Formentera

carltoon

Hi, I know there are some posts already on this but can anyone tell me if there are boats to Formentera from San Antonio and what times are they there and back?

I did this trip with my girlfriend. It was quite a few years ago but I imagine they probably still do it. To be honest though, it's a really long journey and a bit of a pain in the arse.

It took 2-3 hours to get there and then the same back, so you only get a few hours on Formentera. It was only a pretty small boat too, so it got pretty choppy once we got out to sea (I nearly vommed as I recall :)).

To be honest, you're much better off nipping down to Ibiza town on a bus or in a taxi and getting the ferry from there. From there, it only takes around 30 minutes.

Ferry times here:

http://www.trasmapi.com/ferry-ibiza-formentera/es/horario-ferry-ibiza-formentera.html

And they tried to charge me 114 euros to take my quad bike with me, on top of the fare! I would of gone but I hadn't brought enough money out with me on that particular day to pay, so I ended up not going :(

S'always next time. . .

From San An, take the bus to Ibiza town. Walk a short distance to Figuritas and three or four ferries leave from the front there and take around a hour to the island, and cost between 18 & 25 euros, depending on how quick they are.

They leave from the jetty in front of the large Ibiza Playa hotel, starting at 9.50 then 10.30, and a couple around 11am, and they return between 5 and 7pm.

Most stop at Playa Den Bossa on the way to pick more up. Some buses from San An pass close to PDB after passing the airport?

Ah, just managed to find this year's flyers. There is also a cheaper ferry, Aquabus, leaving at 11am and returning 6.30 & 7pm for 18e. But it's slow, very slow!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
THESE FLYERS ARE FOR 2010 and do not necessarily apply for 2011!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
same question! :D need fast boat from san an to formentera...
Same answer!
If you want to get to Formentera fast then hop on a bus to Ibiza town,then go to the port.
The reasons for this are outlined in HF's post #2,frequency,speed & distance :)

40 euro each way is a lot imo why is it so expensive..

Basically, there are 2 ferry companies (Trasmapi & Balearia), amusingly their prices and timetables are almost identical and whoever you buy your ticket off you can get on any of the ferries.

I suspect the possibility of a price-fixing arrangement...

So, for the cost of travelling the 12 miles or so by ferry I could probably get a flight from Manchester to Berlin.

But Jesus it's worth it...

A lot ot Italians base themselves in Formentera and then come over on a late ferry, go to Pacha, harrass people's girlfriends and then get the first ferry back in the morning.;)

thanks howard!! you made this pretty darn easy for me, so it costs me 18 euro each way to go from PDB to Formentera and back? for a total of 36 euro right? thats pretty reasonable and if that's the case, we're in!

^
You're more in than you thought,because that 18 euro each way is actually 18 euro return :eek:
Likewise,Ulises Cat 25e return, Capitan Hook 20e return.
I'd go for C.Hook,very reliable,if the times suit you....

you guys are awesome! its only 20 euro round trip and i can leave from PDB where im staying, damn thats pretty amazing, if anyone wants to come with my gf and i are gonna be in ibiza 9/9 thru 9/17 :D thanks Don and Harry !!

Yup, those prices on the flyers are returns. Just means you can't get back after 7pm, so you miss the fabulous Formentera sunset. Although in September that changes to the fabulous heavy cloud and thunderstorm-set.

Mind you, the 10-day forecast for Ibizatera is pretty fantastic right now!

I'd love to know the precentage of Formentera First-Timers who
a) hate the place because it's too darned quiet and boring
or
b) fall head-over-flipflops in love and can't think of anywhere better this side of Jupiter.

Put me down for a (b).

BTW I'm staying in Formentera Sept 11 'till 19th. If you come over, enjoy!

Here's my top tip - if you are staying on Ibiza and visit Formentera for the day, it's probably worth coming twice.
First time, forget the buses and have a wee while smooching around the port then head towards the beaches (on your left as you sail in). Try to go as far as you can until you reach as far as you can go (where the two sides converge and the beaches are just yards apart!). Keep track of time and your last ferry back!
Second time, get a bike or moped and follow the road around the salinas to es Pujols (main resort) and try out the beaches to the north of Es Pujols.
Don't be nudeophobic, large numbers of peeps don't bother with costumes.
Or, if you can fathom the timetables, try the buses. There is supposed to be an orange tourist bus to take you round the island which will be there as you arrive. Never been on it myself as I prefer to make my own way around.
If you are not American, go to the island's wee capital, San Fransisco. That means you can always say you have been to....!!

how bout if your half american? we will go to formentara and rent bikes most likely,thanks for the superb advice!

Thank you Howard H, I am off back in Sept, its been a couple of year, and before i book, i was tempted to stay in Figuretas, instead of San Antonio, as i hope to be going to Formentera a few days, i think probably best for me to stay at Fig, saving money instead going round from San Ant.
xx

Anyone know where abouts in Playa the boats pick up from on the way to Formentera? Don't want to go all the way to Figueretes only to come back on ourselves!

Anyone know where abouts in Playa the boats pick up from on the way to Formentera? Don't want to go all the way to Figueretes only to come back on ourselves!

There's a little pier at the north end of the beach before the prom bypasses a huge hotel. So unless you are in that hotel, simply go to the beach and turn left! If memory serves the pier is close to the Mare Nostrum, so if you pass that on the main road, the ferries are adjacent.

so has anyone caught the Aquabus, and how long does it take from PDB to Formentera
http://www.aquabusferryboats.com/in...ew=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=3&lang=es

I can see ferry times going out and coming back, but cant see how long it takes, unfortunately I cant read Spanish, can anyone please translate the page,
but if we get a few hours on the island Id rather do it that way, than pay the other prices,
http://www.trasmapi.com/ferry-ibiza-formentera/en/precio-ferry-ibiza-formentera.html,
its a big difference price wise.

so has anyone caught the Aquabus, and how long does it take from PDB to Formentera
http://www.aquabusferryboats.com/in...ew=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=3&lang=es

I can see ferry times going out and coming back, but cant see how long it takes, unfortunately I cant read Spanish, can anyone please translate the page,
but if we get a few hours on the island Id rather do it that way, than pay the other prices,
http://www.trasmapi.com/ferry-ibiza-formentera/en/precio-ferry-ibiza-formentera.html,
its a big difference price wise.

Aquabus takes the longest time of all the ferries, about an hour and a half (maybe a touch less). But if you're into chillin' out, a bit of Ibiza Sonica 95.2 on your 'phones, a glass or several of red in your hand, it's heaven. And it's just as slow/good coming back, streched out on the front deck ;)

NB I think it's the latest tourist (ie cheapest) ferry back, 1930; although on of the others is also 1930 - can't remember which one though. Anyone??

Back