Festivals 2011

Yeah I am still a little bit on the fence with that one, I'd be just going along with some friends who are going. The whole "Do not rape anyone / Do not ask for money after having sex" section on their front page is disturbing to say the least... I guess their promotional vids have somewhat backfired on them :lol:
Don't worry. I've only heard good things from people.
The town it's in is a bit of a hole.
But it's another world once you're inside the site.
Knowing a little Russian might help though.

Even the famous hippys go to glade.....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/dscf1872.jpg/
dscf1872.jpg

and yes Bruce was maaashup

This year my only plan is SW4 (which I love) we have a coach load going from Bristol and then get picked up after Ministry on the funkbus. I had to say no to Glasto as at the time of booking I had to choose Ibiza or Glasto, sad times, my finances have changed and my mate has only managed to wangle a way to get me in SO NOW I AM GOING TO GLASTO woooooohooooooo (yes I am shouting it out) :)8):p

Nice One!
Im going to assume that the party will continue at the bunker after the bus drops u home from ministry??? :)

Just back from Glade , sunburnt , sans brain , massive smile.
report to follow when i can find my mind again

Cocoon in the park leeds. Not quite a festival though, more of a day on a field watching 4 djs do 3 hours minimal house/techno sets without having to camp overnight. Defo wanna do V festival or Glasto one year though. All my mates are going and im jealous

Ok im back in the game so here's a quick rundown of Glade 2011.

Best festival crowd ever. All ages from kids to 70yr olds and a real carefree hippy vibe to it. Hardly saw a face without a smile on. Everyone talking to each other and cracking jokes to strangers.
The psy trance stage is always a big feature of Glade and this year was no exception with a surround sound stack of Funktion 1's (which they used in every tent btw). The krusty crowd were stomping away , bare foot and generally messing around was really nice to see. Token naked-guy-on-acid provided a fair it of entertainment too.

The main 'Glade' stage was an open sided number which when we heard them soundchecking was phenomenally loud but seemed to quieten down the later it got.
Trentmoller was the first headliner i was botherd about seeing and after a 10 min ambient intro I'd had enough. London Electricity earlier in the day had been better although it was abit of a cheesefest but who cares. On the saturday it was a techno takeover with Joseph Capriati , SLAM , Paul Ritch and Adam Beyer. The visual setup on stage was so trippy i couldnt get my head round whether it was real or not. They were all really good tho took myself home as Adam Beyer strted for some reason :eek:

I think my favourite set was probs 2 Bad Mice playing loads of old uk hardcore / acid everyone was going bananas.

Its weird , Glade really isnt about going to see anyone particular , im struggling to name 'sets' that i saw , all i know is i went to a field , listened to loads of different types of music without knowing who they were and had a brilliant time.

Was abit worried as the guy who owns the land invited a load of locals down for free to come and check it out so there were these families walking around and i just hope they didnt see anything too illegal going on that might shock them. Glade is the biggest mash up ive ever seen , all sorts of things going around and some i'd never heard of. Unfortunately i fell down the k hole on the sunday night having avoided the wonky all weekend. An unexpected trip of flying through the universe then an out of body experience was no what i had planned but I've def learned my lesson with that one.

I would reccomend anyone to go to this festival. some people have described it as (perhaps abit over the top) the closest thing to Burning Man in the uk which is a pretty good acolade. They apparently have signed an agreement with the venue for the next 3 years so already looking forward to next year!

Next stop , Melt! in Germany...

Sounds like fun! That Melt! Festival looks pretty good too. I just checked out their webpage. Never heard of it before!

yeah i hadnt before last year. Sold out already tho :(
theres a lake in the site for swimming etc. As a Brit im duty bound to be worried about the weather. they have had very wet ones and very scorchio ones so somewhere in the middle would be perfect!

I loved The Glade (I went to the first 3), and I got offered a free ticket to this year's as friends of mine were co-hosting a tent on the Saturday night (the Toadstool crew) and are well in with the Nano Records people who provide a lot of the psy trance artists, but I'm not really well enough to go to festivals at the moment. :(

Back