Guilty Pleasures?

New Radicals

I think their singer Greg Alexander also wrote 'Life is a Rollercoaster' by Ronan Keating and 'The Game of Love' by Santana/Michelle Branch and probably loads of others in that vein. The production is almost identical on all of them.

The sort of earworm that stays locked in your head for years (decades). You would hear it everywhere without realising where you'd heard it.

I prefer that kind of pop to the crud pumped out by the max martin factory though

THE 20 WORST SINGLES I EVER PURCHASED

[In no particular order]

1. TECHNOTRONIC FEATURING MC ERIC - THIS BEAT IS TECHNOTRONIC ("There's the dancefloor! Get on it!!)
  2. DODGY - GOOD ENOUGH (but it wasn't really)
  3. MIDNIGHT OIL - BEDS ARE BURNING (O'Neill's anthem alert on Wardour Street)
  4. SIN WITH SEBASTIAN - SHUT UP AND SLEEP WITH ME (don't ask)
  5. PAUL MCCARTNEY - SPIES LIKE US (from the majestic Frog Chorus to THIS..)
  6. MONTELL JORDAN - THIS IS HOW WE DO IT
  7. BABYBIRD - YOU'RE GORGEOUS (and didn't she know it)
  8. CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
  9. DOOBIE BROTHERS - LONG TRAIN RUNNING '93 (sure is pure remix)
  10. D:REAM - TAKE ME AWAY (the one nobody remembers)
  11. REEL 2 REAL featuring the Mad Stuntman - I like to move it (Morillo remains in total denial about this chapter of his life)
  12. DONNA LEWIS - I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU FOREVER
  13. MAXX - GETAWAY
  14. KENNY THOMAS - TRIPPING ON YOUR LOVE (cassingle by mistake - the hustlers convention mix I wanted was on the CD)
  15. SPANDAU BALLET - FIGHT FOR OURSELVES (amongst themselves more like it..)
  16. PIZZICATO FIVE - HAPPY SAD ("The next big thing from Japan")
  17. INI KAMOZE - HERE COMES THE HOTSTEPPER
  18. BABY D - I NEED YOUR LOVIN' (the korgis did it much better)
  19. MADONNA - BEDTIME STORIES (neither Junior Vasquez nor Sasha could polish this turd)
  20. DOOP - DOOP (as championed by Tong, Tall Paul, Jules and everyone else who should have known better)

There was Maxwell for us @diver ..
Another one for Pop songs with great remixes you might have missed thread... Can someone do it..

Back