FAVOURITE DJS

the term should be trademarked really - so much of what is called tech-house bears no relation whatsoever to anything I grew up with

everything was simple before when music journos did all the graft for you. p56 for "hard house" reviews. p63 for 'hardbag', p 77-91 for 'hard floor'. but the marketing men cynically screwed everything up so now people call a cow a donkey when actually it's a bull. My only guide to a night now is reputation and the dwindling number of top-level DJs I've still heard of.

everything was simple before when music journos did all the graft for you. p56 for "hard house" reviews. p63 for 'hardbag', p 77-91 for 'hard floor'. but the marketing men cynically screwed everything up so now people call a cow a donkey when actually it's a bull. My only guide to a night now is reputation and the dwindling number of top-level DJs I've still heard of.

Hardbag?
Handbag House i heard of :lol:

I think house music is a little less fragmented then a few years ago. Not surprisingly it's djs dropping old school tracks regardless of their so called genre that's bringing it together. The reaction on the dance floor from young and old is the same when a good old school track gets played.

Is this online Craig?
No the tape is in my folks house,pretty bad recording just from one speaker:( I was talking to jonny moy few years ago and he has the original DAT recording of the night . He was the resident in sides that night..
He mixes the acapella of "Shelter me" over "fever called love" that still gives me shivers when I hear it..:)

I think house music is a little less fragmented then a few years ago. Not surprisingly it's djs dropping old school tracks regardless of their so called genre that's bringing it together. The reaction on the dance floor from young and old is the same when a good old school track gets played.

whoa - that takes me back. that rave riff was everywhere

bizarre inc or shades of rhythm maybe?

Back