group discount or whatever.

Back