Getting into Ibiza clubs - age and dress requirements

also have to say as the average age in the clubs is much higher than elswhere I genuinely don't think it is very enjoyable for people below 20. that is my personal view only though.

I'm right with you on that one, and it's one of the reasons Ibiza appeals to me. A lot of people look at me like I'm mental when I tell them the average age for people clubbing in Ibiza is 31. No idea where I read that or if it's true, but it stacks up.

Certain nights like Together seem to be aimed at the "oh shit I'm 18 and from the UK and I don't recognise any of the names on these billboards" crowd, but the sheer price puts a lot of people off.

As discussed in a thread the other day, most of the "kids" who come to Ibiza seem to spend their time in their hotel and going to local bars. Suits me.

As for age requirements, the only time I've personally seen people getting asked for ID religiously is if you're on the guestlist. I remember one older very official looking Spanish guy (I forget which club) who looked like an ex-bouncer who'd been promoted, acting like he'd been tasked with finding KGB agents who were trying to infiltrate a submarine base.

Hello everyone, Ibiza virgin here :D
My friend and I are going to be in Ibiza tomorrow morning.
Once I purchased the tickets I read the disclaimer stating dress code and especially wearing shorts. So I was wondering would there be any problem having an outfit like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...AAsqydL6ZpOrVfvdisfE0JU4aQtpS6bcVrmMdx0eh3bBN

I really don't want to wear trousers whole day, especially because I'm going to Ushuaia day party first and then to Pacha. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to experience refusal of entry once I get there.
I've been watching pictures of the crowd in there and everyone has trousers maybe a couple of them shorts up to their knee.
Any suggestions from the first hand?

Once I purchased the tickets I read the disclaimer stating dress code and especially wearing shorts. So I was wondering would there be any problem having an outfit like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...AAsqydL6ZpOrVfvdisfE0JU4aQtpS6bcVrmMdx0eh3bBN

I really don't want to wear trousers whole day, especially because I'm going to Ushuaia day party first and then to Pacha. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to experience refusal of entry once I get there.
I've been watching pictures of the crowd in there and everyone has trousers maybe a couple of them shorts up to their knee.
You'll be fine in clothes as you've shown. I was in there on Friday with shorts and a smart t-shirt with no collar

You won’t have any problems at all with that outfit. Enjoy!

I've read somewhere (but admittedly can't find it again) that Ibiza Rocks parties have a 16 and over age policy. Can this be right?

After 20 years of visiting we've finally decided to bring our daughter (16) and her friend (17) for a holiday this summer and they're wanting "out out".

Ironically, I don't think our 16 year old would have any problems getting in but the 17 year old maybe would, although she's been out at home with no problems.

Bit reluctant to let them go to a club night, even though I went abroad for 2 weeks with my mates when I was 16, but I'd be ok with daytime. Anyone know if what I've read is right?

I've read somewhere (but admittedly can't find it again) that Ibiza Rocks parties have a 16 and over age policy. Can this be right?

After 20 years of visiting we've finally decided to bring our daughter (16) and her friend (17) for a holiday this summer and they're wanting "out out".

Ironically, I don't think our 16 year old would have any problems getting in but the 17 year old maybe would, although she's been out at home with no problems.

Bit reluctant to let them go to a club night, even though I went abroad for 2 weeks with my mates when I was 16, but I'd be ok with daytime. Anyone know if what I've read is right?
I got asked for ID 2 years ago by security folk with guns that was at Amnesia Closing. I was 25 at the time, never been asked before so it does happen

Just for information. The girls (16 & 17) were fine at Ibiza Rocks on their own and O Beach with us (my idea of hell). They were ID'd when we took them to Bodyworks at Hi but enterprising young ladies they are they had fake ID. The Hi thing was a bribe for them letting us go to Lawler's opening Warriors night while they stayed in. And a good time was had too ;-)

So my quiet week to the island at the beginning of July has been hijacked by my niece and her mate. Both are 17 at the minute and are normally OK in getting into places over here in the UK.
I reckon they won't have much trouble in the west end but I did wonder about the clubs, especially in the first year after covid.
I've already thought the likes of Hi and Pacha will be a no but wondered about Amnesia and Eden.
My only concern is that me and the missus will look like the parents from Kevin and Perry but never mind....

So my quiet week to the island at the beginning of July has been hijacked by my niece and her mate. Both are 17 at the minute and are normally OK in getting into places over here in the UK.
I reckon they won't have much trouble in the west end but I did wonder about the clubs, especially in the first year after covid.
I've already thought the likes of Hi and Pacha will be a no but wondered about Amnesia and Eden.
My only concern is that me and the missus will look like the parents from Kevin and Perry but never mind....
not sure if this is too late to help, but maybe will be of use for others.

I've worked on the door of clubs in ibiza for 15 years and honestly up until maybe 5 years ago, it was pretty loose, but things changed and most venues will ask for ID if they are in doubt about someone's age. If they look older, they might be ok. I don't think one venue is more strict than another particularly.

Having said that, if you're actually with them at the time, it's much less likely to be an issue.

Back