Films....

Has anyone seen the film American assassin? Not a great film by any stretch but the opening scene is terrifying as it’s set in Ibiza....is the scene actually set in Ibiza or elsewhere? it didn’t look like it to me, just curious

Avengers: Infinity War trailer is out. Hyped for this

Saw Justice League on Tuesday. Wouldn't see it again

`The Disaster Artist`.
Not sure if its very clever or absolute shite, i couldn't switch it off though.

Bohemian Rhapsody 6/10

strictly for the fans. bit of a strange film - feels like we know everything there is to know about Queen and you watch it wondering what the actual point of the film is and yet aspects still managed to amuse and move me. FWIW I still think Freddie Mercury was the last of the genuinely charismatic rock stars (has anyone ever topped Radio GaGa at Live Aid?! anyone?) and there is endless material there but this felt very airbrushed and sanitised and awkward around the 'gay thing'... no references to the infamous Sun City or Argentina tours or the threat from punk or the wider musical climate and nothing that ever indicated what he was really thinking, so the mystery remains. Good acting from the lead and top support cast. The actor who played Brian May couldn't be more Brian May if he tried (lol). Did any actor ever get a real life character more accurately? Nothing about Ibiza either or those wild bacchanalian orgies (good ol wholesome family entertainment all the way) or that famous paean to the city I live in. Would have been fun to see KU re-enacted. Perhaps they wanted to end it on a high before he wasted away? Unfortunately I think these kinds of hagiographical musical bios rarely work - only Spinal Tap ever really nailed rock culture and for all the wrong reasons!

Back