Films....

xxVic-zeexx

I didnt wana pollute the weekend thread with me babbling on about films, so i thought id babble on in this one :lol:

Thought it would be a good idea to air what people think / opinions on new film releases either on dvd or the cinema or the like 8) especially as it seems alot of us on here do like a good film :D

Cinema - Just go with it - Saw this with the girls on wednesday and it was F**kin hilarious, its got adam sandler and jenifer aniston in it and it exceeded my expectations, definately a must see film....

Random weekend dvd Friday - The boy in striped pjs - Simple yet touching film set in the war, related the the concentration camps etc and a relationship that forms between 2 children, good watch.

Random weekend dvd saturday - Dead Silence - Wicked film, was very shocked at how good actually, its a horror with ventriliquism (spelt wrong probably :lol:) but the story line and twist os very clever - a must see, so good i went n ordered it off of ebay yesterday :D

To watch - Paranormal activity - Havent seen this one yet, il save this one for when i can jump into someones lap without feeling embarassed :lol:

wow i sound like a right film geek, dont worry im out on the piss this weekend so doubt il be able to function a dvd player or keep my eyes open long enough to watch and understand a film :lol:

Dead Silence - sounds a bit like a 70's film with Anthony Hopkins - very chilling in its time....

not really a rom com kind of person so the first doesnt appeal

Got Paranormal Activity on my LoveFilm list and the second one...

Watched Let the Right One In the other weekend - actually really enjoyed that a lot - started off really really slow but stick with it.....

Saw True Grit last week. Thought it was very average. Not a bad film , but not that good either. The gag of the super strong/intelligent 14yr old girl had ran pretty thin by the end I thought

True grit was ok and i felt a little disappointed after all the hype, "no country for old men" is far far better.
Also saw PAUL last weekend and it was better then expected, worth a watch.

Saw True Grit last week. Thought it was very average. Not a bad film , but not that good either. The gag of the super strong/intelligent 14yr old girl had ran pretty thin by the end I thought

I saw The Kings Speech last week - well worth a watch, not sure it lives up to hype for me personally but a super noisy cinema and me and my mum sitting separately prob didnt help!! :lol:

Really want to see Black Swan - just have to brace myself as heard there are a few "squirmy" bits

I saw The Kings Speech last week - well worth a watch, not sure it lives up to hype for me personally but a super noisy cinema and me and my mum sitting separately prob didnt help!! :lol:

Really want to see Black Swan - just have to brace myself as heard there are a few "squirmy" bits

Ive only heard about this kings speech film, never saw it advertised or anything just heard all good things about it...dont think id waste cinema time on it tho...

as for the black swan....defo a dvd watch thats for sure

Ive only heard about this kings speech film, never saw it advertised or anything just heard all good things about it...dont think id waste cinema time on it tho...

as for the black swan....defo a dvd watch thats for sure

Yeah think I may save for DVD so I can skip the gruesome bits :eek::lol:

Meant to be parts of self harming and bluddy feet etc

I remember when i was younger and two of my school friends did ballet together, and one day my friend said to me 'i have metal tipped ballet shoes but dont tell natalia'....obviously i was none the wiser what the hell this meant, but i have since come to learn ballet really does take it out on your toes and can and is mighty painful if you become a proffesional ballet dancer especially over many years of doing it...:eek:

so i can imagine the film showing the hard hitting side to ballet...defo a film to be watched in the comfort of your own home

I remember when i was younger and two of my school friends did ballet together, and one day my friend said to me 'i have metal tipped ballet shoes but dont tell natalia'....obviously i was none the wiser what the hell this meant, but i have since come to learn ballet really does take it out on your toes and can and is mighty painful if you become a proffesional ballet dancer especially over many years of doing it...:eek:

so i can imagine the film showing the hard hitting side to ballet...defo a film to be watched in the comfort of your own home

Its meant to be pretty dark and deep - psychological

There is a German film out there called Das Experiment. Throw on some subtitles and watch it, it's a brilliant Psychological film

Really enjoyed the Fighter, thought True Grit was pretty good too

Quite liked Beyond Borders as well

really ? you liked fighter ? god i thought that was a dull film....the only think ineteresting with that film was the hill billy family :lol:

i think it was a bit of a let down role for mark walhberg :(

Watch Hotel Rawanda, great film.

Hits home how good we have things in this country at times.

True story and shoe's how good some people can be during war etc.

Also the 'Piano' is a class film, true story about WW2.

Both come highly recomended but dont watch either if you are looking for a light hearted comedy.

Back