Getting Robbed In Ibiza!!!!!!!!!

C

CraigyBoy

Got back last Fri night after a brilliant week that was only temporarily spoilt by having my bag robbed off the beach at Figueretas on our thrid day. I wouldn't normally walk round with my passport in my bag but as I was just about to change a travellers cheque............

I was gutted as all my ID was in the bag - wallet, mobile phone, disposable camera, photos of my son, mate's watch, money, etc.... Couldn't believe it had happened to me after going abroad for 13 years and never having any problems.

Had to report it to the police - very difficult as they didn't understand a word I was saying (so frustrated I almost started crying!!!) and then get an emergency passport from the British Consulate. More inconvenience than anything and could do without the hassle of sorting out my insurance now I'm back home.

Did anyone else have any thefts to report?????

Yeah, my mate had his wallet nicked when we were walking thru the west end after a night at Lashed, eden. Had all his credit cards, cash, personal photos etc. We had both run out of money for the last day and were gonna rely on his credit cards to do some cool stuff, (we paid a deposit for a cruise from savannahs on a proper yacht - freechampagne, bringyer own cd's etc) - gutted. Had to walk to police station (how far?) and explain (difficult) what had happened. Had a laugh when filling the form out tho...some wierd phrases!

Word of the day was definately Gutted. :cry:

I'm sorry for that. Never leave your bag alone for much time and taking your eyes off it on a beach whilst having a bath, etc. There are many robbers whose occupation is going to rob to absent-minded tourists on the most bustling beaches of Spain.

One idea if you're going for a walk or a bath and you want to leave your properties is asking someone who looks trustworthy close to you if he can watch over them, me thinks.

Well it certainly made me on guard for the remainder of the holiday anyway! Thank god for travel insurance!!! Although personal things such as photos and watches can't be easily replaced.

Now got the hassle of getting new passport/driving licence and filling in insurance claim form...aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sure I got pick-poketed near bora-bora. Was gutted as it was my digi camera with 100's of pics on our 2nd last day.

I had some pairs of three quarter length short-trousers which have zip-up pockets halfway down the legs so I never had any valuables in my actual pockets, if someone wanted to try and get my prized possessions they'd have to be ingenious.

But dad had 2 credit cards nicked in Crete, Greece, but doesn't know if they were definately nicked as they didn't touch his actual cash he had, I reckon he lost them whilst he was :eek:

i hate bloody criminals......i had my mobile phone and around 360 euros stolen from my bag on cala salada beach about a month ago...i was gutted and i agree the police station certainly was an experience

My Mum and Dad got robbed in the Square in Ibiza Town (Opposite Hagen Daz) two guys came up to them as they sat on a bench and started talking at them and pushing them until my mum pushed back and someone behind them snatched her hand bag... it wasn't for a few moments afterwards that they realised what had happened. She lost lots of valuables and my dads wallet. I turned up a few minutes later and there were police on bikes there - we were directed to the police station and after walking for at least two miles and finding the wrong police station we got there - way outside of the city centre (should have got a taxi) we got to the main station where we sat for at least an hour before calling the english speaking crime phone line which was on a poster in the station, they took the details and faxed it in spanish to the station which was just as well as there wasn't any one there who could have done the translation for us... we signed the statement and then left, took about 3-4 hours.

Before we left we asked the hotel staff where we stayed to call the police station to see if anything had been found and they were told we'd have to go there in person with our passport to the station before they would discuss the matter!

I so wish that this event hadn't happened - my parents never go on holiday and this was my chance to show them IBIZA (clubs too!) The crime was well organised, I was supprised that there aren't any camera's to spot these people. The spanish people who were around were very supportive and the police when we actually got to speak to them were polite and helpful.

Clive

I've just got back from Tenerife and thank God we had travel insurance.

My boyfriend got really ill and needed an operation while we were out there. The guy who wheeled him down to theatre, went back to his room and robbed all his money out of his wallet. We knew it was him because the guy in the bed next to my bloke said that he saw the guy appear from behind the curtain and legged it. We reported it to the hospital but we couldnt proove it.

Theifing T*ssers!!!
427.gif

We had one of our bags stolen at Playa d'en Bossa beach right in front of Bora Bora. We left our bags unattended for a few minutes and when we got back to our beach chairs a bag was missing. The bag contained our rental car keys. The thieves went through our car and took my mobile from the glove compartment, along with a camera, and left the car keys on the seat. Luckily no ID's or credit cards were stolen.

My mate got mugged on the last night over there..... Luckily didn't lose much as the looky looky men came to his rescue.... (he'd been a good customer all week!)

Yeah i know how you all feel, i got my digi cam nicked on the last day with all the holiday photo's of me and my GF on our first time in Ibiza, was well gutted.

