Films....

The best scene.. being Irish we had no idea what he was talking about at the time.. lol but the scene and what an actor William Fichtner is..... and the bit where he wiping his hands on the bed... Lol

Re-watched Dead Man's Shoes the other night starring Paddy Considine. Brilliant film.

Such an epic film, it must have cult status now. Paddy Considine plays a great part.

I remember watching it for the first time, it was just randomly on the TV one night.

It blew me away!

And you know, deep in your heart, that you would like to do exactly the same if you were in his position.

Such an epic film, it must have cult status now. Paddy Considine plays a great part.

I remember watching it for the first time, it was just randomly on the TV one night.

It blew me away!

And you know, deep in your heart, that you would like to do exactly the same if you were in his position.
Can't argue with that.

Anyone else seen this? (Currently on Netflix.)

It's pretentious and provocative and has a great soundtrack. If you've never seen anything by its director before, tread carefully.

One of my faves that. Did you clock where it was going the first time you watched it?

Don't think I did, as far as I remember. I was actually disappointed by it on first viewing (having loved the soundtrack). From the reviews I think I was expecting something far more horrific and violent. :rolleyes: It was only on second viewing that I took the film on its own terms and started to love it. Seen it loads of times now. I find it quite emotional. ? There's such range and nuance in Paddy's performance.

Don't think I did, as far as I remember. I was actually disappointed by it on first viewing (having loved the soundtrack). From the reviews I think I was expecting something far more horrific and violent. :rolleyes: It was only on second viewing that I took the film on its own terms and started to love it. Seen it loads of times now. I find it quite emotional. ? There's such range and nuance in Paddy's performance.
Shane Meadows so it’s always gonna be good.

Back