good paella

A lot of paellas on the island are pre-cooked at a factory and delivered frozen to the restaurant where they are heated up in the oven. You can generally tell the ones that do pre-cooked paellas as they have a board outside showing photographs of the finished product.

The best paella that I have had is on Cala Carbo at the second restaurant that you get to from the car park. They do a "Blind Man's" Paella, where they remove all the shells from the seafood before they cook it.

not just Ibiza!

everyone s/be doing this, EVERYWHERE they go, and no just beaches...

often see people (those pesky kids!) chucking wrappers on the floor, only feet away from a litterbin.

one guy i saw throwing stuff out of his car window (parked at traffic lights) got a shock when i picked it up, and thrw it back in!

I still say best paella on the island and the best paella I've ever tasted is from Coastline Cafe. Only tried the Seafood paella, but why veer from the very best??

Cheers,
Terry

Ibiza-girlie said:
drunk at work? whoa where do you live???

Hehe, sorry didn't see this til now because obviously I was drunk.

I live in Edmonton, Canada. It's not like it is acceptable to be drunk at work here, but I just was :D

silvia said:
j_love,

Paella is a traditional dish from Valencia, (actually it's called paella valenciana) but you can find it all over the country.
It's a rice dish with seafood and/or meat.
IMO it's one of the best spanish things in the world, it should be eaten near the sea with a fresh salad as starter and a big slice of melon as dessert. :D :D

And it's one of my speciallities too ;)

paella.jpg

Silvia, the best paella I had was from a tiny restaurant (sorry, forget the name) in Valencia in 2001 when I was backpacking. I guess that's why they say it originated from there :rolleyes:

There's actually a nice restaurant here in town (yes, in Canada) that does a really good paella. All this paella talk, I think I might have to go and rekindle the tastebuds :D

Mike9 said:
Silvia, the best paella I had was from a tiny restaurant (sorry, forget the name) in Valencia in 2001 when I was backpacking. I guess that's why they say it originated from there :rolleyes:

There's actually a nice restaurant here in town (yes, in Canada) that does a really good paella. All this paella talk, I think I might have to go and rekindle the tastebuds :D

Hey, who's this? Another from Edmonton?? And what restaurant are you talking about? I'm part-owner of Sapphire and we do a great paella too

CanadaKid said:
Mike9 said:

Hey, who's this? Another from Edmonton?? And what restaurant are you talking about? I'm part-owner of Sapphire and we do a great paella too

It's Mike, Fedya's buddy. I was referring to "La Tapa" downtown. Haven't had the paella at Sapphire. I'll have to try it.

Hey Mike, it's Terry. You going back this year? I'm waiting till next for more anticipation, like that's possible hehe. Yah, La Tapa does have some awesome food there! Not many others do a good paella though, sadly.

Hey Terry,
Don't think I'm going to make it this year. I'm going to buy a place. But you never know come Sept/Oct when $s drop :D

You going on Thur?

Mike9 said:
Hey Terry,
Don't think I'm going to make it this year. I'm going to buy a place. But you never know come Sept/Oct when $s drop :D

You going on Thur?

Yup, you better believe it. Where else can we get house even close to that on the island? You and Feds coming?

@stivi

What is the name of that small family run beachside restaurant a few doors down (towards Garbi side) from Bora Bora / Jet that you once recommended? It looks a bit out of place but there are lots of "locals" in there? I had a great Paella in there 2015

Bali Beach, famous for its calderetas de bogavante... not there anymore, it's now a damn beach club!

Back