has any 1 ever seen a shark in ibiza??

I was spearfishing a few days ago and got quite a large Red Snapper. Then a quite large shark appeared, it was about 6ft, swam past me and then started doing a big circle and followed me all the way back to the boat. A 15 minute swim.
Turns out it was only a nurse shark...but...

We cauht a hammerhead a couple of years ago on my sons little toy rod whilst he was fishing for tiddlers. Scared the life out of him but then got off by breaking the line.

Not in Ibiza, by the way...Belize.

im have seed a blue whale on ibiza before!! she was on kfc!!she had the family meal 4 her self instead be on the club she prefered the chicken 2 the drink i got her a twister meal and took 1 for the team!! aug 22 08

im have seed a blue whale on ibiza before!! she was on kfc!!she had the family meal 4 her self instead be on the club she prefered the chicken 2 the drink i got her a twister meal and took 1 for the team!! aug 22 08

err .... come again?

sharks in the med???? what the faaaark??:eek:

if there are sharks in the med, they aint man eater ones!
i LOVE sharks!!! :twisted:

You get sharks everywhere. Even off the coast of the UK, although they are suitably retarded and useless like the rest of our animals. Saying that I'd rather ours than yours; you lot have to watch any ****er that moves. :eek:

There is definatley not great whites in the Med, they prefer colder waters...
You do get many sharks in the Med, none of which would be Man Eaters as such..(EG. Tigers, Great Whites, Bulls etc)...
Most of which would only come towards shore when dying...

... definatley not great whites in the Med ...
you do get many sharks in the Med, none of which would be Man Eaters ...
not true - here is the proof:

1zco8ba.jpg

There is definatley not great whites in the Med, they prefer colder waters...
You do get many sharks in the Med, none of which would be Man Eaters as such..(EG. Tigers, Great Whites, Bulls etc)...

actually, thats what i thought.... (& ive had an obsession with great white sharks since i was 10 so i thought i knew most of the facts!!) BUT i was wrong...... there ARE great whites in the med..... !! i looked it up.....:eek:

*cue jaws soundtrack here* :twisted:

The existence of approximately 46 different species of sharks in the Mediterranean
- 16 of them measuring three or more meters in length,
- 15 being potentially dangerous species
- makes the occasional encounter between humans and these animals (0.42% annually) in the most frequented and most travelled sea unavoidable.

Although the Mediterranean barely makes up 0.7% of the world's total water surface, the amount of people seeking rest and relaxation there, in addition to those seeking to make a living, is enormous and in no way compares to its relative geographical surface area.

actually, thats what i thought.... (& ive had an obsession with great white sharks since i was 10 so i thought i knew most of the facts!!) BUT i was wrong...... there ARE great whites in the med..... !! i looked it up.....:eek:

*cue jaws soundtrack here* :twisted:

poor shark if it ever got into an argument with you

fact: i had a dream i was chilling on a submarines deck moored in india with you two last night, amongst others, before going on to try and take out some terrorists with a ball bearing gun, and a strange mystical man whose hands and feet moved in a psychadelic fashion blessed me

damn intense sleep paralysis dreams man. heavy weekend.

"...
Sharks Spotted

Basking sharks were spotted close to es Freus by a number of sailors last week.

The protected species are no direct threat to humans and only eat plankton,
although experts have warned people not to try and approach the animals,
who, due to their sheer size, can prove dangerous to swimmers.

At least three separate pods have been discovered,
and they are not uncommon to the island.

The basking shark, Cetorhinus maximus, is the second largest living fish,
after the whale shark. It is a cosmopolitan species, which is found
in all the world's temperate oceans.
It is a slow moving and generally harmless filter feeder.
However, like other large sharks, basking sharks could, some day, be at risk
of extinction due to a combination of low resilience and overfishing
if good conservation practices are not followed.

317dy6d.jpg

This shark is called the basking shark because it is most often observed
when feeding at the surface and appears to be basking.
The largest specimen accurately measured was trapped in a herring net
in the Bay of Fundy, Canada in 1851. Its total length was 12.27 metres (40.3 ft),
and it weighed an estimated 19 tons, although basking sharks over 8 metres
are now extremely rare due to over-fishing.
They have few predators, but orcas and tiger sharks are known to feed on them.
..."
(ibiza-sun)

I haven't seen any myself, but was surprised to come across this sign in Playa D'en Bossa, with none other than Hammerheads and Tiger Sharks listed!!!! It included a map of Ibiza and Formentera above it...

sharks.jpg

fact: i had a dream i was chilling on a submarines deck moored in india with you two last night, amongst others, before going on to try and take out some terrorists with a ball bearing gun, and a strange mystical man whose hands and feet moved in a psychadelic fashion blessed me

damn intense sleep paralysis dreams man. heavy weekend.

far out, man

Back