Guy Gerber's Rumors at Destino 2016

Don't know why. Destino just announced that it will take place there next sunday too. ->Facebook
I think they get trouble with the police like always because of the neighborhood calling the police . It' s understandable , they are tired listening to music all summer ! Same for Cova Santa , i,m sure they Will get in trouble pretty soon ! Those venue are close to local ibicencos house . Ushuaia , bora bora ... Don't have the same problem as they are located in tourist place .

I can tell you that Ushuaïa can also be heard from local zones when soundsystem is at peak level :)

Yes you right, we can hear the sound in place like st jordi but it' s not as loud as the area around Destino, Cova Santa is even worse , my friend love with is familly not too far, you can clairly listen to the sound when u are inside the finca with the door close, they get mad. Outdoor party will always cause trouble i think when they are done on a daily or weekly basic ! I love to party but i can understand the locals people ,4 months of loud music you get mad, on sunday when you are with your Kids, familly... Having dinner together u don't want to listen to bass till midnight ! That' s not livable !

Last sunday Gerber had to play inside at Tox. No open air party. They transmitted the music outside until maybe 9 PM.

:eek: what a shame. not for good money would I go into this dark fridge on a balmy ibiza evening and the transmission (at low volume I guess) is not a party :(

Either situation would be good. TOX is quality

I can see what you mean but the best thing about Rumors was it was outdoors. It definitely takes away from the draw if its moved indoors for the rest of the season, I'd probably give it a pass if thats the case.

Last edited:
I can see what you mean but the best thing about Rumors was it was outdoors. It definitely takes away from the draw if its move indoors for the rest of the season, I'd probably give it a pass if thats the case.
Yup. I was very disappointed. It was free entrance , so it was ok... But absolutely not comparable to the beachouse vibe

I can tell you that Ushuaïa can also be heard from local zones when soundsystem is at peak level :)

There have been times I've heard the Ushuaia system all the way from Los Molinos - on top of the hill next to D'Alt Vila, above Ibiza town. Can't blame the folks who actually live in Figueretas or Bossa and hear it all the time.

difference is...

1. cap martinet (where destino is located) belongs to santa eularia - different rules for different places.
2. some of the most influential people on this island live on the hills right behind destino

I'm not sure if it was a sound issue this time though. it's been windy the first few weeks and people were really cold so it honestly might just be that, who knows.

Was sound an issue at beach house? Really wish they could have figured that place out. I'm still salty over that.

And on possibly related note, Luciano speaks on FB....

"In a Galaxy Called Ibiza not so many years ago when unity was still a word , when magic could happen without being shut ,,.....when things didn't really matter , well we were having fun at our closing party Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel (Official) when it was only about music sand and fun ..... with a guy called Marco Carola and Richie Hawtin"

Last edited:
The outdoor partying thing was the draw, I wonder what the issue is. I thought they would have sorted this nonsense out before advertising these jams arrgg

What I don't get is that Destino doesn't really do that many events anyways weekly. I guess the silver lining is that the parties are still free with with Guy Gerber and major DJs. I'm seriously gonna arrive at like 5 PM for that Sasha July 24th date tho!

Last edited:
What I don't get is that Destino doesn't really do that many events anyways weekly.

they can't.
the santa eularia town council gave them permission to do 10 big events this year. opening, closing, 4x luciano, 4x solomun = 10.

because of that it was always clear rumors would have to be a downscaled affair, not on the big stage, music volume never as high as for those above mentioned events.

whether it was the windy and therefore cool weather that made them move the party inside or whether there were complaints from neighbours because it maybe wasn't as 'silent' as it should have been I really don't know. but fact is, pacha management always knew they can't do more big events than the ones they have a licence for and that for the smaller ones they really have to be careful with them.

Can't they just lower the volume then?? Or was it already low.

Well if and and when you find out please let us know. Sucks that this party is in jeopardy again this year...but at the very least it's still continuing inside.

Edit: maybe they can compromise by having it outside until 9 PM and then just move it in after? I guess we'll find out

Last edited:
Can't they just lower the volume then?? Or was it already low.

Well if and and when you find out please let us know. Sucks that this party is in jeopardy again this year...but at the very least it's still continuing inside.

Edit: maybe they can compromise by having it outside until 9 PM and then just move it in after? I guess we'll find out

Noise is not the only issue, at Stivi says, if some of the island faces live close by then they don't want loads of mangled punters staggering about outside their properties. Their house so their rules which is fair enough.

Don't worry, plenty of other parties during the day to keep you entertained!

Noise is not the only issue, at Stivi says, if some of the island faces live close by then they don't want loads of mangled punters staggering about outside their properties. Their house so their rules which is fair enough.

Don't worry, plenty of other parties during the day to keep you entertained!

I think noise is the main issue becuase if it was the party in general then they wouldn't even have it inside Tox, unless they think by moving it there it means less ppl interested and hence less sketch bags around LOL.

Bottom line is that keeps on continuing on some form!

For what it's worth I commented on the official Rumors instagram asking if the parties are now inside and it was promptly deleted. I take that to either mean yes, or it's something they're actively working on trying to resolve.

I'll know in plenty of time for my trip end of Aug but would be a bummer if they have to move this inside.

Back