Famous uk club nights past and present?

lfc63amg

now that Ibiza season coming to a end for this year, thought about clubs in uk past and present what club night or nightclub was really famous and any stories? Heard a lot about gatecrashers and fabric etc

Gatecrasher has been reborn back in Sheffield in a new venue 'Area' which I've heard is amazing although I'm not sure how often they put parties on.

IMO by far the best of the 3 other Sheffield venues they occupied was the first being at The Arches (now Arch 9). Cyber was quite a rare sight back then and the 'costumes' were quite good but then over time the dummies appeared and the whole thing became a bit of a childish cherade. Thank god they opened 'Bed' which was bloody fantastic.

Still in Sheffield - I wonder if anyone here ever visited Niche when it was a house club? As long ago as when it had the outdoor area. It was like a mini Space. Alfredo even once played there, it was probably in my top 3 nights of all time.

The network club in belfast is a big miss over here. Only held 500 at most but the residents and guests were always quality. Music was house and progressive trance. Closed about 2003 or so. Reunions they hav still sell out every year

Flicks in my home town Brechin (only a population of 6K) but won many awards, famous for its laser show. Sadly closed down now and the building is derelict. We used to go to the under 18's which ended at 9pm and then go to the over 18's which opened at 10pm!

Gatecrasher has been reborn back in Sheffield in a new venue 'Area' which I've heard is amazing although I'm not sure how often they put parties on.

Is it still Raine? Having knocked even the PR kids in the Gatecrasher Ibiza farce? He's like a cockroach! He will not die

In Birmingham we had miss moneypennys, crunch, wobble, chuff chuff and sundissential, all great nights. These are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Nightclubs would of been tin tins, bakers, steering wheel, bonds and the q club.

In Birmingham we had miss moneypennys, crunch, wobble, chuff chuff and sundissential, all great nights. These are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Nightclubs would of been tin tins, bakers, steering wheel, bonds and the q club.

Did all of those except sundissential. Actually the Chuff Chuff was in Egham (Surrey?)

Also enjoyed Canal Club in Wolverhampton

I stand corrected about chuff chuff, there was a night at Birmingham called that.
Sundissential was legendary in Birmingham. went on all day Sunday, some of the biggest names around used to dj there. I used to know a dj called paul kershaw so used get in free as he was a resident there. Big night I remember there , a tribute to Tony de vit when he passed away, judge jules, jeremy healy and few others turned up.

Leisure Lounge was quite good. We done a clubbing trip from Ireland in the early 90's and went to LL,club uk and a place in Covent garden cant remember the name,Chris and james were the residents I think.got our pills in a sex shop in soho:eek::lol: had a nightmare with vending machine in club uk turned out it wasn't a vending machine but a fire extinguisher...good pills:D

Leisure Lounge was quite good. We done a clubbing trip from Ireland in the early 90's and went to LL,club uk and a place in Covent garden cant remember the name,Chris and james were the residents I think.got our pills in a sex shop in soho:eek::lol: had a nightmare with vending machine in club uk turned out it wasn't a vending machine but a fire extinguisher...good pills:D
Gardening Club

Back