On that note tho, i dont think the island is bad for crime. We didnt see or hear of anything other stuff happening other than our incident. Its the same as eveywhere i guess.

last time i was in ibiza with 18-30s in 2001 we went out to subliminal at pacha and when we got back the hotel had given out room keys out to someone else who cleared us out

all i had left was my stereo and my hed kandi cds that were on the table

the tea leafs even took the cold bottles of water from the fridge so we even had to go get some more after we turned up at 8 in the morning ://

we drove to manumission closing last week and the car park was full so we ended up parking on the unlit road that leads back to the main road. there were loads of other cars there so we figured it would be ok.

when we got back someone had done the classic trick of bending the door back on our fiat punto. there was nothing inside except for a denim jacket which they took.

we bent the door back into shape the next day but there was an obvious crease on the door pillar. we just returned the car and so far (touch wood) i've not had any charges on my credit card.

You all must be mad carrying all that stuff round with you!! If I go out during the day I put all my money on one of those stupd looking plastic tube things and tie it onto my short ties then put it in my pocket!! If anyone want to nick my money then basically they have to nick me as well!!

At night all I take is enough money to do me and also stick some more into my shoe so that if anything does happen I can still get home!! Any fool who carries credit cards and stuff with them is asking for trouble, or like I saw last year in San An, some twat flashing his cash all over the place!! Basically jut saying rob me Im a knob!!!

I had my passport and a 50 Euro note pickpocketed while in a bar in the port on my first night. Got it back from the Police a week later. Didn't get the 50 Euros back, was probably down someone's neck.

wetfarm said:
You all must be mad carrying all that stuff round with you!! If I go out during the day I put all my money on one of those stupd looking plastic tube things and tie it onto my short ties then put it in my pocket!! If anyone want to nick my money then basically they have to nick me as well!!

At night all I take is enough money to do me and also stick some more into my shoe so that if anything does happen I can still get home!! Any fool who carries credit cards and stuff with them is asking for trouble, or like I saw last year in San An, some twat flashing his cash all over the place!! Basically jut saying rob me Im a knob!!!

No I'm not "mad" or a "fool" - the only reason I had my passport with me is cos I was about to change a travellers cheque! I wouldn't usually walk around with that on me obviously!

CraigyBoy said:
No I'm not "mad" or a "fool" - the only reason I had my passport with me is cos I was about to change a travellers cheque! I wouldn't usually walk around with that on me obviously!

...........and your passport is often required for proof of ID if you buy goods with a credit/debit card.

my mate had neva been to beefa b4 and on his first night out he was talking to 2 girls,sadly my other mate lost him and next thing u know hes found drugged up(he doesnt touch drugs) and missing £600 ,all his holiday money....all we can figure is the girls drugged him and done this and he only had all his money on him coz he went out straight from airport. bless him,all the next day he had shakes due to whateva drugs it was they gave him,he doesnt remember a thing but it must of been awful.
sadly it happens.
did anyone see the guy at kanya that wears a t-shirt on his head and dances by the pool shaking his arse? app(prob bullshit of the highest form) he got robbed and has been living on the beach :eek:

Robbers!!

We stayed in the Catalina 19/9-27/9. Had a wicked time, will report all the details later in review section.

Only thing was as it was a 1st floor room facing onto the back street, security was not the best.

After sleeping the 1st night with the door open we always made sure that camcorder, cd's, money, sunnies, etc were in the safe.

However on the 4th night of madness(Sublimal Closing) we got in at 8am and fell asleep, fully clothed, lights on etc.

On waking we discovered all the drawers from the chest of drawers on the floor. As my mate is well messy the place looked like we had been done over all the time, but we both realised at 2pm on waking that someone had been in the room whilst we slept.

What did they take?? - 1x broken mobile phone, 1xempty Armani aftershave, 1* hair gel, 1 x average camera

What did they miss?? 300 euros, 1x mini dv cam, 1*pentax digital camera, 1x gigantic 80's style ghetto blaster, several pairs of guccis.

(After a day, also discovered a very empty Eternity gone, cd player and about 40 cd's in a wallet.)

If we had locked the door it would not have happened, you would not think that this would happen whilst you sleep. We did meet a worker who had been staying in the hotel all summer and he said that a spanish guy walked into and out of his room opposite that week, all very strange.

A friend of a mate also said that when this mate, who I know is a decent bloke was working on the island a few years ago used to go into rooms to rob whilst people were out at clubs etc.

All in all not a bad hotel, if we had lost all the stuff would have been gutted but we had larged it and I still was a bit jet lagged having flown from Sydney, hence very tired when normally a light sleeper.

But what would you do if you woke in a daze and a random was robbing all your stuff??

Back