Global...

global

got back from global yesterday, only dj that pipped it for me was Dubfire, absolutely superb. Shame about the organisation at the festival, quite frankly there wasn`t any but overall great crowd, great weekend. ibiza this sunday whoomp whoomp.

global gathering was as an event... awfull, full of scallies, hoodies and chavs looking for trouble... some wicked sets, but id rather put my money towards ibiza next year.

the friday was much better, chilled out vibe and happy go lucky people... saturday and the 4.5 hour que to get in was a nightmare... (in 08 we walked straight in)

was really looking forward to it as well... sad times :cry:

There were a lot of scallies there agreed, I still managed to enjoy,.
Was a bit dissapointed James Zabiela didn't show up, but Adam Beyer and Loco Dice filled the void nicely.

I was looking forward to going but had to cancel due to a weekend cheerleading competition.. I was gutted but then I thought was it really that great last year, I know it was partly my own fault for going a bit scatty but now that I've seen the reviews here I'm glad I saved my money to squeeze in an extra night in Ibiza :p

No...Going to Ibiza on Sat 8)
Of all weekends to book him too! Hopefully seeing Carl Craig, Zabiela, Dixon and Wooly might ease the pain on Sunday ;)
Is it in Koko gorillaz? That used to be my local, should be an interesting venue. Cool House is the the only promoter in South Wales with a clue on who to book. They need to arrange them with my diary first though...:D

No...Going to Ibiza on Sat 8)
Of all weekends to book him too! Hopefully seeing Carl Craig, Zabiela, Dixon and Wooly might ease the pain on Sunday ;)
Is it in Koko gorillaz? That used to be my local, should be an interesting venue. Cool House is the the only promoter in South Wales with a clue on who to book. They need to arrange them with my diary first though...:D

Lol I bet you are a bit gutted then as yes it is in koko's which makes a refreshing change from that crap upstairs room in liquid. It was in koko's on nye and I loved it :D Coolhouse is better suited to the darker skankier places like this I reckon :D:D

Thanks for clearing something up for me Hauskitten. Im going to Cool House for Lee Burridge but have never been to Koko Gorillaz. Sounds like my kind of place. I was a fan of Conti's as well.

My last experiment with somewhere new in Cardiff was for D. Ramirez at Glam. Used to like place as the Q Bar but theyve totally ruined it and altho Ramirez was tidy it was wall to wall with roiders and nobheads.

Roll on sat! aint been out for ages.

Thanks for clearing something up for me Hauskitten. Im going to Cool House for Lee Burridge but have never been to Koko Gorillaz. Sounds like my kind of place. I was a fan of Conti's as well.

My last experiment with somewhere new in Cardiff was for D. Ramirez at Glam. Used to like place as the Q Bar but theyve totally ruined it and altho Ramirez was tidy it was wall to wall with roiders and nobheads.

Roll on sat! aint been out for ages.

I was at D Ramirez too! You may remember me because I was Irish Dancing in the middle and everyone formed a circle haha.. we ended up getting thrown out..Something funky always happens to us in Glam they even turned the music off and chucked everyone out because of our shenanigans one time so I try not to go there! Kokos is proper dark and dingy but high roof upstairs.. closest thing you'd get to the coal exchange which had the best CH parties!

I agree there was all types at the event but isn`t that what a festival is about. There was chavs etc but all friendly and just out for a good time as far as i could see. If Godskitchen are reading this, please sort the queing out for next year it was horrendous.

I can count on the fingers of neither hand the number of times I've come across a "friendly" chav at a festival. Only someone extremely naive would believe they are there in any way other than to extort cash and drugs from you through whatever means necessary.

A few local isle of wight yoot penetrated bestival in 2005 and robbed a few tents, which ruined the festie for a fair few decent folk - the suspicion being that they had inside help from the meathead security staff.

they are, fundamentally, a massive wnkstain on the face of UK society and certainly shouldn't be allowed anywhere near music festivals.

If you're more bothered about whether the kid dancing next to you is wearing Addidas trackies rather than the great atmosphere and music the festival creates then you all have problems. As I said, I saw no trouble so I don't care what demographic the attendees are from, providing they are all on the same level, which as far as I could see... were. I had an amazing time again, the organisation for entrance is a bit rubbish I'll admit, but really... who cares. I'll be there next year. I hope you enjoy judging those people do go and enjoy themselves. See you at SW4, I'll be the one at the front, meeting people, having fun, not caring. You'll be the ones at the back, chatting about how much better it was last year before EVERYTHING changed.

I was at D Ramirez too! You may remember me because I was Irish Dancing in the middle and everyone formed a circle haha.. we ended up getting thrown out..Something funky always happens to us in Glam they even turned the music off and chucked everyone out because of our shenanigans one time so I try not to go there! Kokos is proper dark and dingy but high roof upstairs.. closest thing you'd get to the coal exchange which had the best CH parties!

haha, I was there that night too. Wasn't fortunate enough to see the irish dancing though :lol: (just D Ramirez's awfull fringe), Every dance music night in south wales is full of roiders though isn't it?...(and ibiza?)
It's quite funny when you see them "going for it" on the dancefloor. But then if you get a bit close you might end up getting ''butted'' for dancing on their square! :evil:

Olly I'm glad to see you picking up on valleys slang :D we'll have you saying 'I'm prawper awf it butt' before you know it :lol::lol:

LOL @ goobers wtf??? haha

Back