Formentera advice

If you cycle or take a scooter make sure you don't forget sunglasses. Because of the dirt road areas you get blinded by thick dust every time a car goes past. Speaking from personal experience !
Never happend to me?

we were over in formentera on saturday. we had a perfect day - the weather was great and the island wasn't too full yet. we are actually planning to go back again this weekend, we loved it!

same as with ibiza, the main spots and beaches you discover pretty quickly, but we noticed there are still a few beaches and spots we still haven't been so more formentera discovery on the cards before it gets too busy over there!

Stivi,Torre des Pi des catala´,will be open 10 to 13 Saturday. It´s reformed and you can get inside.
Not so far from Chiringuito 62.

i have an ex who works at the Roca Bella (Es Pujols). I stayed there once for free many years back - super-chilled vibe (higher-end Italian clientele mostly I think)

we were over in formentera on saturday. we had a perfect day - the weather was great and the island wasn't too full yet. we are actually planning to go back again this weekend, we loved it!

same as with ibiza, the main spots and beaches you discover pretty quickly, but we noticed there are still a few beaches and spots we still haven't been so more formentera discovery on the cards before it gets too busy over there!

Kiosk 62. Great for Mojito and sunset. Even more impressive when the lights go off and the milky way lights up the sky.

good call, we will play it by ear.. however keep in mind hot is relative, it is 30 celsius outside my office window today and its only March. :lol:
Update: we did this on Monday, and it was a hot day. We cycled with the kids sat in back from the port to Sant Francesc Xavier, turned around and went to Illetes to spend a few beach hours in a cove before cycling back to port to catch the ferry.

I was good for more, but the wife was a bit tested going to SFX as it has a gradual hill to climb. Overall she said she would bike again, but direct to Illetes.

Next trip over i may convice the fam over to espalmador for the day. We picked up a pamplet for Barca Bahia. Its time toget ma full day nekket on :lol:. Anyone ever use that boat? Thinking of tomorrow.

Hey guys need some Formentera / Ferry advice.

I want to go from PDB to Formentera and I am trying to leave early (8-9AM) and get there ASAP. Rent a scooter (or bicycle, which one?) and explore the island as much as possible and come back as late as possible in the evening, perhaps at sunset which is around 9:00 PM.

I noticed the tickets on here for aquabus return times were a bit off?

Where can I get tickets for something like this?
Which service should I use?
Any advice to avoid getting hustled?

Hey guys need some Formentera / Ferry advice.

I want to go from PDB to Formentera and I am trying to leave early (8-9AM) and get there ASAP. Rent a scooter (or bicycle, which one?) and explore the island as much as possible and come back as late as possible in the evening, perhaps at sunset which is around 9:00 PM.

I noticed the tickets on here for aquabus return times were a bit off?

Where can I get tickets for something like this?
Which service should I use?
Any advice to avoid getting hustled?

Better off from Ibiza port. Much quicker. Balearia or Transmapi you can book online.

You'll see more of the island on a scooter.

Would also go with either balearia or trasmapi as you'll be able to catch a later boat home.

You'll see more of the island on a scooter.

Would also go with either balearia or trasmapi as you'll be able to catch a later boat home.

Thank you!
Do you recommend the 50cc or 125cc?

Also, better to rent it from the trasmapi site or rent it when I get on the island?
It's coming out to about 70Euros for the round trip ticket and scooter right now on Trasmapi.

Thank you!

Also, better to rent it from the trasmapi site or rent it when I get on the island?
It's coming out to about 70Euros for the round trip ticket and scooter right now on Trasmapi.

Dunno anything about Mopeds sorry.

If you really want maximum balearic vibes hire an old Citroen Mehari.... might struggle if you can't drive stick though.

Thank you!

125cc is better but you need a proper driving license for that.
70€ sounds about right for peak season formentera ferry fare plus a scooter. it's not a cheap day out but believe me, you won't regret it.

FFS wish I'd thought of the hire car thing before didn't even occur to me that you can't take a hire care from ibiza to formentera...! Silly me!

If we are scheduled to land around 3pm, realisitic to think we'll make Formentera for about 6?
Will be carless now so taxi to port and then will need to pick car up the other side.

FFS wish I'd thought of the hire car thing before didn't even occur to me that you can't take a hire care from ibiza to formentera...! Silly me!

If we are scheduled to land around 3pm, realisitic to think we'll make Formentera for about 6?
Will be carless now so taxi to port and then will need to pick car up the other side.
scooter.php

Back