Favourite Restaurant....

Robo

Hi all.

I was just wondering, what is your favourite restaurant???

Personally mine is Es Caliu....

I like it because its set in beuatiful gardens, and teh finca is superb, its a meat reastaurant with large portions, and great value for money.

The staff are very proffessional and friendly, it amazes me just how many languages they can speak!!

Its situated on the same road as Bambuddha Groove.....

So next time your on the island try ES CALIU.....

so what are yours?????...

Rob

I love the restaurant at KM5, the food is lovely and it is so chilled there, you forget where you are.

Also, I really like Kasbah in San Antonio, it is one of the few things worth going to San Antonio for, having a meal there as the sun sets.

we just had a christmas do at La Villa in Santa Eulalia - absolutely fantastic food at fair price with excellent service.

highly recommendable!

the restaurant near the jet apartments in Playa d'en bossa. I don't know the name of it but its a grill restaurant.

Es Caliu

My favourite as well which is why it gets a good write up on my site. It never ceases to amaze me that when I went for the second time(that was a long time ago) a year after the first, the waiter said - is it still a gin and tonic ? - how do they do that? All the best to Sebastien and Juan Luis

the moorea is the name of the grill bar by jet.

tony, i know your site but perhaps you could put the address on here by reply.

for the others, tony has years of experience in ibiza, why he doesn't just move here i'll never know, and his site is a personal oppinion of his favourite places.

barbie, it's such a shame you can't think of much to go to san antonio for. it's symptomatic of the bad press san an gets - the reality is that the whole town's image is besmirched by two small areas where young people intoxicated by either drink or drugs listen to strange loud music and do weird things - the west end and the sunset strip(s). take it from me san antonio has loads to offer apart from this....
it has some of the nicest bars and restaurants in ibiza, rincon de pepe, villa mercedes, nautical club, ritas, sa capella, rebost de can prats, sa capella, rias biaxas, don quijote, etc etc etc,
it has great sports facilities, waterskiing, winsurfing, sailing ( i learned to sail here) paragliding, kite boarding, horse riding, hiking, mountainbiking, fishing tips, scubadiving, go carts etc etc etc
it has great transport facilities, direct buses to loads of beaches and other resorts, boat trips to portinatx and formentera as well as cruises to everywhere, and private yacht charter.
it's got entertainment a plenty for all ages - be it discos, karaoke, singers, children's play areas and cabaret venues.
there's a bit to be going on with - how's that for starters?

Restaurants

"tony, i know your site but perhaps you could put the address on here by reply.

for the others, tony has years of experience in ibiza, why he doesn't just move here i'll never know, and his site is a personal opinion of his favourite places.[/quote]"

Thanks for the kind words - my new site is www.ibiza-personal.co.uk and is an ongoing project.
As to moving to Ibiza, it's a small matter of finance or more accurately the lack of :(
Maybe see you in June or July 2003

Tony, nice site!!!!! i love the pictures of everything and the fact that you have got a lot of detail there as well........

stephen said:
barbie, it's such a shame you can't think of much to go to san antonio for. it's symptomatic of the bad press san an gets - the reality is that the whole town's image is besmirched by two small areas where young people intoxicated by either drink or drugs listen to strange loud music and do weird things - the west end and the sunset strip(s). take it from me san antonio has loads to offer apart from this....
it has some of the nicest bars and restaurants in ibiza, rincon de pepe, villa mercedes, nautical club, ritas, sa capella, rebost de can prats, sa capella, rias biaxas, don quijote, etc etc etc,
it has great sports facilities, waterskiing, winsurfing, sailing ( i learned to sail here) paragliding, kite boarding, horse riding, hiking, mountainbiking, fishing tips, scubadiving, go carts etc etc etc
it has great transport facilities, direct buses to loads of beaches and other resorts, boat trips to portinatx and formentera as well as cruises to everywhere, and private yacht charter.
it's got entertainment a plenty for all ages - be it discos, karaoke, singers, children's play areas and cabaret venues.
there's a bit to be going on with - how's that for starters?

Yeah I agree there are a lot of nice bits around San Antonio, however it has got to the stage with me where I find it just too much hassle going over there, being hassled by the lucky lucky men, School Disco :rolleyes: flyerers, having to venture anywhere near the West End :evil: etc etc. I still make the effort to go over to that side of the island a couple of times, mainly to go to Kuhmraras and Kasbah, but the bad bits outweigh the good for me :confused:

you´re obviously young.i haven´t been hassled by a looky looky or a tout for years. it´s a problem only for the younger set.

My favourite restaurant is Sa Capella, so good that Stephen even named it twice when he was listing some of the restaurants in the San An area.
For those of you that dont know, Sa Capella is in an old monastary and the waiters wear traditional Ibiza outfits. Most of the food is cooked on a spit/barbeque, virtually in front of you. Its just outside of San An and well worth a visit. A meal for 2 cost us approx EUR 100 for three courses and a bottle of wine. It is a little bit more expensive than most others but well worth it.

stephen said:
you´re obviously young.i haven´t been hassled by a looky looky or a tout for years. it´s a problem only for the younger set.

LOL 26 actually, so getting on a bit these days ;)

thanks dee.
we really value your personal oppinion, but as a critical review of a restuarant we really need to remove the subjective element. so could you let us know
where burger king is,
the type of food it serves, and why you liked it, was it the style, presentation or really well cooked. what was the service like, were the the staff polite, attentive, or even over attentive. what about the atmosphere, what was it like and why did you like it.finally some idea of price and value for money would be great.
don't forget that we are trying to give objective information for people wanting to visit ibiza (possibly for the first time)
once again thanks for taking the time to write.

Back