gone - but not forgotten

Cool they set up the decks at Festival Club, was quite funny logging into FB the other day and him popping up in various places over the island!

:eek: :oops: :eek:

^^ =
manumission.jpg

:rolleyes:

Does annyone remember an old woman that used to turn up at DC10 and Bora Bora holding a giant stuffed panda? The panda was really grubby, but she went everywhere with it - really random, but I saw her a few years in a row around 2001/02/03
what ? she already had that teddybear in 2001 ?

History of Ibiza
Eivissa in the 80s and 90s through magazines

For those who did not have the chance to live the Ibiza of the 80s and 90s, but also for those who did, have a look at the publications of the time such as the magazine Ibiza Magazin in 1981, the Paula's Book books, Ibiza by KU, a hommage of the club KU, and Ibiza L'isola Della Note can be an exercise in memory or relive those years.

It is the exercise we proposed the publication beatMash online magazine in his article That was the Ibiza of the 80 and 90. The article is accompanied by a large gallery with photographs of Ibiza, its nights and its people, in these two decades.

And we look back to the writer, artist and culture manager Carles Fabregat yes island who lived those years. First and to contextualize, Fabregat recalls "that called time of uncovering, who remember those years was as a kind of liberation by the fact that out of the dark night of the Franco regime in which really sexuality had been completely suppressed. However, later, when it is assumed that came liberation, women seemed to become objects of consumption by showing her breasts. " And it is that apparently, magazines, to sell copies, they had to publish women baring breasts. "In fact, I remember when Marisol showed her bare breasts on the cover of Interviu, 100,000 copies were sold more than usually," recalls Fabregat.

This kind of world freedom, also included a sexual freedom and, in that sense, the body also had an absolute liberation. It seems that in this context one of the brands was to go with their breasts exposed or very fine fabrics and no underwear. They were signs of provocation and fashionable in those years.

"Continued happening that people come to Ibiza to free or to do things that does elsewhere. Whether in fashion or social or leisure habits. Ibiza has always been a place where people have come to take certain lifestyles, different from the usual. "

As for the images in the (1) you can see a contest Misters like many others who performed the clubs.

In (2) you can see a woman on the beach, topless selling thongs.

The (3) is another image of liberation that took place in Ibiza in those years in which two girls look their breasts painted in a nightclub.

The (4) is a photograph that responds to one of the local (Black Raya) that were located in those years in the area of the walls.

And in (5) we can see a young model representing the Amadeus brand.

Photography (6) corresponds to the famous fashion shop Paula's Ibiza by Armin Heinemann, which you can see in the picture, and Stuart Rudnick. It was a store located at the beginning of Carrer de la Mare de Deu (Calle de la Virgen). A shop with a curious window that was mounted with an outstanding modernity worth stopping to observe. A reference special fashion, created by the owners.

The (7) and (8) are two images that correspond to the disco mythical KU, in (7) the pool where guests bathing clothes at a time of night and (8) appears shows the early parades clubs in the harbor. Then booming.

The (9) shows also conocidísima Angel's disco.

And (10) is a curious image that seems to remind the actor Robert de Niro. And everything was possible in Eivissa 80 and 90.

http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas/local/2016/08/12/210532/eivissa-anos-traves-revistas.html

Going back 14 years I remember a wee place at the bottom of the west end strip on the left hand side. Can't remember the name but you went into it and downstairs then a short walk into a hard trance type club.

It was the first club I went to on my first ever trip to Ibiza, the tunes where pumping I thought it was amazing at the time, was changed to something else by the time I returned 4/5 years later though.

Going back 14 years I remember a wee place at the bottom of the west end strip on the left hand side. Can't remember the name but you went into it and downstairs then a short walk into a hard trance type club.

It was the first club I went to on my first ever trip to Ibiza, the tunes where pumping I thought it was amazing at the time, was changed to something else by the time I returned 4/5 years later though.

Nightlife?

Was this nightlife was vclub a few years ago n think its closed now

... 11 years later ...

The court also exempts Sant Josep from the collapse in sa Caixota
The tomb TSJB the resource owners apartment building,
which required more than 12 million euros

thumb

The old apartment block after the mudslide.

The High Court of Justice of Balears (TSJB) has stretched the appeal presented by the community of owners of residential apartment block Vista Alegre and confirms the lower court decision that absolved the City of Sant Josep to pay millions in compensation to those affected by the collapse of the slope of sa Caixota September 2005. Much of the apartment building collapsed due to ground movement, lie several homes located in the upper area of the hillside slope moved down and left in ruin.

Residential property Vista Alegre initially claimed the Consistory payment of 6.5 million market value of the property and estimated demolition costs, actions to consolidate the solar and moral damages. Subsequently, he demanded compensation of 12.3 million euros in the event that it is not possible rehabilitation of the building.

The TSJB notes that the City has not yet recepcionado the works of urbanization and "there is no causal link between the damage and the performance of the administration". "The possible glide slope was not detected by the lack of adequate geotechnical study, prospecting and testing," argues the sentence, which, he says, it can not be imputed to the Consistory. In this sense, the ruling states that the power of the City is to plan the soil and, in this case, no one argued that the shaky ground of sa Caixota was qualified as urban land. "Nor is the responsibility of the City Council conservation works and services of urbanization, when not recepcionada ... Nor is municipal responsibility goodness and verification of the technical and geological construction
project calculations because it is the responsibility of technicians they signed him. "

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...ribunal-exime-sant-josep-derrumbe/860901.html

I was wondering... There was a massive structure of an unfinished club that could be seen when entering San Antonio (and also a lot of stories behind it ;-) ).

Is it gone now?

I was looking after it when going to San Antonio during my last few Ibiza trips and I couldn't find it anymore... (maybe it is just that I wasn't looking at the right place?)

I was wondering... There was a massive structure of an unfinished club that could be seen when entering San Antonio (and also a lot of stories behind it ;-) ).

Is it gone now?

I was looking after it when going to San Antonio during my last few Ibiza trips and I couldn't find it anymore... (maybe it is just that I wasn't looking at the right place?)
It's been gone for years, now a car park....

Is it gone now?

yes. gone.

=> 'Idea' Nightclub, Ibiza

Was watching this Manumission video clip earlier

Loved the sunrise crazy times of Manumission in the Cocoloco!

I don't think anything has ever come close to the crazyness of that party ...
took this video @ manumission closingparty. of course FULL house ... unreal atmosphere ... and my favorite "conferencier" ever :)

Back