guardia warning

grego

so you'll have all been use to seeing the guardia civil outside space, stopping cars as they exit the slip road from amnesia, etc, etc

well you can add to this stopping cars on their way from ibiza towards privi and amnesia.

last week they were parked at the roundabout at the entrance to privilege and last night they were parked after the roundabout coming out of ibiza town (just before hipercentro).

so don't drink and drive kids and make sure you have all your papers with you. you need to be able to show licences, insurance, ownership, etc, etc on the spot.

also, i'm pretty sure that one drink gets you close to the limit now.

stay safe!:D

I've seen them doing this before!

Good luck to them! Anyone who gets in a car drunk deserves a ruined holiday and a fine.

Arresting people carrying illegal substances for personal useage however is highly questionable - but that's another conversation I guess.

Is that really new? Seems like they've done that early in the season for a while now. I rolled through two roadblocks in June '07 (fortunately, they were only stopping cars with multiple travelers). Both were on the road between San Rafael and Ibiza.

Is that really new? Seems like they've done that early in the season for a while now. I rolled through two roadblocks in June '07 (fortunately, they were only stopping cars with multiple travelers). Both were on the road between San Rafael and Ibiza.

last year on the way back from salinas they had a road block, around 5pm, dogs , the works. anyway they pulled over this lad in a bmw and let us through as we were in a banger! did not seem to be breathalising but searching

About 3 years ago a friend of mine was stopped by two young local Ibiza police whilst driving.
They searched her and found a small wrap of cocaine.
So in front of her they emptied it out onto the bonnet of her car, chopped two lines up, did one each and told her to fcuk off.

that sucks they have dogs.

anyway should one carry his passport everywhere he goes if he is not driving? I find it a pain in the ass to carry that thing along.

that sucks they have dogs.

anyway should one carry his passport everywhere he goes if he is not driving? I find it a pain in the ass to carry that thing along.

If you are from EU-country (Schengen, or whatever), NO. A drivers licence will do just fine. If you are outside EU, it's propably the safest bet.

About 3 years ago a friend of mine was stopped by two young local Ibiza police whilst driving.
They searched her and found a small wrap of cocaine.
So in front of her they emptied it out onto the bonnet of her car, chopped two lines up, did one each and told her to fcuk off.

BRILLIANT :lol: 8)

how pathetic, you are on holiday bringing money into their economy. if they bust you for anything, **** them, there are sooooo many other places you can now go on vacation and have a better time without this sort of **** happening.

Let's put the record straight; Grego is asking everybody to be cautious:

DON'T DRINK DRIVE.

If that is restrictive; try to do the same in your home country.

I think it's disrespectful to the place/people you are visiting.

Let's put the record straight; Grego is asking everybody to be cautious:

DON'T DRINK DRIVE.
It's more than that, though.

It also means that those who carry illegal substances should be careful.
These car stops are not just to check drivers for alcohol. They often involve some sort of search.

It's more than that, though.

It also means that those who carry illegal substances should be careful.
These car stops are not just to check drivers for alcohol. They often involve some sort of search.

Tell me; I was searched twice in 10 years; Space and DC10 parking lots.

If you carry illegal substances in Ibiza, you know the rules if stopped by gc.

Should it be different because you're on holidays?

I don't mean you personally:lol:

how pathetic, you are on holiday bringing money into their economy. if they bust you for anything, **** them, there are sooooo many other places you can now go on vacation and have a better time without this sort of **** happening.

Hey man you're killing my Pre-Ibiza buzz right now with all your posts about how Ibiza sucks.

Back