Gatecrasher @ Amnesia

Barbie said:
Robo said:
to be honest, i think they will struggle!!

why?, well here's my reasoning.

On tuesdays in both ibiza town and san an you have strong nights. in ibiza town you have underwater, and san an you have clockwork and gallery.

Gatecrasher are not a dominant force in ibiza.

On tuesday's you either go ibiza or san an.

still i'll be there!

IMO I think Gatecrasher will do really well this year just cos there is a lack of quality trance on the island, apart from Cream. I wouldn't class Clockwork, Tonic, Slinky etc as quality trance from a world-recognised brand. Amnesia works for trance nights as well.

To be honest I think Underwater will be a loser this year, unless they get some cracking guests (like Fatboy at Opening) I don't think Darren Emerson is a big enough name on his own esp with Sanchez one side of him and Erick and Ministry the other.

Testify!!!

jigsaw said:
Testify!!!

Just a bit concerned about Tidy being there as well :rolleyes: They'd have been better to have something like Bed instead of Tidy even if it was just the residents like Corey.

Robo said:
barbie - as always i agree about tidy!

i think thats a bad move

Deffo should have done something like Bed instead or is that me just been selfish so that when the trance gets too much for an old bint like me I can retire outside for a bit of funky house. What the funk am I going to do now if I need to escape trance, go and bosh it out with all the hard house ket kids :rolleyes: :eek:

Hard House just doesn't work in Ibiza, look at Sundisential a couple of years ago and that was when Hard House was at its peak, they quit Eden part way thru the season cos numbers were so low.

esp somewhere like the amnesia terace!!
hard house dosen't go in the main room at amnesia let alone the terrace!!

cream have it right i think! quality trance in the main room and quality house on the terace1

Robo said:
esp somewhere like the amnesia terace!!
hard house dosen't go in the main room at amnesia let alone the terrace!!

cream have it right i think! quality trance in the main room and quality house on the terace1

Exactly my son!!!!

Same with Gods and Babooshka.

Oh well we shall see, always amusing seeing the hard house kids :lol:

Barbie said:
jigsaw said:
Testify!!!

Just a bit concerned about Tidy being there as well :rolleyes: They'd have been better to have something like Bed instead of Tidy even if it was just the residents like Corey.

Does seem strange Scott and Simon own Bed as well and its a much more suited choice...

i predict nearly empty terace
banging main room ( i hope)

when the terrace is empty its bad! the music is very echoey!!

Robo said:
i predict nearly empty terace
banging main room ( i hope)

when the terrace is empty its bad! the music is very echoey!!

It'll be that rammed in the main, people will have no choice but to be in the terrace..

Maybe crasher wanted to try something different on the terrace as funky house is the norm. It might work as a lot of the trance heads can easily stomp along to hard house. I think they should have gone for funky/bouncy hard house (Rachel Auburn, Lisa Pin-up, etc) rather then the nosebleed Tidy sound. But overall I def. agree they should have had Bed in the terrace as they are the sister club of crasher and could have used residents and a special guest or two, its nice to chill there as well after a marathon set from Tiesto and friends!!!!!!!! :)

Judging by the storm which Gods kicked up in amnesia, Gatecrasher, who, lets be honest, are as near as dammit identical to Gods, will be one of the top nights on the island.

Agree with Babs that
a) the ket kids are fun to watch
b) the terrace at amnesia is NOT the place for HHouse
c) Underwater might not be as popular as it might be.

But anybody who is anybody will be at Garlands at Pin-Up on a tuesday night

Robo said:
garlands!! forgot about them.
see thats another reason why i think they will struggle....

Or we'll all be saving our energy for an all day Soul Heaven sesh and then on to Erick :eek: :p ;

rustywoo said:
Judging by the storm which Gods kicked up in amnesia, Gatecrasher, who, lets be honest, are as near as dammit identical to Gods, will be one of the top nights on the island.

Agree with Babs that
a) the ket kids are fun to watch
b) the terrace at amnesia is NOT the place for HHouse
c) Underwater might not be as popular as it might be.

GK and GC are not the same..

Look at GC NEC
Look at GK NEC

maybe on the surface but really aren't in fact..

Honestly jigsaw, Ive been to both and the difference is pretty minimal. Lasers, lights, trance and pilled up people, you split the hairs, I can't :eek:

i know the owners of both and there approach to the business is very different and that does shine through..

One thing splits GC and Gk (atmosphere) and these days attendance.

Gc - amnesia will be fresh.

rustywoo said:

Dont agree with that..

if you think they'll recreate the magic of them free parties then you'll be very wrong.. it just wont be the same...

Gatecrasher only failed in Ibiza last time because they were trying to be clever....ok who knows what they were trying to do but it wasn't to be themselves. Trance may not be as popular as it was a couple of years back but there are still plenty of people (like me) who LOVE trance and would not miss this night on the island for the world!!!!! For me personally there's no competition whatsoever and to be honest I'll be glad if it's not TOO heaving!

Back