Girlies - Facials

spacemonkey

I had a Dermalogica Facial yesterday, it has made my skin really sore :confused:

They did an exfoliating thing with some sort of brush and then put a mask on and it stung like hell and hasnt stopped yet. Sort of itchy.. :confused:

Skin looks really clear and fresh but has anyone else had one of these - is this normal????

I normally have Elemis facials but the therapist recommended I try this instead as I find the Elemis ones a bit oily sometimes.......

I did Crystal Clear ones for a while - gorgeous but far too expensive I found...... my mate works for dermalogica and she swears by the stuff - she has given me loads of free samples of stuff but I wasnt overly impressed to be honest.. :?:?

I did Crystal Clear ones for a while - gorgeous but far too expensive I found...... my mate works for dermalogica and she swears by the stuff - she has given me loads of free samples of stuff but I wasnt overly impressed to be honest.. :?:?

Felt like skin was burning yesteday, you know when you get sunburnt and it it tight and itchy.

Not red anymore but feels almost like its gonna peel :confused:

Back to Simple wipes for me although they said yesterday that they were the cause of my skin issues (although i dont think its that bad tbh)..... :twisted: prob more of a sales pitch to get me to buy some products, which of course i did :oops:

Felt like skin was burning yesteday, you know when you get sunburnt and it it tight and itchy.

Not red anymore but feels almost like its gonna peel :confused:

Back to Simple wipes for me although they said yesterday that they were the cause of my skin issues (although i dont think its that bad tbh)..... :twisted: prob more of a sales pitch to get me to buy some products, which of course i did :oops:

well exactly, what do we know? I have been blinded by technical beautician talk and probably have a lot of stuff I have bought and never used more than 3 times or something....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that what she said, what exactly did she say as i use them and i have problem skin and am seeing a dermatologist at the end of the month to try and sort it out as i am at the end of my tether :spank: maybe using these make-up remover wipes isnt helping?

I've never heard of a facial making you feel sore? did she rub it in too much?

Is that what she said, what exactly did she say as i use them and i have problem skin and am seeing a dermatologist at the end of the month to try and sort it out as i am at the end of my tether :spank: maybe using these make-up remover wipes isnt helping?

well apparently the wipes are pretty much the worse thing you can use. Ive noticed my skin being more red than usual over the past six months and funnily enough when i think about it , its when i started using the wipes everyday (easy/quick etc) its the rubbing on the skin that causes irritation if you have sensitive skin.

re the facial, they did the usual cleansing thing, then got this electric brush and went all over my face with it :eek: then put mask on which HURT, then did facial massage which HURT (at this point i prob should have said something) just kept stinging all evening and now doesnt sting, but my forehead is tight and itchy like sunburn.

rest of face is lovely though...

mmmmm - i had a facial at the Sanctuary not that long ago and the girl said the same thing about the wipes. If you have problem skin, my friend has been going for microdermabrasion (probably not spelled like that tho) and really swears by it. Her skin is spot free and soft as a baby's bum and she had tried all the lotions and potions in boots and prescribed by her doc.

Back