Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

LFT-tastic my friend
Yes, and we're just in the door from Mexico and about to 4 PCRs at £35 each, have to bugger about getting them to a dropbox etc and isolate until negative results:mad:

(Also, the check of our negative LFT certs for return to the UK, at the TUI checkin at Cancun airport, was so disinterested, I could have shown him my A-levels certs. Vaguely looked at the direction of my phone when I said I had it on there)

Yes, and we're just in the door from Mexico and about to 4 PCRs at £35 each, have to bugger about getting them to a dropbox etc and isolate until negative results:mad:

(Also, the check of our negative LFT certs for return to the UK, at the TUI checkin at Cancun airport, was so disinterested, I could have shown him my A-levels certs. Vaguely looked at the direction of my phone when I said I had it on there)
I went to a pub in Manchester which was "covid pass or PCR test only" entry. Doorman asked to see my proof, so after 2 mins turning the phone on and finding the QR code, he barely looked. In fact the one I showed him might have been a QR code for a footy game entry!

Randox PCRs dropped at 1pm yesterday and emails recieved at 4.30am this morning to say they have them at lab....squeaky bum time now, to see if I'll be able to play footy on Saturday and the kids will be able to go to school on Monday.....

Randox PCRs dropped at 1pm yesterday and emails recieved at 4.30am this morning to say they have them at lab....squeaky bum time now, to see if I'll be able to play footy on Saturday and the kids will be able to go to school on Monday.....
Just checked and we don't have to isolate after rule change at 4am this morning. Kids could have gone to school today. Doh!

Kids plus me all back negative just now. No answer on the wife yet

You definitely do need a code for the locator form. Whether these are checked against any database or not is another matter entirely….
The company will give a new code out for tests purchased as ‘fit to fly’ changing their function to ‘Day 2’. Just need to fill in an online form with details from the box. Code received instantly. I’m actually impressed at the customer service I’ve received from them this last few months.

Since there's no- Getting to/from UK latest info - topic and there are lots of UK people that could help me out with this one, please allow me this one question. I'm confused by the new rules...does the UK government rule out proof of recovery + 1 jab as fully vaccinated?
Since the EU actually does sees that as fully vaccinated I don't quite understand the different approach.
That would mean if you had Covid and got 1 dose (cause that was the EU medical approach)....you would still have to quarantine for 10 days OR get a booster 14 days before traveling so it counts as a second dose?

Since there's no- Getting to/from UK latest info - topic and there are lots of UK people that could help me out with this one, please allow me this one question. I'm confused by the new rules...does the UK government rule out proof of recovery + 1 jab as fully vaccinated?
Since the EU actually does sees that as fully vaccinated I don't quite understand the different approach.
That would mean if you had Covid and got 1 dose (cause that was the EU medical approach)....you would still have to quarantine for 10 days OR get a booster 14 days before traveling so it counts as a second dose?
Your assumption is correct. If not “fully vaccinated” (which is either both doses of a two dose jab or one dose of a one dose jab), you have to quarantine for 10 days. Recovery certificates don’t seem to mean anything for purpose of entry to England. All details here for England (note, might be different if arriving into Wales/Scottishland or NI): https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

I believe rules differ across different EU countries at the mo if coming from the UK too- an unjabbed mate of mine that has just recovered can’t arrive into Spain at all at the mo where it’s jab or bust to get into the country

Your assumption is correct. If not “fully vaccinated” (which is either both doses of a two dose jab or one dose of a one dose jab), you have to quarantine for 10 days. Recovery certificates don’t seem to mean anything for purpose of entry to England. All details here for England (note, might be different if arriving into Wales/Scottishland or NI): https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

I believe rules differ across different EU countries at the mo if coming from the UK too- an unjabbed mate of mine that has just recovered can’t arrive into Spain at all at the mo where it’s jab or bust to get into the country
Thanks. My head hurts from all the different travel regulations while sorting out some plans for jan-feb-march. 😆

Thanks. My head hurts from all the different travel regulations while sorting out some plans for jan-feb-march. 😆
Not the only one..have a beer! As I've the full three jabs, I think it's now the same as it was in October when I visited Ibiza and November (CdS) - one LFT on return, not tests over in Spain + all the forms.

Still sitting on booking one of my major holidays for June; won't make my mind up until well into the new year, see how it goes.

Not the only one..have a beer! As I've the full three jabs, I think it's now the same as it was in October when I visited Ibiza and November (CdS) - one LFT on return, not tests over in Spain + all the forms.

Still sitting on booking one of my major holidays for June; won't make my mind up until well into the new year, see how it goes.
Think from the UK, currently you need a 48h -ve LFT as well as the appropriate jabs to get in

Anything booked for half term yet Buckley?

You definitely do need a code for the locator form. Whether these are checked against any database or not is another matter entirely….
I think they probably aren't checked. "someone I know" used the same code 3 times this year....and still has the unopened test in the cupboard, didn't even bother sending it away. Sneaky huh!

I think they probably aren't checked. "someone I know" used the same code 3 times this year....and still has the unopened test in the cupboard, didn't even bother sending it away. Sneaky huh!
I definitely know someone that used the same code twice and changed one digit another time

Back