Girly Thread

Any sort of massage is good, followed by a good diet and regular exercise. The brush will be good for getting rid of dry skin but nothing else.

Don't buy any cream that is suppose to get rid of celluite, it is all a gimmick.

Cannot agree me, thats bang on with what i would of said 8)

me too - here's a girly offering then...

I am having a clothing dilemma at the moment....

I feel too old for Top shop but not old enough for Next LOL :oops:

As some of you already saw my FB post - I really do have more frilly dress and smocks than Grayson Perry ....:confused: almost worried I will slowly morph into Bette Davis in Whatever happened to Baby Jane without knowing it....

where can a lady of my years go shopping for decent clothing that's still edgy but not mutton dressed as.....

never thought I would be having this conversation - I had no intention of getting on in years and worrying about how the feck I looked.....

Work is fine - I have to dress smart anyway so have plenty of shift dresses/trousers/suits etc...

me too - here's a girly offering then...

I am having a clothing dilemma at the moment....

I feel too old for Top shop but not old enough for Next LOL :oops:

As some of you already saw my FB post - I really do have more frilly dress and smocks than Grayson Perry ....:confused: almost worried I will slowly morph into Bette Davis in Whatever happened to Baby Jane without knowing it....

where can a lady of my years go shopping for decent clothing that's still edgy but not mutton dressed as.....

never thought I would be having this conversation - I had no intention of getting on in years and worrying about how the feck I looked.....

Work is fine - I have to dress smart anyway so have plenty of shift dresses/trousers/suits etc...

You are NOT too old for Top Shop!!!!

Come down to London and do the concessions area on the lower ground floor.... or try some more independent boutiques.

Top Shop have also just opened Top Shop EDITED on Regent Street. It is for people who find the Oxford CIrcus one too young/loud/nightmarey. Ie us older girlies. Has the "best of" their range and slightly older focus. I think its a trial with potential to expand to other cities.

They realised they were losing some customers due to their stores being over run with teenagers! And the teenagers have no £££ to spend!

I shop in Next for work :oops::twisted:

I agree about Topshop - like the clothes but hate the teenagers, they all get in the way and who wants to wear something a spotty teenager is also wearing :eek::lol:

Have you tried H&M? They do the trendy range which is quite cheap, think indie look BUT they also do a smart "nice clothes" bit - depends how good your H&M is though

Have you tried Zara also?

I shop in Next for work :oops::twisted:

I agree about Topshop - like the clothes but hate the teenagers, they all get in the way and who wants to wear something a spotty teenager is also wearing :eek::lol:

Have you tried H&M? They do the trendy range which is quite cheap, think indie look BUT they also do a smart "nice clothes" bit - depends how good your H&M is though

Have you tried Zara also?

Mango.... Urban Outfitters ....

I was going to suggest Urban Outfitters, bit edgy isnt it - also out my price range :oops::lol:

I like it :) I think that some things can be a bit odd but at least you dont see everyone wearing it!! Its quite reasonable ish.

Also Vintage shops (apart from the clothes can smell a bit ....:eek:)

I like it :) I think that some things can be a bit odd but at least you dont see everyone wearing it!! Its quite reasonable ish.

Hang on Im getting confused with All Saints :oops:

All Saints is pricey in my opinion

Ive got a few nice bits in Urban Outfitters - do nice accessories and shoes too

i have some All Saints stuff - bought a gorgeous dress there last year - paid £100 for it and feel a bit agrieved as I have worn it 3 times lol.... and a t shirt i paid over the odds for and now after about 5 washes its all twisted :twisted:

i find some of their stuff is definately different but the prices are a bit steep for some pieces...

Will try Urban Outfitters and see what's on their sites.

Has anyone bought stuff off PPQ (just looked at their website and lucky I was sitting down LOL :eek: ) or Very - looks a bit ASOS imo...

might be time to start thinking about getting a new sewing machine and just getting basic ideas :confused:

ah Mango - I like shopping there when in Spain or Cyprus but dont like the stuff they do in the uk - its kind of staid I find....

God I am picky .....:spank:

Maybe I just need to move abroad somewhere hot and i only have to think about minimal clothing and shorts lol

i have some All Saints stuff - bought a gorgeous dress there last year - paid £100 for it and feel a bit agrieved as I have worn it 3 times lol.... and a t shirt i paid over the odds for and now after about 5 washes its all twisted :twisted:

i find some of their stuff is definately different but the prices are a bit steep for some pieces...

Will try Urban Outfitters and see what's on their sites.

Has anyone bought stuff off PPQ (just looked at their website and lucky I was sitting down LOL :eek: ) or Very - looks a bit ASOS imo...

might be time to start thinking about getting a new sewing machine and just getting basic ideas :confused:

I've used Very for dresses - some of it is ok. Agree about All Saints - just find it a bit over rated - boyfriends sister buys stuff in there and some of it is so not worth the money. But then I dont have the money to shop there :lol::lol::lol:

H&M is my personal fave. But can be hit and miss.

Ive head of PPQ - doesnt someone famous model for them?

ah Mango - I like shopping there when in Spain or Cyprus but dont like the stuff they do in the uk - its kind of staid I find....

God I am picky .....:spank:

Maybe I just need to move abroad somewhere hot and i only have to think about minimal clothing and shorts lol

Bershka is like Mango - spanish shop - only know of one in Spain and one on Oxford St though so may not be much help to you :oops::lol:

Musty is the industry term I believe!

I love a bit of vintage shopping although some of it can be overpriced. I prefer to trawl the charity shops as you can pic up pieces for a fraction of the cost. You need to have patience though as sometimes you don't find anything.

Back