Favourite DJ at moment

Christoph Woerner
Christian Voldstad
Marcus Meinhardt

... and solely based on Thursday Lee Burridge is doing it for me too. So different from the days I used to go see him play Fabric Room 2 but I like it.

Sorry gonna have to cheat - these all make the current shortlist

Based on home listening:

I-F / Mark E / Keith Worthy / Steffi / Heidi Lawden / Omar S / Felix Dickinson / Tornado Wallace / Brassica / Apiento / Paramida / i:cube / Craig Bratley / Convextion / mushrooms project

Based on recent clubbing in BCN:

Miber / Timeleft / Pau Roca / Clandestino / Francis Inferno Orchestra / Tony Bruce Lee / Dadame / Sergi Deckard / Ivy Barkakati

.... showing how totally out of touch I've become with the music scene in the last couple of years ... not a single name I recognize now !

Last edited:
The set he played when I saw him was absolutely banging techno but not at all monotonous, cliched as it maybe, he really took us on a journey and spat us out the other end, minds thoroughly blown!

This is a nice set too...

Reminds me of how Adam Beyer toned himself down to expand his DJ appeal a while back. Used to call it "pussy techno" ( or "accessible techno" as the cleaned up version :lol: ).

Christoph Woerner
Christian Voldstad
Marcus Meinhardt

... and solely based on Thursday Lee Burridge is doing it for me too. So different from the days I used to go see him play Fabric Room 2 but I like it.

.... showing how totally out of touch I've become with the music scene in the last couple of years ... not a single name I recognize now !
Marcus, Christian and Lee in the same post...
Alex would you like to marry me?

Christoph Woerner
Christian Voldstad
Marcus Meinhardt

Ha! I'm not that in touch either tbh. I was fortunate to know a lot of music people when I lived in London and it opened a lot of doors. Since 2016 I've been starting all over in Spain. It isn't easy and, if anything, a lot more cliquey in BCN than it ever was in Hackney. Hard to sum up what I'm mostly into but follow some of the links on the balearic thread if you're interested.

Heard great things about Helena Hauff and very much enjoyed everything I have heard (essential mix; boiler room etc.). Very excited to be seeing her at Afterlife on 12 July.

Heard great things about Helena Hauff and very much enjoyed everything I have heard (essential mix; boiler room etc.). Very excited to be seeing her at Afterlife on 12 July.
She very much lived up to the hype. I would strongly suggest trying to see her at some point if you can.

yes HH is ace - I've liked what I've heard of her techno and electro selections - in similar vein, see also legowelt, steffi, intergalactic gary, omar s, convextion (if you like it dark)

also massively into Mark E, Felix Dickinson, Fabrizio Mamarella & Paramida for more uplifting house right now

There are some amazing dj's coming through. Haai, Shanti Celeste, Saoirse and Orla are all dj's I look out for as they all play great music. Haai in particular has gone from strength to strength and has a sound I think that could work in Ibiza.

Back