Formentera advice

Out of interest, who was the ferry operator? And did you just rock up and get that price or was a haggle involved? And time did it depart/return?
Yes, I just turned up, looked at the timetable at the desk and wanted the car ferry out at 11.30am and jet return at 7.30pm*, over 40e. But the girl suggested to me that getting the car ferry back at 6.30 would be 20e plus freebies, no haggling, it was offered! Ferry is run by Baleria and they do have website offers if you pick in advance, but never tried that.
I would be interested if these turn-up offers happen in summer. *Might have been 7pm, can't remember!

Yes, I just turned up, looked at the timetable at the desk and wanted the car ferry out at 11.30am and jet return at 7.30pm*, over 40e. But the girl suggested to me that getting the car ferry back at 6.30 would be 20e plus freebies, no haggling, it was offered! Ferry is run by Baleria and they do have website offers if you pick in advance, but never tried that.
I would be interested if these turn-up offers happen in summer. *Might have been 7pm, can't remember!

Might give that a go in a couple of weeks, cheers!

Got the ferry from Ibiza town to Formentera a few summers ago. A coach was waiting for us at the ferry terminal which took the foot passengers to the bigger ship. Journey to Formentera was about an hour. Enjoyed the short cruise. Got the bus to the northern beach at Playa de illetas. Cost around 20 euros for a return ticket. The weather was sunny for most of the day and the experience was pretty good. I explored only one part of the island, so next time I plan to see much more.

Here are some photos I took the day I went to Formentera. :)

Formentera05.jpg

Formentera06.jpg

Formentera07.jpg

Formentera08.jpg

Formentera09.jpg

Formentera19.jpg

Formentera10.jpg

Formentera11.jpg

Formentera12.jpg

Good thing about the larger ferry is, it may be slower but the waves won't splash the people on the top deck, you can walk about at leisure, and the ship was steady all the way to Formentera.

:)

Last edited:
On the return on the big ferry, it docked on the Talamanca side of Ibiza harbour and we were bussed back to the terminal. Nice little extra experience!
Inside the ferry;
23vnino.jpg

Was thinking of doing the trip that Spotlight has on its excursion page, think it is called Formentera Explorer and costs 75e each. Is this a good trip, or should we just get a boat (which one ha) over and go for a wonder?

The ferry from San An takes a long time ,1.30 hour or more. From Figueretas or Playa d´en Bossa depend where you take it 45min or an hour and it´s 20-22 euros, Ibiza town ca. 43 euros,Aquabus got some wery small boats so we used to take
the 2 comp.that work together Ulysses Cat ad Capt. Hook,if you book a bicycle or moped you get a very good price. will be there 3 times this year Apr./may, 4 nights in July will have the Fower Power party in Es Pujols while we´re there.
2 nice places to swimm is Playa Llevante and Mitjorn at Km 11 where you got the famous Piratabus Bar and Flipper & Chiller

Recommendations for any nice bars/restaurants over on Formentera or other nice things to do on a day trip?

Stivi, I was just looking at the aqua bus prices on spotlight to go to Formentera and they are 20 euro return each, is this the same if you just arrive and pay when your there or is it more expensive? Does this also apply to the cycle and scooter rental?

Stivi, I was just looking at the aqua bus prices on spotlight to go to Formentera and they are 20 euro return each, is this the same if you just arrive and pay when your there or is it more expensive? Does this also apply to the cycle and scooter rental?

I genuinely don´t know.

Don 't know about pricing but keep in mind that those boat will drop you off on the beach and not in the port where you can hire scooter ...the boat that goes from the Ibiza port till Formantera port is Balearic and 2 others ( don't remember the name)

aquabus to formentera from Ibiza town stops in the port or at least that's were we got off and on it last year the ones in Ibiza town are fairly large boats we did the spotlight package that included scooters nice and easy

The aqua bus is slower than the normal ferries as far as I'm lead to believe. I know it felt like an age when I got one of the "party boat trips out there which was an aqua bus.

Back