Glasto

I hate to be a doom and gloom merchant but strong rumours 2021 is gunna be cancelled. I honestly can’t see this blowing over in time for a season in Ibz next summer sadly

I hate to be a doom and gloom merchant but strong rumours 2021 is gunna be cancelled. I honestly can’t see this blowing over in time for a season in Ibz next summer sadly
An ex colleague of mine who works in the festival office has said to me over the weekend no decision made yet, likely to be end Jan/start Feb as the site build begins in March. However, if they can’t get insurance, that kills it immediately.

A different season for sure.. festivals and clubbing I can't see happening

An ex colleague of mine who works in the festival office has said to me over the weekend no decision made yet, likely to be end Jan/start Feb as the site build begins in March. However, if they can’t get insurance, that kills it immediately.
They didn’t have insurance this year due to a pandemic. Actually, Wimbledon is about the only event globally that had cover and have been paid.

They didn’t have insurance this year due to a pandemic. Actually, Wimbledon is about the only event globally that had cover and have been paid.
That's not quite what I'm getting at. This year, they were able to call it off relatively early without too much cash being spent, so the lack of pandemic cover in their existing policy wasn't as much of an issue (although they did have to dip into the cash reserves as some spend had happened).

If they were to want to go ahead next year, they would need to be damn sure that it was going to go ahead, as any insurance to cover cancellation is nigh on impossible to obtain. The cash reserves are now at a level that a cancellation any time later than March would be catastrophic financially.

That's not quite what I'm getting at. This year, they were able to call it off relatively early without too much cash being spent, so the lack of pandemic cover in their existing policy wasn't as much of an issue (although they did have to dip into the cash reserves as some spend had happened).

If they were to want to go ahead next year, they would need to be damn sure that it was going to go ahead, as any insurance to cover cancellation is nigh on impossible to obtain. The cash reserves are now at a level that a cancellation any time later than March would be catastrophic financially.
Yes who would pay insurance for that? We’ve had a clause that sort of covered it...there is a big claim at the moment that was successful the insurers are appealing...saying that, it’s a drop in the ocean for what we are losing. But pretty good for smaller business if allowed... we’ve lost literally billions but arguing for 10m....we are different as have radius clause...the cost of insurance like this is huge...after SARS, emirates airline were quoted $20m premium for $80m coverage...not worth it for them. So sadly Glastonbury won’t even get offered. All insurance covers now specifically disregard pandemics - that won’t change.

Yes who would pay insurance for that? We’ve had a clause that sort of covered it...there is a big claim at the moment that was successful the insurers are appealing...saying that, it’s a drop in the ocean for what we are losing. But pretty good for smaller business if allowed... we’ve lost literally billions but arguing for 10m....we are different as have radius clause...the cost of insurance like this is huge...after SARS, emirates airline were quoted $20m premium for $80m coverage...not worth it for them. So sadly Glastonbury won’t even get offered. All insurance covers now specifically disregard pandemics - that won’t change.
Not that I’m an expert!

Reckon they'll push it over to 2022 to be honest, this lockdown will put an end to it being 2021

Reckon they'll push it over to 2022 to be honest, this lockdown will put an end to it being 2021
Agreed. Emily Eavis has already said that tickets will roll to 2022 if they have to bump it. Seeing as the site build starts in March, can’t see it being a goer now

The Glastonbury stream was a monumental balls up tonight and I feel so sorry for all involved in making the film. But they finally got it up and running two hours late by making it free for all to access.

I really enjoyed it. The Damon Albarn set was absolutely outstanding. Well worth checking out along with many others especially Roisin Murphy. Awesome. Official link for the full stream http://lnk.to/liveatworthyfarm

I wasn't able to access the earlier sets but they should be available tomorrow. Looking forward to checking them out too. New Thom Yorke / Greenwood project sounds ace. Anyway. Bravo to all involved.

Back