Fabric 10th Birthday: THE DISCO WILL NOT CLOSE.

"...
FABRIC: Out of administration
The London nightclub has been acquired by Fabric Life Limited.

Three weeks after going into administration, fabric has been bought by Fabric Life Limited, "a consortium who fully back [fabric] founders Keith Reilly and Cameron Leslie's vision."

The news comes after a month of uncertainty surrounding the world famous venue's future. Trouble began when matter, fabric's sister club, announced it would be closed for the summer due to financial troubles. fabric had guaranteed a ₤3.2 million loan taken out by matter, and went into administration following the club's closure. Rumors of fabric's demise abounded online, beginning with a Tweet from Buzzin Fly labelhead Ben Watt. Meanwhile, management at fabric maintained that all was "business as usual," only admitting to financial troubles when the club appeared for sale on Property Week.

Word of the club's recovery began last Thursday when DJ Sasha posted the following message on Twitter: "Bloody good news! Fabric has announced it is officially out of administration..."

The instability at the club comes at an especially turbulent time in London's dance music scene: in addition to matter, Plastic People has closed temporarily, and T-Bar recently announced its permanent closure.

fabric's statement in full: "The fabric family is delighted to announce that fabric is no longer in administration. fabric has been bought by a consortium who fully back founders Keith Reilly and Cameron Leslie's vision; nothing within the scope of the fabric ethos or team shall change. The consortium has formed a new company called Fabric Life Limited. After 10 and a half brilliant years, we look forward to many more."
..."
(residentadvisor)

Its possible all be it abit of a mission, I get back from edinburgh around 3pm sunday so could get in there around 6pm sunday night as long as work doesnt confirm me for monday night. Tho I think its the most fun late sunday morning

Its possible all be it abit of a mission, I get back from edinburgh around 3pm sunday so could get in there around 6pm sunday night as long as work doesnt confirm me for monday night. Tho I think its the most fun late sunday morning

Any ideas on set times?

I've been told Villalobos will be on at 10, not sure if its true though

you can phone up on the saturday afternoon / evening and get them , did it last time got all of em for the weekend!

Getting excited now..

Fry up in Smiths at 9.30am then downstairs.. 8)

Damian Lazarus has said on his twitter he's playing 12 till 2 on sunday night which is a shame because i might be gone by then.

Ricardo cancelled and was replaced by Luciano?

That's right. an ear infection apparently.
Many of my mates were disappointed but I didnt really mind as I've never seen Luciano before.

Got in around 11, it's always hard to get into the music and the whole vibe when you walk into a dark club at that time having just had a fry up. It meant I didnt really get into Tobi Neumann's set. Luciano came on at one and I didnt move from the dancefloor till he finished a 5.
Really wasn't expecting that sort of set, I'm sure some of the Fabric regulars didnt approve some of his tunes selection. Ultra Nate - Youre Free, Whitney Houston - Got Dance with somebody, Tim Delux -Just Won't Do.. but for that time of day, with some rays of sun bursting through the shutters I thought it was spot on. Main room was going off for the most part.

Dixon was on next and was also amazing... from what I remember :oops:
Terry Francis and Lee Burridge were hit and miss in my opinion. The worst of the night for me was dop's live performance, this chubby rapper came on with some strange vocals and killed the atmosphere plus he then decided to take his top off which was uncalled for.. :eek:

Damian Lazarus managed to get the club going again thank god... and by the time Craig Richards came on I could barely stand so left around 4am

Great afternoon/evening/morning.. till next year!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you go in room 3 at all? Was room 2 setup like last year with all the games type stuff? I didnt get back from edinburgh till about 6pm so couldnt be arsed to get down there for the final push

That's right. an ear infection apparently.
Many of my mates were disappointed but I didnt really mind as I've never seen Luciano before.

Got in around 11, it's always hard to get into the music and the whole vibe when you walk into a dark club at that time having just had a fry up. It meant I didnt really get into Tobi Neumann's set. Luciano came on at one and I didnt move from the dancefloor till he finished a 5.
Really wasn't expecting that sort of set, I'm sure some of the Fabric regulars didnt approve some of his tunes selection. Ultra Nate - Youre Free, Whitney Houston - Got Dance with somebody, Tim Delux -Just Won't Do.. but for that time of day, with some rays of sun bursting through the shutters I thought it was spot on. Main room was going off for the most part.

Dixon was on next and was also amazing... from what I remember :oops:
Terry Francis and Lee Burridge were hit and miss in my opinion. The worst of the night for me was dop's live performance, this chubby rapper came on with some strange vocals and killed the atmosphere plus he then decided to take his top off which was uncalled for.. :eek:

Damian Lazarus managed to get the club going again thank god... and by the time Craig Richards came on I could barely stand so left around 4am

Great afternoon/evening/morning.. till next year!!

was that the whitney houston / kraftwerk bootie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A41ckT1XWU

boss tune

Back