Haggis

Mmm.... that sounds good. I cooked a half-kilo haggis the other night but I've got leftovers and I've been debating what to do with them.

I was thinking of making haggis pizza tonight :lol:

So I cooked another 1/2 kilo haggis last night. After boiling in the plastic for 4 hours (was frozen, of course), I fried up some with onion and whiskey. Delicious. Sides of mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, and a red wine & whiskey gravy. Mmmm.

The main problem, once again, is what to do with the leftovers!? The missus won't eat the stuff so I've got about a pound of it left.

Tonight I've decided to go for a spaghetti bolognese with haggis. Should be interesting... fingers crossed!

I love the stuff! We used to have it a lot when we were kids but not had it for ages, then the other week when I went to my parents for tea the sprung it on me, haggis, tatties and neaps, beautiful. The mrs wasn't as complimentary but you can't please eveyone :)

Tonight I've decided to go for a spaghetti bolognese with haggis. Should be interesting... fingers crossed!
This turned out Amazing! :)

Haggis soup sounds intriguing. What's in it? I've got a couple hundred grams left...

Vaguely related... I bought some lush looking black puddings and fruit puddings at lunchtime. Anyone had red pudding before? I think it's rare but would love to try it.

Back