Glitterbox 2018

If it wasnt for nights like glitterbox and Prydz I probably wouldn’t be able to get my wife to go to Ibiza so I could enjoy the underground dark room techno.
I have to echo this point. Mrs Tucker loves Glitterbox. And I have no problem going along to a night she enjoys every now and then. And I have to confess I have also enjoyed a few nights there in the past. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea I know. But I’d rather she wanted to go to Glitterbox one night of the trip than some garbage like Tinie Tempa or Paris Hilton! For me it’s all about keeping the balance right so we both enjoy the trip.

why are people on here always, "if you don't like cheese, aha you must like dark rooms". sometimes it isn't either... ibiza has never been for me about dark rooms, but at the same time, I hate people who claim to be heroes of house playing shit

morales made some decent-ish music in the 90s, that big production def mix era, but it's all dated really badly. i heard space cowboy the other day. i actually loved it at the time, but really very much of its time

i like flamboyant crowds too - fond memories of vivacious at those legendary quentin harris kiss my black ass parties in London, but the key point is that is about the crowd expressing itself, the DJ is anonymous in the background providing the music not the horseplay, that's what too many clubs seem to have forgotten

why are people on here always, "if you don't like cheese, aha you must like dark rooms". sometimes it isn't either... ibiza has never been for me about dark rooms, but at the same time, I hate people who claim to be heroes of house playing shit

morales made some decent-ish music in the 90s, that big production def mix era, but it's all dated really badly. i heard space cowboy the other day. i actually loved it at the time, but really very much of its time

i like flamboyant crowds too - fond memories of vivacious at those legendary quentin harris kiss my black ass parties in London, but the key point is that is about the crowd expressing itself, the DJ is anonymous in the background providing the music not the horseplay, that's what too many clubs seem to have forgotten
I mentioned dark rooms and underground techno because that’s what I like. But not everyone does. Some people like Sanchez and morales, that’s why they get booked consistently. Some people like a good production, for others it’s not a priority. Tunes do date, imo most dance music is very disposable. But some folks like Old skool and retro. Different people like different things. If the nights are happening, the djs are getting booked and there is large scale production then it’s all as relevant as anything you or I or the next person likes. It doesn’t have to be cutting edge, underground or cool to be relevant.

if someone pointed a revolver at me and said you gotta choose between say glitterbox, adobe and rich bitch, then glitterbox is gonna win by a mile. i'll always take the cheesy gay dancefloor over english kids on steroids or wannabe gangsters!

but that doesn't say much...
Are you sure you aren’t referencing paradise?!

I think I’d take the bullet mate!

I have to echo this point. Mrs Tucker loves Glitterbox. And I have no problem going along to a night she enjoys every now and then. And I have to confess I have also enjoyed a few nights there in the past. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea I know. But I’d rather she wanted to go to Glitterbox one night of the trip than some garbage like Tinie Tempa or Paris Hilton! For me it’s all about keeping the balance right so we both enjoy the trip.
Good point, I went at David Guetta's Big party last year (Ushuaïa) to please her. The next day we were at Resistance (Privilege) to please me.

I compromise on all sorts to please my missus, but music is too sacred! no way would I ever go to a shit night to keep her happy. luckily she's really into larry heard, weatherall and stuff now so it's not an issue anyway.

I compromise on all sorts to please my missus, but music is too sacred! no way would I ever go to a shit night to keep her happy. luckily she's really into larry heard, weatherall and stuff now so it's not an issue anyway.
Me too :) "trust me,it will be good"'

So Sanchez and Morales are too old, but not Larry Heard and Weatherall...

Bring back Drummers to Defected parties!!!
i don't care about gay/Trans performers ...

Shovell, Rocky Percussion & so on..

ps:as long there are drums, i really don't give a shit about the Music as it's all about the DRUMS! :D

So Sanchez and Morales are too old, but not Larry Heard and Weatherall...

they might be a similar age, but huge difference in mentality

weatherall is constantly championing new music, new sounds, new producers, new bands (see also Harvey) - they never rested on their laurels or made the party about them

I always wished shovel would just dig a hole and get into it..o_O as for fiddle guy..:mad:
Micah the fiddle guy, even im not into Violin, is a cool bloke , he pat my shoulder last time at Chiringay ibz 17, Musician brotherhood :cool:
Shovel, give some real value to a Defected party, i saw him last, in pacha ibz 12 ,as without his drums, it was quiet boring

To summup, adding live musicians to a set mix is always a good IDEA! :) and if it's a Drummer: JACKPOT :D.
you got this at woomoon with monolink playing guitar...

they might be a similar age, but huge difference in mentality

weatherall is constantly championing new music, new sounds, new producers, new bands (see also Harvey) - they never rested on their laurels or made the party about them
Whatever. So I'll be at Glitterbox with my GF next July 27th and you won't be.
That being said, which parties will you end-up next summer (as we are almost friend now)?

Back