Glastonbury 2011

Boardgrrrrl

Anyone else trying desperately trying to avoid a hangover on Sunday morning to be ready for the 9am ticket sale?

I've been to V a couple of times but I've decided it's high time to upgrade from the chavfest and try something a little more musically (and physically!) challenging.

Do they really sell tickets this early?

That's like a massive 0% interest loan to the organizers for the next 9 months. Brilliant!

Yup, registrations must have been completed for sales starting and probably finishing on Sunday.

Glad my gf isnt interested as we're now skint post-Ibiza.

3 sunny years on the trot...dare i commit to this given that "things happen in threes"?

hmmmm.

Although I had said I would go I think the 400quid total would b better spent on gettin a villa for 2 weeks in Ibiza for me personally. Another year watching it on the telly, sigh

Do they really sell tickets this early?

That's like a massive 0% interest loan to the organizers for the next 9 months. Brilliant!

£50 down on Sunday, pay the rest next April or May I think.

So yes. A big loan to Mr Eavis & co.

Although I had said I would go I think the 400quid total would b better spent on gettin a villa for 2 weeks in Ibiza for me personally. Another year watching it on the telly, sigh

Agreed. But 2011 is my swan song (biological clock is ticking and all that) so I'm doing both. AND going snowboarding. AND maybe even V depending on the lineup. Got to cram it all in before mini-Boardgrrrrls come along and cramp my style :lol:

I'm in! (again)

Thank goodness there's no Glasto in 2012 - am becoming a bit of a one trick pony.

05:00 arrive home :eek:

08:30 alarm goes off

08:50 sat in front of PC with a Diet 7UP and slightly embarrassing memories of demonstrating my best 'podium dancing' last night

10:00 eight tickets confirmed by friend who had successfully got onto the website

10:02 2xCocodamol tablets and back to bed safe in the knowledge that I will be running riot in a field in Somerset in just over 8 months time :twisted:

4hrs 22 mins I kept trying... nothing:cry:

It seems so many people had the same trouble. I doubt if I would have got any if it hadn't been for my friend getting lucky and getting through.

But then you hear the stories of people getting through and then IMMEDIATELY getting through again to buy more :evil:

It's like seetickets weren't prepared for the volume of people trying for tix....did they not think to look at how many people had registered?

Ahh ok, thought it meant they were paying that for a villa for themselves, every villa Ive looked at is at least £1000 for a week, Ive been looking at them for next year for a big one to take all the family to, need one with at least 6 bedrooms, which are about £4000 a week

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case wont cry about not getting tickets. Prince would be a good headliner but doubt I would make it anywhere near that stage!

Prince - seen 'im

U2 - seen 'em

Coldplay - would rather listen to Cheryl Tweedys albums on repeat for the whole weekend :evil:

It all depends on who is headlining the other stages as to whether I try and see Prince or U2.

Back