Festivals 2011

Thanks for posting that Minimarc and good to see this is still alive and (just about) well in the UK - still bang the old Astral Projection on for a mental one so very tempted by this for next year !

Unfortunately i fell down the k hole on the sunday night having avoided the wonky all weekend. An unexpected trip of flying through the universe then an out of body experience was not what i had planned but I've def learned my lesson with that one.

:lol::lol::lol: - you wanna try getting caught out with a bus breaking down short of its destination and having to be physically removed from your seat whilst looking down and wondering who the idiot is that's causing all the trouble in there !! :oops: Lesson well and truly learned !!

:lol::lol::lol: - you wanna try getting caught out with a bus breaking down short of its destination and having to be physically removed from your seat whilst looking down and wondering who the idiot is that's causing all the trouble in there !! :oops: Lesson well and truly learned !!

hahahaha

just back from Melt! fest in Germany. Belter of a weekend. Rain was abit much yesturday but overall a fantastic time. will put some words together tomorrow

Headed to Field Day in a few weeks, always a good time there!

Boardmaster's the weekend after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret Garden Party 21-24 July

Anyone going to Secret Garden Party at the weekend ? Never been but they're clearly trying to follow in Burning Man's footsteps, albeit with a luxury edge which I'm not sure is 100% compatible... some impressive music lineups..

Kubicle are doing a takeover at the Pagoda Stage at some point w/Jamie Jones, Lee Foss, Robert James & Richy Ahmed, which looks a must (source : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pagoda-Stage-at-Secret-Garden-Party/160546617344719?sk=info)

Unfortunately regular tix are sold out. Neither my budget nor my conscience will stretch to £4 blooming k for a 'boutique camping package' in order to get hold of a festival ticket and too much on to stay the course & do it justice this year anyway. Would be really great to get some feedback tho' ...

Nostrum, were you at Gurtenfestival ? / Did you see Underworld or Jamiroquai ? Ibizarre is sharing the moments !!

It does look good :D
Managed to persuade other half since returning from Ibiza ( 30th June - 6th July). Turning the big 40 and been bitten by the bug yet again - still loving it !!!

Never been but they're clearly trying to follow in Burning Man's footsteps

How is the yuppie champagne swilling hooray fest that is Secret Garden ANYTHING like the crusty techno Pagan rites of Burning Man?

(unless Burning Man has changed dramatically)

It does look good :D
Managed to persuade other half since returning from Ibiza ( 30th June - 6th July). Turning the big 40 and been bitten by the bug yet again - still loving it !!!

:p:twisted: .. 3 more years as a 'dirty something' .. loving it as much now as ever and just can't see that changing :D .. reckon' we just get more appreciative with age :?:

How is the yuppie champagne swilling hooray fest that is Secret Garden ANYTHING like the crusty techno Pagan rites of Burning Man?

(unless Burning Man has changed dramatically)

No idea, mate - never been to it .. apparently they've been wandering around Burning Man "spreading the word" ... looks a bit of a nightmare to me tbh ...ok, yah ?

Charles : Shall we use the bridle, sweet ?

Camilla : No, darling - I'll just hand on to your ears ..

Last edited by a moderator:
SGP is really great - I just prefer a bit of punk spirit and car crash DiY creativity over camper vans, glamping and gazebos. :lol:

This new fangled concept of glamping is quite hilarious though...

Almost like a poor subsitute for San Tropez now that the s-w@nk classes have had their bonuses cut in the credit crunch.

Such a sign of the times. :lol:

Back