Getting Robbed In Ibiza!!!!!!!!!

Re: Robbers!!

dukemasterpro said:
But what would you do if you woke in a daze and a random was robbing all your stuff??

I'd beat him to a pulp with a spoon. How humiliating would that be? A baseball bat fair enough, but not a piece of cutlery? :lol:

Been a steady stream of villa robbery reports this year again - reminder to be super-careful. This one in this morning in a FB group :

"Unfortunately I've just had a call from a friend who villa was robbed in Santa Eularia last night

Hire cars been stolen x 2
All belongings and money

They only arrived with the kids yesterday so awful start to holiday
Please be careful and make sure you're locking villas up properly or have security and make sure you're not being followed to your car hire firm
Also I think the legal taxi drivers could be in on this as well as they used the new taxi app last night to get to town
"

Final bit is speculation of course could be any one of a number of triggers.

Thought I would share this off another forum too as even worse tactics being used now to rob from cars :

"My friends had all their luggage stolen from the boot of their car at Cala Gracio yesterday. The thieves broke in electronically and nothing was on show - please be vigilant and remind your tourist friends to never leave anything in the car ever....

Also, it now takes 2 working days to get emergency travel documents to fly to the UK apparently - used to be same day!!! Keep your passport safe!!

#brexit "

and comment on what's being done :

"They are using some kind of electronic relay.

One person will stand in the restaurant/bar and relay any key fob signal to another person in the parking area with a receiver.

They trigger the locks, the indicators flash or the lights come on and in less than 3 seconds they are into your car.

It’s insane!
"

Best add a Faraday pouch or two to the "what to pack" list !!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blocker-Faraday-Keyless-Blocking-Protection-2-x-Signal/dp/B076KZF645

This is what's being done : https://www.locksmiths.co.uk/faq/keyless-car-theft/

Don Simon's post last week about his boot getting emptied spooked me out a bit but I guess it comes down to risk assessment - what are the chances an opportunistic thief with the skills/tech to open a boot will be in that area at that precise time and select your car?

Don Simon's post last week about his boot getting emptied spooked me out a bit but I guess it comes down to risk assessment - what are the chances an opportunistic thief with the skills/tech to open a boot will be in that area at that precise time and select your car?

Yup - was happening a lot in supermarket car parks too FFS. Easier just to spend £3 on a Faraday and make it a routine that your car key always goes in it.

i hope one in a million, crossed fingers ?; never got toot car opened in ibz since 2 decades except in paris in a famous spot full of pickpockets, by 5mn, bringing cds from stall to car by 150m, but they didnt take anything
Let ur car in messy state with lot of empty bottles so thief will think they wont find anything valauble ?
aug 18, i forgot to shut doors in my car with warning on,in front of ushuaia, had a pizza at ciao ciao , get back and nothing stolen from it, even with 1 door car opened ??
Saw some Fb post about robbery today
Never bring id & bank card with you & avoid as possible the black prostitute/pickpockets
?

do the local police publish a crime map? I'd be interested to see if there are trends based on thieves targeting specific areas or whether it is simply Russian Roulette...

in terms of personal possessions I try to keep my cards separate unless I need them all - body belts are best of course but a nuisance in the heat

i hope one in a million, crossed fingers ?;

The odds are much worse than that ? It only takes being in the wrong place at the wrong time or a momentary lapse of concentration. That's why having systems that are designed to mitigate risk and making it harder for opportunistic thieves as an autiomatic habit/way of life doesn't feel so much like an imposition. I stay away from busy places most of the time anyway - immediately get stressed the moment there are eyes watching everywhere felt like that for years in Ibiza !

I don't think it's because they don't care - this is a national problem and has been a big issue in Barcelona but the police are restricted by the law. If a thief steals under 200€ (or 400€?) then they pay a fine and get released. This is really frustrating for everyone and means the police become apathetic because their hands are tied..

worst thing that can happen is having ur car stolen...as i never had valuable stuff in the car except my drums (450€), few cash or credit card hidden on a secret place (so secret i forgot 70€ & my bank card ibz opening 17 :spank:, last day & realize it 6am 30mn after throwing keys to location car litterbox )
Worse when u don't have location such ibz closing 17 ?

I don't think it's because they don't care - this is a national problem and has been a big issue in Barcelona but the police are restricted by the law. If a thief steals under 200€ (or 400€?) then they pay a fine and get released. This is really frustrating for everyone and means the police become apathetic because their hands are tied..
its same old stuff in Paris too...i ve worked in place famous about pickpockets n never undestand why they never get caught...lazy police ?

There are enough tourists who don't have a clue about risky areas in peak Summer to pack a lot of places out anyway but in shoulder Season must be frustrating for restaurants etc. and they really need to employ Security to patrol. Only places like CBBC and Blue Marlin do it - the parking near Tropicana for example had a spate of car thefts and I haven't been there since. I'd rather eat at Tropicana than Yemanya in that area for example but I'd go to Yemanya purely because I'm happy my car would be safe.

I once left my car unlocked in Sussex and someone went in and stole the shopping which was all cleaning products (!) - this was in a tiny village where even a smashed window makes the news. So mentally I'm ready for anything.

I once left my car unlocked in Sussex and someone went in and stole the shopping which was all cleaning products (!) - this was in a tiny village where even a smashed window makes the news. So mentally I'm ready for anything.

The phantom Harpic-nicker of old Bognor town ? :lol: You are right to be @Kim Wrong Un it's just staggering what people will steal opportunistically. Living in Barcelona you're better placed than most to switch into the necessary mindset !

The phantom Harpic-nicker of old Bognor town ? :lol: You are right to be @Kim Wrong Un it's just staggering what people will steal opportunistically. Living in Barcelona you're better placed than most to switch into the necessary mindset !

not sure if it's really made the news elsewhere (I think the BBC ran a feature) but BCN has been total crime-central this summer. There are actual groups now on FB where residents identify pickpockets on the metro and share footage. Ethically very dicey... esp if you get the wrong guy and it can get a bit vigilante (there are actual 'Guardian Angels' on patrol with whistles!!) but that's what happens when the system breaks down. I like to think it isn't that bad on the islands!

We're really terrible in Dubai, in general things just don't get stolen here. Cars left unlocked, bags/laptops etc left on coffee shop tables while you go to the toilet etc. We have to remind ourself every single holiday that we need to be extra careful

Back