funky house

Dr Fox said:
Miami 2003 has some corkers that we should hear spinning come summer....Lee Cabrera - shake it....a potential Kid Creme/Shake down anthem nontheless. E-funk - shout and Louie Vega/Julie Mcknight - Diamond Life is going to be a classic, round that off with Jay Dee - Plastic Dreams mixed with Donna Summers - I feel love...need i say more.

Bought Miami 2003 on Saturday, very impressed. I can see Plastic Dreams making a big reappearance this summer - Erick closed his set in Miami with it and Kenny Dope played it at Ministry a couple of wks back which is all good cos you can't beat a bit of Plastic Dreams :D

ha-ha....that's the one.....Can't go wrong with Julie Mcknight, she should team up with Kid Creme....second thoughts they'd better not....it'd be lights out and I'm off to Disco Heaven quicker than expected!

IBIZALISA said:
Dr Fox said:
Got Disco Heaven on.......Praise Cats - Shined on me.......oh dear.....I'm all funked up!!!

Disco Heaven their latest???

Yes indeedy! Came out a couple of weeks ago.

Babs, you've got taste my dear...it's a Northern trait....we've got soul!

To be quite honest, I think you'd all LOVE my cd I made at the end of last year. Here's the tracklisting.

1. Octave One feat. Ann Saunderson - Blackwater (Strings Vocal mix)

1a. Jon Cutler feat E-Man - Its Yours (e-acapella)

1b Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (acapella)

2. Hott 22 pres. Summer in the City - Sunshine Daze

2a. Todd Terry - The Preacher (Preacherpella)

2b. Warren Clarke feat Kathy Brown - Give it up (acapella)

3. Dina Vass - The Love I Have For You (Full Intention mix)

4. John 'Julius' Knight - Find a Friend (Original mix)

4a. Lolleata Holloway - Dreamin' (acapella)

5. Cleptomaniacs feat. Bryan Chambers - All I Do (Main mix)

6. Masters at Work feat. India - Backfired (Joey Negro Club mix)

6a. Public Enemy - Bring the Noise (acapella)

7. Kid Creme pres. Monkey Boie Rascal - Everybody's (Flying)

8. Gladys Knight and The Pips - Bourgie Bourgie (Pound Boys 'A Knight With
Ann' remix)

8a. Steve Maestre and Wilson Santos - Judgements and Misconceptions
(acapella)

9. Shakedown - At Night (Kid Creme 2003 re-edit)

10. Kid Creme feat. MC Shurakano - Down and Under (Original mix)

11. M-Gee - Bodyswerve (Original mix)

9a. Ruffneck feat. Yavahn - Everybody Be Somebody (acapella)

12. Praise Cats feat. Andrea Love - Shined on Me (Bini and Martini remix)

13. Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You (Pound Boys Stoneface Bootleg mix)

14. Thomas Bangalter and DJ Falcon vs Candi Staton - We've Got the Love
Together (Les Savvit Bootleg mix)

15. Together - So Much Love To Give (Much Love Bootleg)

If anyone fancies a copy, pm me your address, and Ill send you one.

I think I've beaten you to it Babs :lol: , can't believe I'm on this site at this time of night!! I'm taking the toaster in the shower with me, It's got to addictive!

I agree with you guys regarding Hed Kandi, yet I have to say I am so disappointed by the new Disco Heaven 02.03. The first half on CD2 is okay, but the rest is awful, every track sounds alike (with always the same voice). Okay you can probably use it as a soundtrack for a bad Hollywood drag queen movie (think Too Wong Foo) or a Christopher Street Day party for 40somethings+ but that's about it :cry:

x-amount said:

x-amount, I sent you a pm, the first I've ever sent and I just wanted to know if you received it or if I'm hexed! A quality line up of tracks there.....

Dr Fox said:
x-amount said:

x-amount, I sent you a pm, the first I've ever sent and I just wanted to know if you received it or if I'm hexed! A quality line up of tracks there.....

Awww bless you babe, that the first pm you've ever sent :p ;)

Thanks Leese, a sort of pm.....but i'll let you off. Hadn't even noticed that you could do it...ha-ha....how gormless? Doh!

Dr Fox said:
Thanks Leese, a sort of pm.....but i'll let you off. Hadn't even noticed that you could do it...ha-ha....how gormless? Doh!
Im sure I sent you one when you sent me that CD, or am I thinking of your proper e-mail addy?? DOH!!! The Essex comes out in me again! :confused:

IBIZALISA said:
Im sure I sent you one when you sent me that CD, or am I thinking of your proper e-mail addy?? DOH!!! The Essex comes out in me again! :confused:

Understandable tho, you are an Essex bird! :rolleyes: :p ;)

Back