Favourite nightclubs / venues (worldwide)

I think most of my favourites are now sadly departed.

Abroad:
Roxy and Trance Buddha, Amsterdam
Rex club, Paris
Amnesia, Space and Pacha, Ibiza.
The Sullivan Rooms, Output and Twilo, New York
Home and Chinese Laundry, Sydney

Uk:
Turnmills, The Cross and Baguleys, London
Nation, Liverpool
The Empire, Middlesbrough
Tell Trees, Yarm
Pleasure Rooms, Music Factory and Warehouse, Leeds
Leadmill and Republic, Sheffield
Sankeys, Manchester. Not sure how I forgot that pre edit!

i did (well the company i was on for at the time) the demolition on the Tall Trees site. Never got to go but still felt weird knocking it down!

I think most of my favourites are now sadly departed.

Abroad:
Roxy and Trance Buddha, Amsterdam
Rex club, Paris
Amnesia, Space and Pacha, Ibiza.
The Sullivan Rooms, Output and Twilo, New York
Home and Chinese Laundry, Sydney

Uk:
Turnmills, The Cross and Baguleys, London
Nation, Liverpool
The Empire, Middlesbrough
Tell Trees, Yarm
Pleasure Rooms, Music Factory and Warehouse, Leeds
Leadmill and Republic, Sheffield
Sankeys, Manchester. Not sure how I forgot that pre edit!
The Sullivan rooms was great when we went,some great restaurants close by too. And walking through Washington Sq park after the club was always good fun...

nice list mate! Empire is still going although they don't put much on anymore. shame really as its the most impressive venue we have.. shame to waste it on those 3 VK's for 5 quid commercial garbage nights
Cheers. I am lucky in that I’ve been round the block a bit and had some great opportunities. Sugarshack at the empire was one of life’s pleasures. Great to hear it’s still going. They had brilliant line ups and it was always cheap as chips as you say - entry, drinks, hotels, accommodation.

Last edited:
3 tiny ones in the East End which were off the scale good - The Visions Video Bar, The Russian Bar and the Dance Tunnel. I'm a longtime sucker for death trap venues with loose leads, fluorescent lighting exposing your dandruff, empty rooms with beanbags on the floor, strip mirror reflections and actual Russian staff serving you Red Stripes out of an ice filled bin for a arbitrary price each time. These are things the RA festival generation will never experience.

Studio 338 have a provisional calendar up from April until end June. Usual ‘iffy’ branded nights (Space, Sankeys etc) but Cocoon features 5th June.

Oops wrong thread - Can this be moved to clubs opening after COVID thread please ? :)

Attachments

• 5715C98D-3FE9-46D6-B023-417E4B262B18.jpeg
    5715C98D-3FE9-46D6-B023-417E4B262B18.jpeg
    678.2 KB · Views: 11
I ended up in Dance Tunnel after a Xmas do once. Had been a nice dinner in London, I was staying at the Hilton at Tower Bridge etc etc and one of the girls suggested going to a club, most said no but 3 of us ended up there. Wasn’t quite dressed appropriately for the rest of the clientele

I ended up in Dance Tunnel after a Xmas do once. Had been a nice dinner in London, I was staying at the Hilton at Tower Bridge etc etc and one of the girls suggested going to a club, most said no but 3 of us ended up there. Wasn’t quite dressed appropriately for the rest of the clientele
Those nights can be great.. especially if one of the girls hasn't been out in 20yrs like what happened with us few years ago.. ?
tenor.gif

Back