Films....

Watched the George Clooney-directed version of Catch-22. Very good- well acted, well scripted, well directed and well paced. Not enough bloody dragons in it for my liking though ?

I went and saw Official Secrets...true story and excellent. Me and my companion had the whole cinema to ourselves and there was lots of shouting about illegal Iraq war etc

It wont be receiving any academy nominations, but I thought The Gentlemen was very entertaining.

Although I knew the face was familiar, it took me a while to click that Vaal (of Afterlife) was in it! I hadn't read anywhere that she was going to be - anybody else?

For anybody who doesn't know, she is Sting's daughter, who of course starred in Lock, Stock. Love little references like that.

Lots of cinema references in this one

Last edited:
Beats has snuck on to Now TV cinema... so it's either that or a remake of Cronenberg's Rabid (which I didn't even know existed until 5 mins ago) tonight. :lol:

Watched Jojo Rabbit at the weekend, which was ace. Funny, sad and uplifting in equal measures
Most looking forward to Greed though! Looks like it's a loosely-based swipe at Phillip Green. Did wonder if some of it might have been shot on Ibiza, but apparently it's partially set in Mykonos

Watched Jojo Rabbit at the weekend, which was ace. Funny, sad and uplifting in equal measures
Most looking forward to Greed though! Looks like it's a loosely-based swipe at Phillip Green. Did wonder if some of it might have been shot on Ibiza, but apparently it's partially set in Mykonos
Yeah it's very good.. I knew nothing about it beforehand.. definitely watch it again..

Ended up watching Beats (a film set around a couple of kids in 1994 in West Lothian, Scotland, going to a rave). Thought it was quite well done.

It's probably a bit better than Human Traffic. <controversial>Human Traffic just looks like a load of rave cliches now.</controversial>

Both Human Traffic and Beats have got managed to get certain bits, nail on the head right.
Particularly around the biscuits.

Back