good paella

Does anyone else think the paella in restaurants is a little expensive? After all the ingredients are fairly basic and more often than not the results are pretty average.

Itsme said:
Does anyone else think the paella in restaurants is a little expensive? After all the ingredients are fairly basic and more often than not the results are pretty average.

I've never had a nice paella in mainland spain or ibiza. Maybe I'm just unlucky but it's either been too salty or too bland.

The paella i've made myself pi$$es all over anything i've had in spain.

Bubble said:
Itsme said:

I've never had a nice paella in mainland spain or ibiza. Maybe I'm just unlucky but it's either been too salty or too bland.

It's very good of you to offer Alex, but I think the airfare will bump up the price to much for Itsme. I-G - Alex's it is then. What time should she come?

Well you not paying just the ingridients you paying seating in a table, being served by a waiter, paying the cook, and all the expenses of a business, of course everything in proportion, you even pay the place, and after you have the benefit for the owner. All this items are taken into consideration when you have to put prices to the thing you sell. It's a bussines after all. Other question is that things maybe are very expensive even thougth all this I have said, you have to take into consideration price/ quality. etc
:D :D

Buckley said:
It's very good of you to offer Alex, but I think the airfare will bump up the price to much for Itsme. I-G - Alex's it is then. What time should she come?

My door's always open for Paella :lol:

Actually I tell a lie I did have a good pealla a few years ago in Ibiza at s'a caldera

You must been unluky then. I much prefer paellas made at home but there is some restaurants that do them ok, it's impossible you had eaten a paella in all restaurants, jejeje ;)

mikkak said:

You must been unluky then. I much prefer paellas made at home but there is some restaurants that do them ok, it's impossible you had eaten a paella in all restaurants, jejeje ;)

I've tried quite a few so I'm not willing to have another average paella when there's so many other nice things to eat. :D

I've tried quite a few so I'm not willing to have another average paella when there's so many other nice things to eat.
Yesss, very nice thing to eat, I tell you a secret I am not a fan of paella, I am not very spanish in this, If I have to eat it I do but is not one of my favourites, but when I am in a Hollydays all my friend want to eat one so I have it, don't understan me wrong, I don't dislike it but I am not a mega fan like neally all my compatriotes or even my family.
Regards

Itsme said:

If you go to touristic restaurants in touristic ressorts everything is expensive.
Anyway, seafood if fresh and good it's not cheap and cooking a paella it's not difficult altho not everybody is capable to do a proper one

Bubble said:

Alex, next time you visit Barcelona I direct you to the best place for a paella ;)

The thing with paella is that if it's not delicious it's impossible to eat, there's no middle point with it

j_love,

Paella is a traditional dish from Valencia, (actually it's called paella valenciana) but you can find it all over the country.
It's a rice dish with seafood and/or meat.
IMO it's one of the best spanish things in the world, it should be eaten near the sea with a fresh salad as starter and a big slice of melon as dessert. :D :D

And it's one of my speciallities too ;)

paella.jpg

silvia said:
Alex, next time you visit Barcelona I direct you to the best place for a paella ;)

The thing with paella is that if it's not delicious it's impossible to eat, there's no middle point with it

Thanks Silvia :D I think you're absoultely right about there being no middle ground with paella.

silvia said:
j_love,

Paella is a traditional dish from Valencia, (actually it's called paella valenciana) but you can find it all over the country.
It's a rice dish with seafood and/or meat.
IMO it's one of the best spanish things in the world, it should be eaten near the sea with a fresh salad as starter and a big slice of melon as dessert. :D :D

And it's one of my speciallities too ;)

paella.jpg

Sounds awesome...looks good too! I might have to try that while on the white isle...

~Jason

Paella rules. Best dish to come out of Spain IMH(but correct)O.

I had a great paella at a restaurant on the bay in Talamanca. It's right on the "boardwalk" (wooden trail that encircles the bay). Don't remember the name of it though.

Probably the best paella I've ever had was in Barca in once of those restaurants on the waterfront (in the pavilion halfway between Barcelonetta and Port Vell)

You need to try a "proper job" in Es Cana on 10th July each year during the paella making competition

IMAG0008.JPG

Back