Going to Berghain alone

First visit we showed up very late to the finest friday party with Mano Le Tough and Michael Graccioppo @ panorama, maybe 7-8 AM saturday morning. My girl and I walked right up to the door and were quickly told to try and come back in the evening. We had spoken with Michael the week before to try and get list but it was full...we decided to pretend we were on the list and after being denied we blurted out his name and told them we were on the list. The 3 at the door looked at us puzzled and said he has already played and the party was ending, we told them our flight was delayed and we were hoping to stop in quick. After a pretend look at some papers (assuming the list was long destroyed from a night of party) they came back and said the list is closed so we must pay 8 Euro each. We looked at each other and held back our smiles and of course said yes. We spent an hour and a half dancing around to a resident dj. Came back that night around 1AM, all of our crew got denied except us probably due to the stamps and the ol counting with your thumb first (two is thumb and pointer finger), all black gear and being silent while waiting in line. Will never forget the my first 24 hours in berlin.
What do you mean by counting? I'm suprised the wearing black gear hasnt been sussed out yet. Seems to be the case at every techno event. Soon to be 'original' so to speak

What do you mean by counting? I'm suprised the wearing black gear hasnt been sussed out yet. Seems to be the case at every techno event. Soon to be 'original' so to speak

Counting...I guess the gesture for 2, thumb and index finger rather than index and middle.

Def look at the lineup on RA before, send a message to one of the djs on Facebook or twitter if you can before and try and score list. Surprising what may come of it.

I just wasnt 100% on the opening hours.
im over for the marathon in September so may be too busy with tourists, will give it a go at trying to get in.

It gets pretty busy Sunday night and you can wind up waiting quite a while in line even returning with a stamp, easier earlier in the afternoon. Main Berghain floor closes about 3.30 - 6am depending on goodness knows what but Panorama Bar often carries on until 11am to midday on Monday.

Def look at the lineup on RA before, send a message to one of the djs on Facebook or twitter if you can before and try and score list. Surprising what may come of it.

This is good advice really for any club in Berlin. Most places don't care what you wear but they'll ask you what the name of the party is and who is playing.

0-for-2 trying to go to Berghain earlier this month. First attempt was 630am Sunday morning (no queue - a simple "not today"), second time was 230am Monday morning (also no queue - some confusion about handstamps before they didn't let us in, saying they were only taking people who had been in before).

Back