Formentera

I think we,ve decided to go on the Ulises, the last one back is 7pm, which by the time is gets back to PDB, and we get the bus back into Ibiza, then get bus back to san an, we wont get back into san an till probably just before 9pm
Fingers crossed we,ll be doing that on our anniversary, we went there 2 years ago, and had a fantastic day, spent on the beach, this time we plan on looking round the island a bit more,
We heard about the Pirata bus, and the Blue bar, does anyone know if they still play music during the day , couldnt see anything on their websites, we got told about one of them playing Bob Marley etc type of music during the day,
I know the Pirata bus was there in the 60s, found out the story a few years ago,so would like to see it,but the Blue Bar seems to talk about their music, but it looks like its only evening time, or is it Djs at night and recorded music during the day
thanks
Heather x

heather, I don't want to make this more complicated than it already is but....
if you are coming from San An to Ibiza bus station it's a short 15-20 min walk to Figueretas where you can buy tickets/get on the boat. That will save you waiting/paying for another bus,wondering where to get off,and still having to find your way to the boat....I should have just said Fig closer than PdB...

Okay thanks Simon, but how easy is it to get to the point where the ferry picks you up in Figueretas, I know when you get off the bus in Ibiza you walk straight down the road to Ibiza port where the other ferries leave from, but how do you get to the Figueretas pick up point,
Dont want to spend our anniversary getting lost, :lol:, and then quite leterally miss the boat,:lol::lol:
It does sound easier walking than hanging about waiting for buses, and by the time we wait for a bus , then the bus journey, we could probably get there a lot quicker walking,
I will remember not to pick cactus fruit this time we go walking on the outskirts of Ibiza town,last time I thought, ohh you can eat cactus fruit, hubby said dont think thats a good idea, oops too late, lots of *****ly stems in my fingers,
Last time we went for a long walk we ended up in not a very nice place, hope the walk doesnt take us past there again, we ended up near some cave looking holes near the water, up on the hill, but they caves stunk, and were full of rubbish, was a bit of a shock seeing those, dont even know how we got there, just hope we dont end up there again,

Okay thanks Simon, but how easy is it to get to the point where the ferry picks you up in Figueretas, I know when you get off the bus in Ibiza you walk straight down the road to Ibiza port where the other ferries leave from, but how do you get to the Figueretas pick up point,
Dont want to spend our anniversary getting lost, :lol:, and then quite leterally miss the boat,:lol::lol:
It does sound easier walking than hanging about waiting for buses, and by the time we wait for a bus , then the bus journey, we could probably get there a lot quicker walking,
I will remember not to pick cactus fruit this time we go walking on the outskirts of Ibiza town,last time I thought, ohh you can eat cactus fruit, hubby said dont think thats a good idea, oops too late, lots of *****ly stems in my fingers,
Last time we went for a long walk we ended up in not a very nice place, hope the walk doesnt take us past there again, we ended up near some cave looking holes near the water, up on the hill, but they caves stunk, and were full of rubbish, was a bit of a shock seeing those, dont even know how we got there, just hope we dont end up there again,

Instead of getting off the bus and heading towards the port, you get off and head in the opposite direction!
Get off at the "bus station" so as you step down you turn left. Carry on westwards/with the sun behind you for 10/15' until the road (Isador Macabaith) bends. Follow the bends and keep on that road, dead straight for another 10/15' and you will reach the coast (around Hotel Figuritas). There, turn right, along the beach for another 5' and you arrive at Hotel Ibiza Playa, the ferrys leave from directly in front.)
There is a slightly quicker way, but it means zig-zagging through the town, which it's easy to get lost.

If you go back the way you came, you will pass bus stops to San An with the times.

I was just going to describe a zig-zag route! best not I suppose.heather,you need to get yourself a map...

This thread = gold, thanks everyone :) Reckon we will go for Ulises too...just have to hope we can get up for 11am the morning after our first night!

Thanks guys, it sounds clear enough but I think I will definately get a map, saves us the risk of getting lost,

Just dug out this year's timetables I brought home.

