guardia warning

how pathetic, you are on holiday bringing money into their economy. if they bust you for anything, **** them, there are sooooo many other places you can now go on vacation and have a better time without this sort of **** happening.

Do you understand the word ILLEGAL?
Shall we have different laws for locals and for tourists? :rolleyes:

Should it be different because you're on holidays?

That's exactly the point ;)

Do you understand the word ILLEGAL?
Shall we have different laws for locals and for tourists? :rolleyes:

That's exactly the point ;)

If ibiza were like any other city, people wouln't be coming out. its the idea of lots of gret club music and a free atmosphere that attracts me to the island.

People on this forum maybe.

To suggest that Ibiza's entire tourist industry depends on clubs is slightly ridiculous.

There's lots to see away from San Rafel, San Antonio and Playa D'en Bossa!

People on this forum maybe.

To suggest that Ibiza's entire tourist industry depends on clubs is slightly ridiculous.

There's lots to see away from San Rafel, San Antonio and Playa D'en Bossa!

I'm sure, but a huge % of tourists come for the fact that it has the best EDM clubs in the world and its free atmosphere. its like an escape for so many people. I'm sure the island is beautiful, but that is not the primary attraction of the 18-30 crowd.

I'm sure, but a huge % of tourists come for the fact that it has the best EDM clubs in the world and its free atmosphere. its like an escape for so many people. I'm sure the island is beautiful, but that is not the primary attraction of the 18-30 crowd.

i am 31:eek:

I'm sure, but a huge % of tourists come for the fact that it has the best EDM clubs in the world and its free atmosphere. .

less than 20! demographically, the 18-30 group in ibiza is the same % as mallorca and just a little bit more than menorca.

I think it is wrong to classify the group as being 18 to 30.
I would say the average would be older.
I would say a very substantial percentage of the visitors to Ibiza come because of the club scene.
Some people never even go to a club but still come for the scene that the presence of the clubs create.
In recent years the police have held training courses for the whole of Spain early in the season in Ibiza.
This is what we see when they are out in force in May and June.
I agree Ibiza should adhere to the law as much as any other part of the country.
However this high profile visual intimidation with machine guns being waved around is very OTT especially for an Island that relies totally on tourist revenue.
A subsidised taxi service would be a good idea.

a friend of mine been to ibiza in 2006 - once on his way to space he has been searched by GC and they've found 2 pills on him - they ve asked him for a details like name surname bla-bla and he ve just given them the false ones hahah and just moved on to the party... :)

that's what was the situation back in the era of non stop after parties...

i suppose today it's more intense and even kinda "edgy" in the way of GC treats ibiza-comers especially after the new laws has come in the 2007 season...

and as sad as it sounds but the situation around the world is not different at all - yesterday i actually spoke to a friend of mine whom been to berlin every single month fro the past year so he said that even there - in the one of the most hardcore-clubbing cities in the world - the atmosphere is not so hedonistic and 100% free like it used to be in the "good old days" (oh i hate that expression hehe)...

i ve done the closings last year and i was searched twice only on the dc10 parking lot - once they stopped our car when we've just come there and after we parked the car and drank (quickly as hell) some absent one of the GCs asked me to come for a search once more time even when i said to him that ive been already searched later...

i'm glad that ibiza is TOO MUCH FUN and eventually this fact makes u forget completely all that searching and stuff - of coz if u r lucky to not been caught hehe - by the way, on that day in dc10 i ve actually had "something" on me and i was lucky they didn't searched in my socks so be carefull and try to be clever and more responsible in the era of worldwide anti-clubbers policy that i was talking here about... :)

in the end i think that all that police vs clubbers stuff will always be but its a very small part of the ibiza routine so even if they need to do their job and search or even bust some people to make a statistics we also need to do our job and we will continue to do it well hehe (our job = clubbing, being wasted, having fun, meeting new ppl, listen to the music and so on) :)

Just got back from a week in ibiza, once again had a great time, On one hand the GC presences seemed more lax....no searching in space car parking at we love opening night (even the bouncers seemed a bit more relaxed) no road blocks arriving or leaving the clubs and all in all met some friendly polica locals when asking for directions to salinas. Only point i did see which was new to me....there was a group of GC searching your average punters when leaving amnesia on friday morning, turning out pockets etc...so be careful when leaving!! Whats happened to all the african guys also...they seemed very few and far between as did some certain other things....:)

Guardia

Spent June and part of July in Ibiza. No problems with the guuardia. No one searched me going into any clubs. Don't let the stories her scare you.

Spent June and part of July in Ibiza. No problems with the guuardia. No one searched me going into any clubs. Don't let the stories her scare you.

It does still happen though!

I've been searched by police & door staff before in Ibiza.

You can't get careless and walk about thinking you are never going to get stopped!

Police presence on the island this year...

So I just came back on Tuesday (August 4th) -- my 3rd year in a row going to Ibiza. I had a awesome time but I must say there was waaaaay more police presence than in my past two years going to the island.

Anyone know why in particular?? Or is the government just starting to step their game up??

The first time I came here was in 1990. Cars including taxis were pulled over on the way in to clubs like Ku and Amnesia. It's not new and it doesn't mean the end of the clubbing experience.
The first post in the thread is just a reminder that even though you are on holiday that you still need to try to be sensible. especially as you could be putting other people's lives at risk when driving while intoxicated.

So I just came back on Tuesday (August 4th) -- my 3rd year in a row going to Ibiza. I had a awesome time but I must say there was waaaaay more police presence than in my past two years going to the island.

Anyone know why in particular?? Or is the government just starting to step their game up??
There was a bombing in Majorca, recently, I'd imagine security was stepped accros the Island holiday spots

Back