Favourite DJ at moment

How can he connect with people wearing that ridiculous mask..

...you're supposed to be listening to his music not going on a date with him :) In any case, he only does part of the set with the mask, as far as remember, most of the time he doesn't wear it. I don't mind it, it's a bit of theatre that I think adds to rather than detracts from his performance.

...you're supposed to be listening to his music not going on a date with him :) In any case, he only does part of the set with the mask, as far as remember, most of the time he doesn't wear it. I don't mind it, it's a bit of theatre that I think adds to rather than detracts from his performance.
Forgive the old school Paddy .. :D

so who do we blame for the concealed face phenomenon?

Daft Punk? Deadmau5? Moodymann? Or ourselves, for caring in the first place?

I think it often gets forgotten - DJs are only hired to play records (usually other people's...) or is that an incredibly naive reading of what a DJ does....

so who do we blame for the concealed face phenomenon?

Daft Punk? Deadmau5? Moodymann? Or ourselves, for caring in the first place?

I think it often gets forgotten - DJs are only hired to play records (usually other people's...) or is that an incredibly naive reading of what a DJ does....

Good point, but if the DJ is up there looking disinterested that quickly gets transmitted to the crown IME.

I didn't even know Boris Brejcha had a mask until I'd been listening to his stuff for a while, and having seen him live I didn't feel it at all detracted from his performance or his ability to connect to the crowd (as far as I remember he only plays his own tracks BTW). I've not yet seen Daft Punk play live, maybe one day I'll get lucky ;-), but I doubt them wearing helmets would negatively affect my enjoyment of them. Claptone's another one, not a huge fan but he still has charisma performing, despite the mask. Deadmaus5 is a gobshite these days who I wouldn't get out of bed to go and see anyway!

I've seen loads of zero-charisma DJs stand up there, barely moving a muscle, failing miserably to connect to the crowd (Pete Tong is a classic example) whereas a decent DJ with charisma who's into the music he/she is playing will still connect to the crowd, mask or no mask.

You know I was being sarcastic about connecting with the crowd.. making eye contact as is often posted on here..:rolleyes:

Who is your favourite DJ at the moment.... (sven vath) excluded! (I know everyone loves him on here) ;)

Mine is tale of us:):)

Mine for the last few years has been Solomun . i don't think ive ever experienced a moment like when solomun dropped ( alex kennons - last call karmon remix ) and (Monkey Safari - Boris (Guy Mantzur Remix) with Âme at pacha in 2016.

Love hot since aswell. However i feel Solomun has been very sloppy recently and your right ! tale of us have come in and started to raise the bar :)

Back