Captain Hook; e20,- ret
Figueritas 10.30
Playa den Bossa 10.45
return 17.30 and 18.30

Aqua Bus; e19,- ret
Figuretas 9.30
Figuretas 10.45
Figuretas 11.00
Figuretas 11.45
Playa D Bossa 9.45
Playa D Bossa 10.30
Playa D Bossa 11.15
Playa D Bossa 12.00
return at 17.00, 18.30 and 19.30

Ulises e20,- ret
Figueretas 9.50
Figueretas 11.10
Playa D Bossa 10.00
Playa D Bossa 11.00
return at 17.00 and 19.00

Times and prices are subject to change (so don't sue me!!!)

Ive now printed off a map thanks to this site x
so you go up Isadore Macabich then down Carrer Del pals Malenciano, to the bottom then just walk along the beach, to the hotel,
I presume thats right ??

You have lost me now! Get off the bus ,turn left,walk to the traffic lights,cross the road-left.
there's a park on your right,walk straight across,you pass fountain/memorial, or take the street either side of this park.
keep walking till you get to a bigger road (one way,traffic coming from your right) this is avenida espanya,turn right,keep walking till you see a glimpse of the sea/beach on your left,go down there you should be on Figueretas prom,go to the right,high hotel Ibiza Playa then May y Playa apartments, should be someone selling tickets right in front...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive now printed off a map thanks to this site x
so you go up Isadore Macabich then down Carrer Del pals Malenciano, to the bottom then just walk along the beach, to the hotel,
I presume thats right ??
I think I'm with you now,is that the spelling on your map?

All mine have Carrer del pais Valencia.

Whatever, a short detour.

I am definitely going to Formentera for a mid-holiday rest on the Friday now, thanks for the valuable info.

Just a bit of info for ya - I went to Formentera and was told the main beaches are a distance away from the ferry port and each other. When you book your ferry you be offered bike hire or a coach ticket - the coaches drop at the first beach which is about 15 minutes away from the ferry port, and then again at another beach about 15 minutes further round.

We didnt realise this , so ended up with about 2 hours sunbathing time because of the coach journeys, drop offs and pick ups and the time we planned to come back - so if you like to sunbathe, bear it in mind for the time you are planning on setting off and returning. Obviously this might be different if you go to other beaches, but its worth noting because you might end up with a lot less time than you bargained for!

Just a bit of info for ya - I went to Formentera and was told the main beaches are a distance away from the ferry port and each other. When you book your ferry you be offered bike hire or a coach ticket - the coaches drop at the first beach which is about 15 minutes away from the ferry port, and then again at another beach about 15 minutes further round.

We didnt realise this , so ended up with about 2 hours sunbathing time because of the coach journeys, drop offs and pick ups and the time we planned to come back - so if you like to sunbathe, bear it in mind for the time you are planning on setting off and returning. Obviously this might be different if you go to other beaches, but its worth noting because you might end up with a lot less time than you bargained for!
As you depart the ferry at La Sabina, and turn left (eastwards) and walk to the end of the road, then you hit a path/cycleway. That's about 10 mins walking tops, and the pathway then takes you past come sandy coves, and in another 10-15 mins you hit the main beach. That beach goes on for about two miles, the further you walk the better it gets, but the tourist bus hits the beach about half-way to the end. So it is possible to walk to the beaches quite easily.
I think the tourist bus is expensive and doesn't do the job, one other alternative is to get off the ferry and turn right, to the main ferry terminal, and catch the L1 ordinary bus. There's a big bus stop outside the terminal.
It's half-hourly, circular (clockwise)and will take you to the start of the main beach (but not as close as the tourist bus), then around the salt-lake to Es Pujols, the main resort. From there it goes around the circuit back to La Sabina. At any point between La Sabina and Es Pujols you can get off and walk across the dunes to some of the best beaches in Europe.

When I've got a few mins spare I'll do a map and all the stop-off points for the L1.

Here is the map of the L1 route. It follows the red road clockwise, and the dots and arrows are the bus stops for the beat beaches.

Click on to expand

any idea whereabouts playa de migjorn is,and where we,d get off the bus theres a couple of bars we want to go to there,
We,re planning on seeing Piratabus and The bluebar, has anyone done these and what do they think

Last edited by a moderator:
Back