Haggis

Just been out for a birthday lunch with a mate, had the cottage pie, which was excellent, then noticed (too late) they had Haggis with Neeps and Tatties on the menu. Wished I'd had the Haggis now. :( Ah well, maybe another day, know where to go now.

Rubbish! I know of plenty that do the tourist delicacy! (note, you will struggle to find many Scots who have actually tried this).

friedmars.jpg

They dinnae dae it where ah cum fae though.......

black pudding is just like eating someone elses scabs (eating your own is ok obviously :lol: )

I can't eat haggis, think it's horrible.

There was a chippie in my town that would deep fry anything you want. Twix, Mars Bar, Snickers etc. I've never tried it though.

Yes a mullet is necessary :lol:, im hoping it will be grown out by then, it was a bit of a last minute decision while i was at the hairdressers :eek:, i should have proper 'wifey' hair by then.

Anyway why do you all want to come to my wedding? i've got Harrison still badgering me for an invite too :lol:;)

If you dance with my Nan i'll let you come :lol:

Does anyone know where I can buy Square sausage in London?

I bought some haggis at lunch time :) I am going to make it on Friday!

I get mine from Iceland or Somerfields. Don't know if they sell it in London branches though!

I love it, but i am officially scottish (minus the accent). I do a gorgeous haggis with red wine reduction and red pepper and bacon (for burns night) and i'm quite partial to a deep fried haggis supper with salt and sauce (for a friday night)
I'm going to need recipes for these dishes!

The local St Andrew's Society had their Robert Burns Night this past weekend. I didn't attend this time around, but I got in touch with the local Brit-owned sausage company that made a special batch of haggis for the event. Got myself 3 kilos of the stuff :D :lol:

They delivered it frozen so it's hard to tell, but I'm not sure if it's got the sheep stomach wrapping... how do you cook it if it's lacking the wrap??

I'm going to need recipes for these dishes!

The local St Andrew's Society had their Robert Burns Night this past weekend. I didn't attend this time around, but I got in touch with the local Brit-owned sausage company that made a special batch of haggis for the event. Got myself 3 kilos of the stuff :D :lol:

They delivered it frozen so it's hard to tell, but I'm not sure if it's got the sheep stomach wrapping... how do you cook it if it's lacking the wrap??

Why not order a few stomachs?

You do mate, you can put it in the oven too.

Hmmm I would be careful in doing this unless the instructions specifically say you can.

I would advise removing the wrapping, chop up and heat it through in a pan - nothing added, hmm except for the whisky, cream, wholegrain mustard sauce that you make in another pan yum yum yum:lol:

Back