General Pleasures

bank holiday 'specials' which are remembered for years after.

having no idea where you are, who you're with or how long you'll be there but still enjoying the experience

small acts of kindness on buses, in the street etc

collective moments with strangers - when everyone chuckles on the tube at the same thing at the same time - London suddenly, momentarily feels like a nicer place

I love that! Or the last train home when you are all a bit merry or the last train home in the xmas period when everyone is jolly, merry, happy etc

I don't know your back story but were you a bit of a 'player' in your yoof?

bit of a cad, bit of a terry thomas with the ladies? :D

I'd say I was a hound in my teens until the end of Uni, settled down far too young after that and consequently was a hound for the last two years of a seven year relationship (cost me £40k on the way out), had a whale of the a time being promiscuity personified from 27 - 29 years old but having been in a relationship for so long I kept allowing one night stands to develop into ongoing situations (often a few simultaneously) on a 'I'm doing anything wrong because I haven't made any express promises' ticket. At 29, I had an early midlife crisis, started promoting clubs and bought myself a Merc whilst pretending to DJ as part of a duo :lol:, and 'settled' down with a Dutch model ten years my junior (she inadvertantently cost me a few quid on her exit:lol:). Feeling a bit battered after losing her (I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible), when a friend of friends pounced on me a couple of weeks later at my birthday do, I got into a hellish relationship which is currently still causing problems (summons issued this week for £13k she's decided not to repay as agreed).

Now? The one who got away, the clever, funny, fit girl who was unfortunate enough to meet me in 27-29 year old period above is back. I'd never cheat on her again and she knows it. Never been happier and bounder/cad days are over.

I'd say I was a hound in my teens until the end of Uni, settled down far too young after that and consequently was a hound for the last two years of a seven year relationship (cost me £40k on the way out), had a whale of the a time being promiscuity personified from 27 - 29 years old but having been in a relationship for so long I kept allowing one night stands to develop into ongoing situations (often a few simultaneously) on a 'I'm doing anything wrong because I haven't made any express promises' ticket. At 29, I had an early midlife crisis, started promoting clubs and bought myself a Merc whilst pretending to DJ as part of a duo :lol:, and 'settled' down with a Dutch model ten years my junior (she inadvertantently cost me a few quid on her exit:lol:). Feeling a bit battered after losing her (I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible), when a friend of friends pounced on me a couple of weeks later at my birthday do, I got into a hellish relationship which is currently still causing problems (summons issued this week for £13k she's decided not to repay as agreed).

Now? The one who got away, the clever, funny, fit girl who was unfortunate enough to meet me in 27-29 year old period above is back. I'd never cheat on her again and she knows it. Never been happier and bounder/cad days are over.

does promoting club nights constitute a midlife crisis??!? we must discuss this in depth at the boat party!

This could be a film :lol:

does promoting club nights constitute a midlife crisis??!? we must discuss this in depth at the boat party!

I think in when you haven't been clubbing for years and it's in conjunction with ditching your longterm gf, buying a relatively flash girl and shagging about a lot, it probably does, yes:lol:

I think in when you haven't been clubbing for years and it's in conjunction with ditching your longterm gf, buying a relatively flash girl and shagging about a lot, it probably does, yes:lol:

so the night i met you in Manc with Rob and Dan was when you had split up with the dutch girl??

A few quiet drinks that turn into a messy session...
Having no expectations somehow make these nights the ultimate winners.

8)

Foolish on my part. We were on holiday in Mexico and I knew it wasn't going to last, we'd settled too young and I wanted to see other people, that was the truth of it. I decided to finish with her the week we returned. When we got back to my flat (where she lived for nothing) the phone was ringing. Her Dad had dropped dead from a heart-attack, without any warning whatsover, the day before:(. Couldn't leave her, she was in pieces, and I (foolishly, in hindsight) did whatever made her a tiny bit happier wherever I could. This included buying a house with my money and putting it both our names. Two years when she was 'well' enough for me to say I wanted out, that was the stick her solicitor beat me with. There was no deal for me to get my deposit back, nor the money I'd spent on decoration (including a brand new kitchen) etc, it was negotiate a settlement, or sell the house, pay the mortgage and split the profit.

Worst thing was she'd suggested when we bought the house that we contract somehow to protect my investment and I'd opted simply to trust her and she gave her word. I reminded her of this, but once her mother and solcitors got into her, all honour went out the window. I'd loved her since I was 16 though, in as much as you can at that age and in retrospect, I'm glad she got what turned out to be the deposit on her first home from me. It's only money after all.

I managed to hang on to the house and the flat luckily, if I'd have lost either to such a

Buckers man thats such a good story and well respect to you. Sound like a decent guy. PS can i lend a tenner :p.

Strange how the bad things that happen sculpt your life and sometime make you realise what you really want in life. If you ever extend that mid life crisis and need to charter a private jet - please let me know.

Yeah, was deffo Danny T, so if it was 2008, that was the hellish one, post Dutch girl. Unfortunately, I didn't stay split up with her:spank:

just checked - it was 2008. i know it was the day of a merseyside derby defeat at goodison so looked for the results.

having said that, that means it probably could have virtually any year!

A few quiet drinks that turn into a messy session...
Having no expectations somehow make these nights the ultimate winners.

8)

Ive had 2 of these with work recently (due to a new character at work dragging everyone out), one being last Friday, was so much fun as no expectations, ended up last train home saga - love that

So many pleasures…………waking up at 6am in the morning and then realising It is Saturday and falling straight back to sleep. Hearing a song and almost feeling what you did when you heard it in a club, dirty field, party; good times, getting into clean and fresh bed after days of partying, Ibiza, festivals, coming up for the first time, my amazing chicken roast, Sunday club, music, my friends both close and social, the nervous feeling I get nearly every weekend before I go out and knowing that the excitement is not better than that night itself but I actually am gonna have that much fun, boys, men, sex, food, Saturday afternoons reading with the XX or Norah Jones for company, closing a deal (business or pleasure ;)), Christmas morning with the family, Christmas night with the friends, never being able to say no, having friends that never say no, getting through suicide Tuesday with a smile on my face, did I mention Ibiza??

Back