Everyone should try this!

ibiza-cooper

Every time you visit a beach, leave it cleaner than when you arrive. Please everybody take a carrier bag or bin liner and take away some litter. As much or as little as you feel like BUT TAKE SOME! That way oneday we might be able to have a clean island again. I know most folks will think this is boring and "someone elses job" and some beaches get a bit of help from some bar owners and council workers, but they can't keep up and every year it is getting worse. So lets do this and make a difference. I do it every year and most times after a while people look and one or two join in. So lets do this and make a difference! Thanks in advance to anyone who takes any notice! 8) 8)

Very good post. You are in the rigth, is terrible to see people throwing in the beach bags, cigarrets, tins, botles etc just not to carry it back or even when there is a rubish bin next to them. I think is a terrible thing to do and what I cannot understand is, why if they don't throw the rubish in the floor of their homes why should they do it when there are in the beach or in the rocks.
With a litle effort of everybody it would be cleaner. It should be taken also in consideration that some type of rubish is not biodegradable.

Chears.

good post. i've done a spot of bar owner organised beach cleaning myself in the past. great fun, especially the barbie afterwards.

what really annoys me though is people who seem to go out of their way to dump rubbish - further in fact than the official contenadors.

When I stay in San An I'm always depressed by the rubbish people leave on by the waterside on the land between sunset strip and the next bars at Coastline etc. They come down to watch the sunset with a couple of beers and leave the bottles and bags behind them. How hard is it to put your empties in a bag and take them with you?

Buckley said:
When I stay in San An I'm always depressed by the rubbish people leave on by the waterside on the land between sunset strip and the next bars at Coastline etc. They come down to watch the sunset with a couple of beers and leave the bottles and bags behind them. How hard is it to put your empties in a bag and take them with you?

Sorry - my point being that everyone should do as suggested.

Buckley wrote:

Sorry - my point being that everyone should do as suggested.

I understood your point this way. :D :D

Is shamefull, but personally I dont think the first question is how hard is to take the rubish away, I think that the first question is insolidarity, something like thinking as is not theres the don't have to look after it, and don't misunderstand me I not speacking of not being theres because of the nacionality I mean not being theres because is public, what I saying is good for spanish, english, german, like when somebody empties the car ashtray on the road, they wouldn't do that in their house but they do it when there are in a public place.
Another question is not knowing lots of the consecuences of what they do, for example when people throw cocacola tins with the plastic that holds the tins together on the rocks, if this plastic go into the water are very dangerous to the fishies, in fact many die because of this.
Good to know many people in this forums don't do this things.

good thread, totally agree with everything thats been said.

I just dont understand litter bugs, we all have to live in this world, so try to keep it tidy.

What about the litter caused by all the flyers etc handed out to punters on the streets, :rolleyes: who more often than not throw them straight on the floor! Should the bars or clubs who produce them be fined?Maybe they could be made of more biodegradable paper rather than glossy card? :rolleyes:

I always tidy up after people when I'm on the beach.

It disgust me the people who leave rubbish, especially glass just sat in the sand when it's such a beautiful place, plus it's highly dangerous when you have people walking around barefoot. It was especially bad around Bora Bora.

Some people are just very, very selfish. :evil:

Es Cana beach is a great beach until July and August when the British hordes arrive - it then becomes filthy with litter, particularly along the waterline - don't think your campaign will have much success because the families are usually arguing about whose turn it is to use the shared brain cell.

crifter, I don't know what your tipple is but I would seriously suggest taking more mixer with it. When you add to a thread, try and get your contribution to go with the correct one.

Re: pizza etc deliveries?

crifter222 said:
any good(bad?) places that deliver to apartments, in San An mainly.

(Would hotels object?)

Why not let crifter eat some of the rubbish. That way he gets his fill and we clean up the beaches? :lol:

fe11aa7c-d05c-4363-82e2-1c1ce95361ac.jpg

good girl!! :p

It's something I've done for the last couple of years when on long walks in the back, if I spot an empty bottle or such, I put it in my bag and dump it in the nearest bin, feels like my deed for the day :lol:

I've just came across this thread

Have to say i agree with everything that's been said on the litter thing. I always look for rubbish on my way off the beach after a day relaxing there.

It now gets to the point with me that i watch smokers to see where they put their fag end and most i have to say stub in straight into the sand :( like the beach is some kind of giant ashtray..

Ever since i first went to the island i've always had a dream that i may live there one day. I've actually been planning it out in my head recently even though it may never come off. Part of my plan for my stay was or is to visit different beaches throughout the week for 2-3hrs a day to pick up litter. Does anyone else have this dream?, i may be in the minority but for me it seems like bliss...

I'm glad i found that some people on this site think along the same lines as me :D

Back