Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Complete joke system, all it's doing is lining the pockets of test suppliers
Yeah, and I really don't think they are even checking anything anymore. When we went away last Xmas, the missus had only had one jab so had to isolate on return. She was called the day we came back to check where she was and then someone turned up the next day to check she was home. This time, we had to isolate until negative PCR reults - no phone call, no knock and then the rule change again.

The other thing is that I thought it was only the LFTs that you upload a photo of that could have been done by anyone. SWIM confirmed that when they couldn't get their son (under 10) to sit still for his PCR, his middle-aged mum just did it herself. I'd thought perhaps the age of the person who really did the test might somehow show up, but no, it went off registered for the child and returned a negative result with no issues.

So absolutely anyone could be doing any of the tests, and in the case of people who stand to lose wages if positive, probably are.

My Mum pre-ordered two Day 2 lateral flow tests in November, just before the rules changed to a PCR test for Day 2.

As they are in date and haven't been used, can we use them for another trip? She had registered them for her November trip but then had to redo to passenger locator form to a PCR (that will teach her for being so organised!).

Hoping to be able to use them for our next trip, rather than buying two new tests.

My Mum pre-ordered two Day 2 lateral flow tests in November, just before the rules changed to a PCR test for Day 2.

As they are in date and haven't been used, can we use them for another trip? She had registered them for her November trip but then had to redo to passenger locator form to a PCR (that will teach her for being so organised!).

Hoping to be able to use them for our next trip, rather than buying two new tests.
I'd expect so. I've got two in a cupboard that I bought for the kids before realising on adults had to test to return (before the latest rule change). I intend to use them at some point for another trip

The number of new cases in the UK is absolutely tanking daily now with the country (England) fully open save for mask use, although I read that in places like NL there is still a very strong lockdown; bars/shops closed etc. yet they are just as well jabbed up as the UK, and the recent massive spike in cases (Omicron) has caused an increase in hospitalisations, and sadly deaths, but nothing like the increase in cases (from 20k/day to 180k/day) so it kinda proves that Omicron is far less of a problem than Delta.

From the videos I have been watching, Spain including the Balearics, appears pretty well open for business. For my cent's worth, I'm now much more confident about a "normal" summer with even testing out and back gone for those fully vaxxed. Still think we will be stuck with passenger locator forms all summer, but when an additional form - the ETIAS - comes in (autumn?) unless there's a new winter variant will they drop the locator forms?

Gonna hold on a week or so then start looking to book June/Sept/Oct in Ibiza. Hopefully the hotels which appear to be closed (ie those in a chain where some stay open, others shut) will reopen.

Reading today that "shortly" the neeed for any test on return to the UK will be phased out. That means for a return trip to Spain just the locator forms and the covid pass will do.

Reading today that "shortly" the neeed for any test on return to the UK will be phased out. That means for a return trip to Spain just the locator forms and the covid pass will do.
Got a source? Interested to read more on this….

Spain have announced that from Feb 1st they will class 'fully vaccinated' as being minimum 2 doses and that your last jab was less than 9 months ago. So for most people they will now need a Booster jab.

Spain have announced that from Feb 1st they will class 'fully vaccinated' as being minimum 2 doses and that your last jab was less than 9 months ago. So for most people they will now need a Booster jab.
Just seen this. So what happens when it gets to say, June and the 9months passes since a lot of peoples boosters? Its not like you can just request one cause you want to go on holiday?! Is that your lot, no Spain? Going to be interesting.

Just seen this. So what happens when it gets to say, June and the 9months passes since a lot of peoples boosters? Its not like you can just request one cause you want to go on holiday?! Is that your lot, no Spain? Going to be interesting.

I suspect its a bit of a threat to keep Booster take-up going domestically. As you say it'll be almost impossible for tourists to just request a 4th jab for a holiday, several countries have put plans for a 4th jab on-hold. Jabs are being reformulated to better tackle Omnicron and that will take a bit of time to test & approve etc

I hope they'll still allow a PCR test to get into the country.

Realistically, if Spain wants to keep the number of tourist at a decent level, and the tourist industry alive, the rules will have to flexible. Or else a lot of youngish tourists will be holidaying elsewhere.

I hope they'll still allow a PCR test to get into the country.

Realistically, if Spain wants to keep the number of tourist at a decent level, and the tourist industry alive, the rules will have to flexible. Or else a lot of youngish tourists will be holidaying elsewhere.
Still can’t do this coming from the UK, it’s jab or bust as we are dirty dirty britishers

Still can’t do this coming from the UK, it’s jab or bust as we are dirty dirty britishers
There seems to be no end to the punishment for you guys.

I've checked the rules that apply to me. A negative PCR test is still sufficient for those of us traveling from Norway.

My holiday in April is still on.

apparently some of Europe is already only accepting those who have had the booster as then being fully vaccinated? think i read France as being one? we are due to go to Milan in 2 weeks time and cant make head or tail of what they actually class as being fully vax.. is Italy 2 shots good to go anyone know?

apparently some of Europe is already only accepting those who have had the booster as then being fully vaccinated? think i read France as being one? we are due to go to Milan in 2 weeks time and cant make head or tail of what they actually class as being fully vax.. is Italy 2 shots good to go anyone know?
Austria is one of those

Back