Films involving/about ibiza

You can find more Dutch in Sant Joan than in Amsterdam...They are everywhere,buying everything,houses,shops,...
Good, I like the Dutch! I've only come across that one Dutch Bar - Cafe De Hoek (sp?) as compared to hundreds of English/British/Irish bars, and it's a relatively small bar too. I'd love to know if there are any more between Ibiza town and the southern end of PdB or even some out in the country.

Good, I like the Dutch! I've only come across that one Dutch Bar - Cafe De Hoek (sp?) as compared to hundreds of English/British/Irish bars, and it's a relatively small bar too. I'd love to know if there are any more between Ibiza town and the southern end of PdB or even some out in the country.
Personnaly i am not very happy to see some traditionnal spanish places replaced by Dutch "Vegan café store-concept" where no one speaks a f***in' word of spanish...

I know the Putumayo Cafe in Cala Gracio is (or was?) run by a friendly old Dutchman but it wasn't really a Dutch bar. It still felt very local, which is how I prefer it. It's a shame it wasn't as fun though the second time I went.

the cheezy music heard on this trailer doent announce something good :D
Sometimes when u listen to the soundtrack of a movie u can guess if the film will be good or not eg Cohen brother the big lebowski, o brother ....

I heard that it's not filmed in Ibiza because they didn't got a lisence. It's filmed in Croatia.

I had the misfortune to work on the vfx for this film. its true none of it was filmed in ibiza , the director didnt seem to care. we had to alter some of the landscapes to make it less mountainous amongst other things. all the club scenes were done in warehouses in croatia and possibly czeck republic.

I had the misfortune to work on the vfx for this film. its true none of it was filmed in ibiza , the director didnt seem to care. we had to alter some of the landscapes to make it less mountainous amongst other things. all the club scenes were done in warehouses in croatia and possibly czeck republic.

The Consell aren't too chuffed.... i doubt very much theres anything they can do about it.

https://theibizan.com/consell-threaten-legal-action-producers-netflix-ibiza-film/

What an absolute shower of shit! Mrs has just been watching it, caught about 15 mins.
Will Ferrell one of the producers :eek:

I think you're being too kind about it! :lol:

I had it downloaded to watch on a flight this weekend, and it was so bad I could barely get through a solid 15 minutes of it. It made reading the inflight magazine seem like a great way to pass the time by comparison.

I think ibiza77's comments above are right, that the movie wasn't actually filmed in Ibiza. From skimming the rest of the movie out of morbid curiosity, the first 30 minutes didn't even take place there (they were in NYC and Barcelona) and none of the rest was set in any of the iconic places you'd expect to see.

My expectations were low just from the previews, and it still was a massive disappointment.

Tried watching this yesterday, switched off after 15 mins or so. Fast forwarded through sections to try and get to actual footage of Ibiza before realizing we weren't going to get anything other than the inside of generic clubs and beaches.

Dialogue is shockingly awful - the bit on the plane where they're going from Barcelona to Ibiza made me sick into my mouth a little bit.

I know the Putumayo Cafe in Cala Gracio is (or was?) run by a friendly old Dutchman but it wasn't really a Dutch bar. It still felt very local, which is how I prefer it. It's a shame it wasn't as fun though the second time I went.
RIP rick devito

Back